• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Nice, picked up that blue/teal one as well. Raglan sleeves and side gussets are kind of too sporty for me but the color looks interesting enough and well it's a $40 sweatshirt. Also got a broadcloth button down.

Man, ******* Uniqlo and their ever changing tee shirts. They just need to stick with something that works and keep it. I still have like half a dozen from three or so years ago, forget how much they were, but they're just okay to me. Anyway, plain knit ribbing on those lemaire supima ones would have been better, totally agreed.

Bruh it's a sweatshirt, probably the best thing they make. I'm guessing they're always looking to cut costs as is the case with cheap ass **** like uniqlo so not much you can do about it. It's all china garbage anyway. When they make something good, which is usually pretty rare, you strike while it's hot. Pretty much over their stuff which was decent ten years ago but I'll gladly pay more for far better quality even for basics.

Last edited:

apolloali

Reaction score
Nice, picked up that blue/teal one as well. Raglan sleeves and side gussets are kind of too sporty for me but the color looks interesting enough and well it's a $40 sweatshirt. Also got a broadcloth button down.

Man, ******* Uniqlo and their ever changing tee shirts. They just need to stick with something that works and keep it. I still have like half a dozen from three or so years ago, forget how much they were, but they're just okay to me. Anyway, plain knit ribbing on those lemaire supima ones would have been better, totally agreed.

I'm still pissed they changed their OCBD style like six years ago.

Reactions: 1up

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Everlane probably styleforum's most hated brand, but I've switched over to them for good basics. Their quality fit and finish is up there with Nordstrom brands. And I find their fabrics are pretty nice; more substantial feeling than budget brands and their lighter stuff is the right kind of 'light'. They also offer a few different fits. It's a brand that's for women to buy their fashion clueless boyfriends / husband since they are already shopping there. But damn what else is out there for cheap basics?

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What sucks about Uniqlo U is that I feel like it doesn't work with other items. I+J worked with a lot of my other brands while Uniqlo (when it was higher quality) fit in well with my contemporary closet. I like the colors of Uniqlo U and some of the looks, but that look is like a commitment.. and like can anyone actually say they want to look like this standing in line for Chipotle?

Screenshot 2019-02-07 at 11.20.50 PM.png

grayfox

Reaction score
I think it's going to automatically look better on someone who isn't 6'2"

The denim definitely isn't that cropped on the pair my friend has.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got my order of the UU nylon shorts, UU coach jacket, UU jeans, and super-non iron BD shirt.

The UU stuff was disappointing. The nylon shorts had a very unflattering fit and the nylon was uncomfortable, stuff and crinkly. The coach jacket looked cheap and had too puffy sleeves for the thin fabric, the jeans were too cropped on me at 6'3, although otherwise decent. The hem stood out to the sides in a weird way though. I think they could look decent on someone shorter and with a mild press down the front to fix the poofing hem.

On the other hand, the super-non iron shirt was suprisingly nice. Good enough every-day shirt for work. I got the regular fit one size down and fit is quite spot on.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Just got the UU navy seersucker suit in, pretty decent beater S/S suit for $100 all in

I bought one as well. I've been happy with the green cord Ines suit, so it was nice to get something similarly inexpensive for summer.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here work out in their arism t shirts? I wanna try em

Zassiliss

Reaction score
If you bench or anything with them you slip off the seat way too easily.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Coldsnap the jeans are awful. Truly awful. The colour/wash is good, but the actual cut is just straight up old navy special.
If you do like that kind of cut though I would suggest sizing down 1.

The Milano rib tee on the other hand is dope.

And none of this UU stuff is remotely Lemaire-ish. The only thing that comes close to having a Lemaire vibe is the colours. To be clear I wasn’t expecting “cheap Lemaire”. I just see a lot of people referencing UU as such and it’s actually starting to piss me off.

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone getting a "Wrong Billing Address" error when trying to place an order online? Freaking weird.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not me, but I ship to a different address than my billing so that could have something to do with it.

Also, is it just me or do the current sweat pants have a drier hand than previous pairs? The normal $29.90 ones. The cotton feels drier, duh, and slightly coarser than my last pair. I have a an old grey pair and the new ones are black, so I can't really tell if it's just a color thing or not.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads