• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@gettoasty it did, not much maybe an inch? But the shrink put it at a better length for me at 5'7". They are cool pants, can be worn a ton of ways. I can see them fitting into a MC type fit when a tad slimmer, I like long rises for a tucked in shirt. Me I'm going to try and fit them with some of my Our Legacy / Patagonia stuff and Birkenstock.. I can't deal with restricting pants anymore, my straight fit pants still even drive me nuts.

Unrelated, but random luck found a new Uniqlo U Harrington in that nice brown color at the thrift for $6. Wore it the next day and its got a few cool details i wasn't expecting at the price point. Something I've wanted but wasn't bothered to buy, and now seems long sold out (momotaros in picture not the uniqlo u jawnz).

IMG_20190312_173816.jpg

Last edited:

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Anyone got the scoop on this JWA blazer? It's 60% polyester, 40% cotton and I'm not sure what to make of that as the pants are 100% cotton.

My second alternative was the chambray blazer and matching long pants but the pants are listed as seersucker and I'm not sure if there's too much of a difference between the two?

I think you may be misreading the website. I think the pants in seersucker are 60/40, and the chambray are 100% cotton. From "Materials & Care":

[67Blue] 100% Cotton, Exclusive of Ornamentation [Other Color] 60% Polyester, 40% Cotton, Exclusive of Ornamentation

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mannn, Uniqlo had some cotton and linen blend band collar shirts that I missed. Online only. Sucks. Sold out now and no restock I am assuming. What gives?!!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Mannn, Uniqlo had some cotton and linen blend band collar shirts that I missed. Online only. Sucks. Sold out now and no restock I am assuming. What gives?!!

How long you been shopping uniqlo? You should realize by now this is their business model, nothing ever gets restocked online past halfway through the season.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am shopping at the store more now actually. I am still particular about the basics. I think the Uniqlo U collab this season for example was pretty good (just fit me right).

Was not aware they did band collar shirts though so have to stake it out next season.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
wait linen wrinkled? what a fuckin cheap ass offering from uniqlo

cafedandy

Reaction score
Linen wrinkles naturally whichever brand you get it from, it's just a matter of which one wrinkles "nicely".

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone had good success with the email notification for items back in stock? I feel like it is slow system setup as sometimes I will get an email and when going to the website item is sold already.

I have had much better success just checking periodically. Picked up those tapered, pleated Uniqlo U chinos finally in my size this morning when browsing on the phone. On that note, sometimes I think the stock is different when perusing the app on the phone. I suggest trying to browse both the website and app if you are looking for something particular. Received an order confirmation immediately FWIW.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
no that **** doesn't work

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Woah — they’re finally selling some ‘regular fit’ oxfords. Can anyone comment on what those are like? Like...fit-wise?

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They've had those for a while I think (online only at least). I ordered some to the Denver store and never made it down there before they got returned. But yeah anyone have em and can comment would be cool

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone buy the JWA pocketable parka in color block? I'm undecided at getting at full price but they are almost sold out here. It's very lightweight.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Uniqlo Japan got a lot of stock on UU stuff? Looks like they haven't even gotten to sale yet. Just wondering if anything will be in stock when I'm there in 3 weeks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads