• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't really notice the chinos except for a passing glance. I wasn't impressed by those in SS21...they were lint magnets. Back to the work pants - Uniqlo describes them as moleskin fabric. I reckon they will start to have a nice fade after each use/wash depending on the user.

I was more interested in the variety afforded by the W's side. In fact the #1 item i went straight for were the gathered sweat pants. They met expectations & So is the 100% ribbed wool cardigan. I was surprised.

TBH this collection is super lean and only the flannel jackets spark any kind of print/pattern.

Still there were some gems in both M & W's as highlighted above.

This gives me hope JWA will have better options as he always seemed to be the weaker comparing both B2B.
Previous seasons of the chino had a cotton canvas like material, which is what I thought you were describing when you said they were “sturdy”. A moleskin fabric could be nice too

Thanks for the intel. It certainly helps me and others who are ordering online and don’t have a store in close proximity.

ggss09

Reaction score
I have the work pants from SS21 and theyre great. Not sure if the material is different on FW21 but if its the same theyre great. Tall dudes just be mindful they're going to be slightly cropped on you (I'm 6'1)

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did anyone check out /try the new U single breast coat?
goods_09_442167.jpg

Reginald Bartholomew

Reaction score
Uniqlo mainline work utility pants and cardigan. The mainline collection has improved leaps and bounds over the years.

The mainline utility pants and the cord version seem cool, though the measurements make it look like the latter is a fair bit fuller in the top block.

Jineline

Reaction score
The mainline utility pants and the cord version seem cool, though the measurements make it look like the latter is a fair bit fuller in the top block.

The new Ankle Relaxed Cord Pants (elastic waistband) is pretty good too. Nice beige and brown colors.

Jineline

Reaction score
Those do look decent. Have you tried them? If so what’s the sizing like?
Yes, I’m a true 31 waist and the M fitted perfect. Relaxed fit, not too wide, but definitely roomy. These fits like this summer JW Anderson elastic waist pants but size Small.

taduuu

Reaction score
I guess due lack of reviews here new U collection was not a hit

Jineline

Reaction score
In Europe at least. I thought it was released everywhere but not sure

Canada release is expected first week of October. We have been getting late release lately. Hype and reviews have been pretty quiet compared to previous years.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I’m a true 31 waist and the M fitted perfect. Relaxed fit, not too wide, but definitely roomy. These fits like this summer JW Anderson elastic waist pants but size Small.
Would you say the medium fits you like the model pic?
goods_442395_sub8.jpg

As a true 35" waist I normally take a 36" pant these days, but 36" seems to be in the middle of the L/ XL...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads