• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheObserver

Reaction score
Interested in getting some black jeans. Haven't worn black jeans for few years. Not sure which model to go with. Are the skinny stretch jeans really skinny, like SLP level, or they are more of a slim fit? I'm looking for something similar to the Acne Max Cash/ APC Petite Standard/ Dior 17.5cm fit

Last edited:

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stretch skinny pretty similar to petite standard. I don't like them because the rise is freakishly small and the calves are super skinny. If thats youre thing they may be perfect.

TheObserver

Reaction score
I don't want super low rise and skinny calves either. Do you have any experience with the Black Selvedge Slim Fit?

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah theyre a very nice fit, mid rise and calves not too skinny. the elastene makes them super comfy. size up one (if they are the same batch as we currently have in the UK- the UK site actually specifies this)

CityMap

Reaction score

Uniqlo band collar shirt in navy (wish they had grey or burgundy)
Uniqlo joggers in navy (really comfortable)
and Uniqlo stretch sweat jacket.
Should I get it in black or white? also considering grey.

JilSlander

Reaction score
^ Black looks good.

Uniqlo has low-key been putting out some great stuff. I recommend the always reliable Airism briefs, new chambray shirts, joggers for lounging/gym, crewneck sweaters, washed striped tees, etc.

Last edited:

ASpec818

Reaction score

Interested in getting some black jeans. Haven't worn black jeans for few years. Not sure which model to go with. Are the skinny stretch jeans really skinny, like SLP level, or they are more of a slim fit? I'm looking for something similar to the Acne Max Cash/ APC Petite Standard/ Dior 17.5cm fit
I have the black skinny selvedge jeans and they're good quality. The fit is really nice and the stretch makes them way more comfortable than my apc pns. You should try them on to see what fits you best. I went tts at 28 and i love it.

lineate

Reaction score
I don't want super low rise and skinny calves either. Do you have any experience with the Black Selvedge Slim Fit?

if you're tall, you're going to find the current crop very low rise.

I don't know what's happening, but I'm finding Uniqlo fail after fail at the moment. Sizing is all over the place.

CityMap

Reaction score
http://www.uniqlo.com/jp/store/goods/171189

Uniqlo of Japan is now selling short sleeve henleys (non-Lemaire).
I just wish they weren't the baseball sleeved ones and were solid colors, with more color options like their tees.

Also wish they had non-waffle long sleeve henleys.

boozwah

Reaction score
Short sleeve henleys would be great.

I end up buying a lot of work and casual basics from UNIQLO, usually online, but it can be really frustrating with the inconsistency of the product. I would like to pick up some more dress pants but the selection is really limited right now and I'm never quite sure if the fit is going to similar to what I already have. Same goes with the jeans. I have some great pairs of Uniqlo jeans, but now I'm not sure what type I should be buying now...

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

http://www.uniqlo.com/jp/store/goods/171189

Uniqlo of Japan is now selling short sleeve henleys (non-Lemaire).
I just wish they weren't the baseball sleeved ones and were solid colors, with more color options like their tees.

Also wish they had non-waffle long sleeve henleys.

Agree, non-baseball neck would be better, but I guess this is Japan.

jm22

Reaction score
Looks like they might not release the cotton-linen t-shirts that they did a while back. Anyone know of a similar alternative in the same general price range?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads