• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYLON

Reaction score
When I buy from Uniqlo its usually solely U (sometimes a JW Anderson piece and Engineered Garments- please please I hope more comes from EG for Uniqlo!). I think of it more as the elevated basics angle. The oversized airism tshirts are a stellar example. The regular airism tshirts are more safe. I do wish there was more play with texture, color, pattern though. The seasons do start to bleed into each other as this goes on. I look forward to the sweat cardigan and wide shorts.

Looking back at the last 9 seasons, it really is more of the same. Not sure if they are marketing the range to new customers, old customers, or just everyone in general, which is the problem. They keep mentioning being focused, but it's starting to feel watered down. I remembered from past collections, especially the first Lemaire co-branded drop & the OG UU has some serious low-key fire.

I don't understand why they couldn't upgrade the line a little in terms of the little stuff, like buttons for instance. This is afterall, their premium line and the clientele knows what they want (at least i want to believe it that much.) Price points are similar +/- 10% so why the heck not? There's only 2 shots for a year so it really puzzles me, whereas their regular season drops shouldn't be competing but in a sense should synergize the special releases. That's what makes it special..& differentiating.

scyd

Reaction score
When I buy from Uniqlo its usually solely U (sometimes a JW Anderson piece and Engineered Garments- please please I hope more comes from EG for Uniqlo!). I think of it more as the elevated basics angle. The oversized airism tshirts are a stellar example. The regular airism tshirts are more safe. I do wish there was more play with texture, color, pattern though. The seasons do start to bleed into each other as this goes on. I look forward to the sweat cardigan and wide shorts.

Agreed. Definitely fewer statement pieces than past seasons, but I find Uniqlo U punches above its weight for certain staples -- especially if you're into oversized silhouettes. The Airism tees, wide-fit sweats, pullover hoodies, and pleated pants are all hard to beat at the price point.

I'm personally planning to re-up with a relaxed suit, wide shorts, and wide joggers.

Anyone know why the US preview page no longer lists any SS21 button-up shirts?

crxcr

Reaction score
Is the relaxed suit good enough for like attending weddings?

scyd

Reaction score
Is the relaxed suit good enough for like attending weddings?

Depends on the formality of the event, but I've enjoyed wearing my grey tailored jacket + wide pants from 2019 to a few weddings.

I'd recommend trying on/handling the pieces in person if possible. Personally, I've been pleasantly surprised for the price.

loopdeloop

Reaction score
Relegating U to a place for oversized t-shirts feels like a waste to me. If that's what is really popular and what everyone wants, just add it to the mainline Uniqlo.

Obviously they have to keep in mind what sells when the collection is put together, but i think it's easy to get mixed up between what doesn't because it's too left field, and what doesn't because it's simply not a good piece of clothing worth buying.

The U line doesn't need to be full of 'statement pieces' but rather interesting, wearable clothes that push past button down shirts and smart trousers. When they've done that it usually sells quite well - boa fleece liners, ripstop cargo pants, oversized cords, that onion stitch V-neck ultra light down etc, all did really well. From the new season those wide fit joggers all sold out within the first day (in the UK, anyway). The balance between that kind of stuff and the more conservative (and repeated) more tailored pieces has been getting worse each season.

ggss09

Reaction score
Copped the Black Trucker and Olive Work Pants, will throw up pics when they arrive.

NYLON

Reaction score
The workpants i saw IRL and they were lint magnets :confused:

AlaninTally

Reaction score
Anyone have recent experience with Uniqlo or U elastic waist pants & shorts? Mostly interested in sizing. Previously I always bought a medium due to size chart and model pics that always showed them marked as wearing a medium. Now the model pics all mark them wearing a large but it doesn’t appear that the size charts have changed. Wondering if new ones sit more at natural waist, models wearing a size up for more relaxed fit, or what? Lol

BatmanFactory

Reaction score
Is the entire shirting section missing for anyone else on the US site? I really want those camp collar shirts

Pastamancer

Reaction score
Is the entire shirting section missing for anyone else on the US site? I really want those camp collar shirts
Yeah, not appearing for me and it got dropped from the preview page a few days back as well. Probably a glitch b/c I don't remember them posting different dates for the drops (and it would be weird to entirely exclude shirting at launch). Or maybe they're having legitimate supply chain issues

WayneLyndon

Reaction score
Anyone tried this women’s UU coat? It could look good without the belt and since mens coats have usually 5 cm/2 inches excess in the sleeves this could work as it is.

But WTF the body width in size XL is... 83cm / 32 2/3 !!!

I mean... what the hell? My old rain mac from Uniqlo’s mens departmend has width of 68cm in size XL.

Opinions what to do? I do like clean oversized as a style.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads