• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phrost

Reaction score
Went to store to try out the WM parka and +J bomber in my regular large size, and had some sizing problems with both.

For the parka, the sleeves are more roomy than I thought. I suspect the wind can still go in if you don't tighten the opening with the straps, which I tend not to do. The body is also a bit too long.
For the bomber, body length and width is good. The sleeves, however, are too long. Even when I stretch my arms, the cuffs are able to reach that part when the thumb meets the finder, which I understand should not happen.
Welcome to the forum!

Yes I found I had to size down one for the WM parka as it fit a bit oversized.

If you’re looking for a warm winter down parka, check out the +J oversized down one. It has kept me warm in 20F/-7C winter weather. I liked the outer shell fabric more than the WM one and prefer the more versatile removable zippered hood.

It has snap cuffs that tighten to block out wind, which I prefer because Velcro tends to lose its adhesiveness after a while. Like the WM one, I had to size down one on the +J as well.

I liked the +J bomber jacket for what it was and preferred how it looked slightly oversized with a slouchy fit rather than the slim fitted look some people like. If you’re looking for a true winter jacket that will keep you warm in the blistering cold, the bomber will not be enough without a bunch of layers.

NonChalant321

Reaction score
I picked up the +J O/S down parka in XS today, olive color. I already had last year's +J hybrid down O/S parka in S and the WM hybrid down parka in XS so will give my thoughts on comparison.

I really like last year's +J parka, but always wished I sized down to XS. I normally get Uniqlo jackets in M or S, and the parka retains its O/S look. However, it would be warmer and maybe something I could wear after the O/S trend dies down if I had sized won. It just feels quality though, and the style is like an elegant, understated snowboard jacket (if such a thing can be imagined).

The WM parka - I've been wearing this a LOT lately. The hood is really the best hood on any jacket I've had. It's just well designed from a practicality standpoint. The placement of the chest pockets lends itself to a variety of uses (i.e. gloves, wallet, odd ends). Even at XS, it's easy to layer underneath (usually the WM uld liner underneath is enough for me down to 20F). It's also less bulky than the other 2 so I feel it's has a wider range of wearability.

The newest addition is this year's +J down parka, on sale. I read some good reviews (and a positive post here) and decided why not - I could use an olive to mix it up since the previous 2 were black. It came in today and I sized down to XS. Right off the bat, I noticed it fits a bit "tighter" in the body than the WM XS - but it doesn't necessarily look as slim. It looks bulkier. But...I'm assuming there's more down fill so makes sense. I do like the outer fabric better than the WM and maybe the hand warmer pockets. This also has chest pockets which I haven't opened, but not sure if it feels as roomy and retains the accessibility/design ratio of the WM one (the zipper openings are longer). A pro is the placket which might keep provide better wind protection than the the WM. Overall, I think it probably is warmer than the WM parka but less room to layer - provided it's at the same size.

Hard to pick a favorite. I'm inclined to select last year's +J hybrid down parka but wish I tried XS, and also would prefer it was double zip. For practicality, I'd go with the WM but it won't get any compliments for design since it looks like a typical mountain parka - i'm still trying to figure out where the new +J fits in.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Yes I found I had to size down one for the WM parka as it fit a bit oversized.

If you’re looking for a warm winter down parka, check out the +J oversized down one. It has kept me warm in 20F/-7C winter weather. I liked the outer shell fabric more than the WM one and prefer the more versatile removable zippered hood.

It has snap cuffs that tighten to block out wind, which I prefer because Velcro tends to lose its adhesiveness after a while. Like the WM one, I had to size down one on the +J as well.

I liked the +J bomber jacket for what it was and preferred how it looked slightly oversized with a slouchy fit rather than the slim fitted look some people like. If you’re looking for a true winter jacket that will keep you warm in the blistering cold, the bomber will not be enough without a bunch of layers.

I also prefer the slight oversized look, that's why the bomber's body width and length are both ideal to me. It's just the sleeves, or the cuffs to be more specific, that I'm having problems with.

Unfortunately, M is out of stock at all the stores near me, so I can't try it on to see how it fits. But my speculation is that while the sleeves are okay, the body will be slim fit.

I also owned the bomber from the spring/summer collection in L. It fits moderately oversized just like I prefer, and by looking at the size chart, the sleeves are 2 cm shorter than the new version.

Mishathebeer

Reaction score
I just received the olive vintage chino
I was disappointed the olive color is really ugly
The inside is more brownish
I miss my old green vintage chino

Phrost

Reaction score
I picked up the +J O/S down parka in XS today, olive color. I already had last year's +J hybrid down O/S parka in S and the WM hybrid down parka in XS so will give my thoughts on comparison.

I really like last year's +J parka, but always wished I sized down to XS. I normally get Uniqlo jackets in M or S, and the parka retains its O/S look. However, it would be warmer and maybe something I could wear after the O/S trend dies down if I had sized won. It just feels quality though, and the style is like an elegant, understated snowboard jacket (if such a thing can be imagined).

The WM parka - I've been wearing this a LOT lately. The hood is really the best hood on any jacket I've had. It's just well designed from a practicality standpoint. The placement of the chest pockets lends itself to a variety of uses (i.e. gloves, wallet, odd ends). Even at XS, it's easy to layer underneath (usually the WM uld liner underneath is enough for me down to 20F). It's also less bulky than the other 2 so I feel it's has a wider range of wearability.

The newest addition is this year's +J down parka, on sale. I read some good reviews (and a positive post here) and decided why not - I could use an olive to mix it up since the previous 2 were black. It came in today and I sized down to XS. Right off the bat, I noticed it fits a bit "tighter" in the body than the WM XS - but it doesn't necessarily look as slim. It looks bulkier. But...I'm assuming there's more down fill so makes sense. I do like the outer fabric better than the WM and maybe the hand warmer pockets. This also has chest pockets which I haven't opened, but not sure if it feels as roomy and retains the accessibility/design ratio of the WM one (the zipper openings are longer). A pro is the placket which might keep provide better wind protection than the the WM. Overall, I think it probably is warmer than the WM parka but less room to layer - provided it's at the same size.

Hard to pick a favorite. I'm inclined to select last year's +J hybrid down parka but wish I tried XS, and also would prefer it was double zip. For practicality, I'd go with the WM but it won't get any compliments for design since it looks like a typical mountain parka - i'm still trying to figure out where the new +J fits in.
I remember the WM chest pockets were roomier than the +J one, as it can only fit a medium sized wallet max. However the +J one has slightly deeper hand warmer pockets, so it’s a trade off.

I was surprised at how different the +J parka looks without the hood. I can see myself wearing it without the hood in the late fall when it starts getting colder. So I prefer how it’s a more versatile 1.5 - 2 season jacket. Those other hooded parkas are strictly for the winter where I live.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uniqlo U for Spring/Summer just had a preview.

the shirt jackets are fire. The rib blouson is a toss up

Reaction score
Recently bought the WM Ultra Light Down. The fit is moderately oversized, and the round collar makes it easy to layer other pieces inside. However, as soon as I washed it (hand wash then spin-only in the washing machine), feathers started popping out of every seam possible. I totally understand that sooner or later feather leakage will happen, I just can't believe it happens only after a week.

Has anyone else also experienced this issue? Have I messed up the jacket, or the quality is just not that good?

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently bought the WM Ultra Light Down. The fit is moderately oversized, and the round collar makes it easy to layer other pieces inside. However, as soon as I washed it (hand wash then spin-only in the washing machine), feathers started popping out of every seam possible. I totally understand that sooner or later feather leakage will happen, I just can't believe it happens only after a week.

Has anyone else also experienced this issue? Have I messed up the jacket, or the quality is just not that good?
I would never put a jacket like that in the washing machine. Typically just spot clean, and worst case if it must be cleaned hand wash only (not in the washing machine). Did you read the care instructions? My +J down parka for example says hand wash only but no washing machine

Reaction score
I would never put a jacket like that in the washing machine. Typically just spot clean, and worst case if it must be cleaned hand wash only (not in the washing machine). Did you read the care instructions? My +J down parka for example says hand wash only but no washing machine

Mine says hand wash only.
I did hand wash the jacket and only use the spin function of the washing machine to get the water out. That's how most people where I'm from deal with handwashed clothes.

Last edited:

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine says hand wash only.
I did hand wash the jacket and only use the spin function of the washing machine to get the water out. That's what most people where I'm from deal with handwashed clothes.
take a pic of the wash tag

Reaction score
take a pic of the wash tag

Here it is.

z3136754643681_16275faf51e5534dacf75859ec1a3f9e.jpg

Reaction score
yeah it says do not machine wash right on there. Hand wash means literally hand wash in a tub, not hand wash cycle in the washing machine

Maybe my choice of words isn't the best, and I'm sorry for that. What I meant was I handwashed it in a tub, then spun it in the washing machine.

As far as I know, there's a difference between spin dry and tumble dry, so that didn't go against the care label.

hobojones

Reaction score
No, what everyone is trying to tell you is that you shouldn’t have spun dry in the washinng machine at all. Hand washing means you stop after you hand wash it in the tub. This is 100% on you luckily it’s some cheapo uniqlo stuff but I’d never throw anything delicate like that in the washing machine no matter the setting.

Reaction score
No, what everyone is trying to tell you is that you shouldn’t have spun dry in the washinng machine at all. Hand washing means you stop after you hand wash it in the tub. This is 100% on you luckily it’s some cheapo uniqlo stuff but I’d never throw anything delicate like that in the washing machine no matter the setting.

Ahh, so I've been doing it wrong the whole time. Thank you for pointing that out.

Sorry for wasting everybody's time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads