• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

boned

Reaction score
Anyone in line for the Chicago opener? This **** is ridiculous.

NXNW

Reaction score
Anyone in line for the Chicago opener? This **** is ridiculous.
All openers like this? Was going to check out the new Seattle location in a few weeks. Probably day after though as it's all the way in Bellevue. If the place is going to be picked clean it will change things.

leeba

Reaction score
If anybody is still looking for a Lemaire black shawl collar jacket in M at cost+shipping, PM me asap - otherwise I gotta return mine soon. I needed an L. Measurements on site seem correct.

boned

Reaction score

same here, guess i'll go some other day.  don't really want to deal with michigan ave on a friday.

The line spanned 4 blocks. But I actually got in a half hour after opening. Most of the good Lemaire was picked over so I got some promo socks and undies.

CityMap

Reaction score
Last edited:

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i have both the extra warm and the regular heat tech one.
They're the same thickness, but the difference in warmth is noticeable.
since then I use the extra warm when going out and left the regular one for indoor use (which I may not use anymore since my  new place has a flat rate electricity fee)

Hey thanks for replying. I had thought the extra was thicker in material. So I guess the Acrylic material being higher makes it warmer.

I still have a brand new pair from 2yrs ago which at that time contained 50% Cotton 47% Polyester 3% Spandex.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uniqlo cashmere is fine. I like it, anyway. Just obviously don't expect the same quality as higher end cashmere, it still feels significantly different, especially for people who have reaction to wool.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Uniqlo cashmere is fine. I like it, anyway. Just obviously don't expect the same quality as higher end cashmere, it still feels significantly different, especially for people who have reaction to wool.

It's fine… but extremely overpriced for the quality. I only grab it when on sale.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh I grab most things only on sale. I wouldn't say it's extremely overpriced, compared to other brands. I'd say cashmere things in general are extremely overpriced. Do you know of other brands that have better quality cashmere at same price or similar quality cashmere at lower price at retail?

CityMap

Reaction score

for me, i've been avoiding wool because in winter I tend to build up more static electricity than anyone else in the office. wool seems to worsen it.
was wondering if cashmere would reduce that.. other wise its back to thick cotten sweaters.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
never had static problems with cashe myself

Landscape

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the convertible collar coat? Onely one picture on the website, so I'm a bit unsure about it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads