• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

illiterate

Reaction score
For people in the Greater Toronto Area, Square One Uniqlo has a decent amount of stock of the parkas and fleeces from what I saw. Very few sizes in the liner jacket though. If someone wants something to proxy, I can take a look for you.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The oversized +J stand collar shirts look appropriately sized in M on their models so I'm really confused on sizing (I'm 5'9" 160-165, 42R) as I go w/ a L in 18 East for a nice oversized look. I ordered L in the +J collection even though the 18E measurements line up better w/ M.

januarytwenty

Reaction score
Ended up buying the +J half zip in black. Was hoping for the olive but it’s out of stock. I’m sure Uniqlo will restock in the upcoming days just like they did with the WM collection.

NonChalant321

Reaction score
WM fleece jacket and ULD jacket arrived. ULD feels thinner than regular ULD but the details and texture and overall fit i like. Its a keep. The fleece jacket was disappointing. The cut is just too unflattering at the waist with the way the pockets are attached. Returned.

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone try either of the WM or JIL parka? Thinking of getting one. Wondering how they run.

itsPronouncedSteven

Reaction score
Anyone try either of the WM or JIL parka? Thinking of getting one. Wondering how they run.

I have the WM parka and it runs oversized/little long. Still debating on returning or keeping. Can take a pic later if you'd like.

Also posted this over in the waywt thread, but here's me in the WM ULD liner:
DSCF9030.jpg
Ordered it on a whim (really just wanted the fleece pullover and try the parka), decided to keep it. I think it's a bit thinner than the normal ULD jackets, but I could be imagining things.

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
?? Thanks yeah I’m leaning towards the Jil. Gonna be in NY next week. Might do a store pickup so I can return it on the spot if it don’t fit.

loopdeloop

Reaction score
Picked up a couple of basic things from +J but pretty disappointed. The dry sweat has an interesting shape, but the material feels cheap. There's no terry or loopback lining either so it's actually quite thin. For £40 i was hoping for something fancy... this is anything but.

I also picked up the easy work trousers in navy. The photos on the website make these out to be an almost garment dyed deep navy, with a soft, slub'y workwear feel (kind of like the OrSlow French work pant). Well, in reality the navy is pretty ordinary and the material is not soft or slub'y. They feel more like a chino. Again, for £60... disappointing.

I also picked up the mainline relaxed fit ankle length cords because of the great reviews and found them poor. I guess for £20 i shouldn't expect much, but the cord is just really bad. The sizing is weird too. I picked up a medium without really thinking and they run small. The website says the actual waist measurement for a medium is 30"?! Mine actually measure 28" and there's almost no give in the elastic. Odd.

Overall my experience with Uniqlo is going down hill. I wish they spent more time on refining quality and fit instead of all these high profile collabs they've got carried away with. It's been said a million times before, but looking back at the quality of early U, and comparing it to the collabs now, its night and day. I think i'll end up spending more in Arket now, which is really improving here in Europe. They're a bit more pricey but i've been impressed.

taduuu

Reaction score
Some UU pieces are still really good value for money, but the amount of good stuff is decreasing. Knits are mostly plastic etc. I miss wide chinos from 2 or 3 seasons back. Would buy more of available. Sure UU stuff is not for everyone.

Also prices of the special collabs have gone much higher. +J duffel jacket for 300 euros? You can probably cop gloverall jacket on sale for similar price tag and its much higher quality. +J is still Uniqlo.

also sizing charts are often inaccurate.

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone in New York able to proxy an item from the Aime Leon Dore store? Of course paying on top

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a couple of basic things from +J but pretty disappointed. The dry sweat has an interesting shape, but the material feels cheap. There's no terry or loopback lining either so it's actually quite thin. For £40 i was hoping for something fancy... this is anything but.

I also picked up the easy work trousers in navy. The photos on the website make these out to be an almost garment dyed deep navy, with a soft, slub'y workwear feel (kind of like the OrSlow French work pant). Well, in reality the navy is pretty ordinary and the material is not soft or slub'y. They feel more like a chino. Again, for £60... disappointing.

I also picked up the mainline relaxed fit ankle length cords because of the great reviews and found them poor. I guess for £20 i shouldn't expect much, but the cord is just really bad. The sizing is weird too. I picked up a medium without really thinking and they run small. The website says the actual waist measurement for a medium is 30"?! Mine actually measure 28" and there's almost no give in the elastic. Odd.

Overall my experience with Uniqlo is going down hill. I wish they spent more time on refining quality and fit instead of all these high profile collabs they've got carried away with. It's been said a million times before, but looking back at the quality of early U, and comparing it to the collabs now, its night and day. I think i'll end up spending more in Arket now, which is really improving here in Europe. They're a bit more pricey but i've been impressed.

I admit not everything is a slam dunk but Uniqlo is an insane value for the money IMO. The White Mountaineering fleeces are great. I think with UU and +J, you get a reasonable balance of high fashion design with accessibility and price.

loopdeloop

Reaction score
I guess we will all have quite different interpretations of value, especially insane value. I found the WM fleeces to be cheap to handle, but i've never been a fan of those very fluffy fleeces Uniqlo do anyway.

I was probably a bit harsh in my initial post as i've bought and kept a few things over the last few UU seasons which i have liked, especially the thick, wide cords from last winter and a 100% wool mock neck knit from maybe three winters ago. But i do think the balance between design, price and quality has shifted over the years, and especially since the collabs ramped up. Knits now contain much more acrylic and polyester, AW padded shirts that used to be filled with down are filled with poly, flannels can be entirely synthetic, fabrics described as moleskin are much thinner than previous iterations etc. This is just my experience though. And perhaps i was just unlikely with my +J pieces (although an unlined, 70% poly sweat for £40 doesn't seem that great a balance between design, accessibility and price IMO).

For me the inconsistent sizing, and that there's now a charge for returns, also have to be considered when it comes to assessing Uniqlo's value, too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads