• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Actually, the UU21 drop is pretty good for elevated basics.

No linen this time...probably for JWA i guess.
Agree, and apparently, the theme for this season is "New Classic", jumping off from the new normal and pieces that make sense for the current times. While nothing too new this time, combining and styling the pieces makes a lot of the difference.

There's linen! But mostly cotton linen blends for the long sleeve shirting, and the 3 button jacket/setup is a poly-linen blend.

Last edited:

NYLON

Reaction score
Agree, and apparently, the theme for this season is "New Classic", jumping off from the new normal and pieces that make sense for the current times. While nothing too new this time, combining and styling the pieces makes a lot of the difference.

There's linen! But mostly cotton linen blends for the long sleeve shirting, and the 3 button jacket/setup is a poly-linen blend.

Yeah they kept it safe. I missed the patterns. and there's only so much you can do with horizontal stripes.
NGL i expected more it's starting to feel predictable.

Will check in store to see how they feel on hand. Wasn't aware of fabric compositions as I just had a quick run thru on the lookbook. Nothing really stood out...

cafedandy

Reaction score
Yeah they kept it safe. I missed the patterns. and there's only so much you can do with horizontal stripes.
NGL i expected more it's starting to feel predictable.

Will check in store to see how they feel on hand. Wasn't aware of fabric compositions as I just had a quick run thru on the lookbook. Nothing really stood out...
The Japanese site just updated info on the materials should you want to look through, with some model pics as well, but indeed the best way is to check them in person. I do wish they will have prints again in the future at least.

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, nothing really jumps at me from the new U. I need a beater suit, but that standard one doesn't look that exciting. Might pick up the open collar short sleeve and maybe my 10th Airism tee or something.

Anymore word on if +J was a one-off or if it's coming back for spring?

Last edited:

GeorgeC

Reaction score
What happened to the wide and cropped U jeans they used to do for a few seasons? Was a fan of those. All I see now is one pair of selvedge jeans, not particularly cropped or wide, from the new U collection. Curious how this one fits.

cafedandy

Reaction score
What happened to the wide and cropped U jeans they used to do for a few seasons? Was a fan of those. All I see now is one pair of selvedge jeans, not particularly cropped or wide, from the new U collection. Curious how this one fits.
Was a fan as well, I was actually hoping they'd make a Wide Fit Tapered Selvedge for this season, but seems like just a repeat from last FW20. Based on the Japanese site description, it's the same straight cut regular fit jeans from last season.

GeorgeC

Reaction score
@cafedandy Any experience with the FW20 version? The cropped U jeans were very large at the waist, had to go down one or two sizes...

cafedandy

Reaction score
@cafedandy Any experience with the FW20 version? The cropped U jeans were very large at the waist, had to go down one or two sizes...
I had to size up one as it was a bit tight in the waist. Still good, maybe it'll be the same this season or they might make a little adjustment.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was a fan as well, I was actually hoping they'd make a Wide Fit Tapered Selvedge for this season, but seems like just a repeat from last FW20. Based on the Japanese site description, it's the same straight cut regular fit jeans from last season.

Are these the wide and cropped jeans? They are from the 2020 collection. I've been wearing them ever since and they have aged nicely. Really great value on these jeans and the fit is killer.

IMG_20201220_110502.jpg

cafedandy

Reaction score
Are these the wide and cropped jeans? They are from the 2020 collection. I've been wearing them ever since and they have aged nicely. Really great value on these jeans and the fit is killer.

View attachment 1537445
Yeah, I really like these pairs! I'm still wearing the ones from SS17 and FW17, and details have definitely improved in the following seasons (although for the navy denims, I find the fabric in 2017 to be the best)

Samir

Reaction score
Consolidating the closet and have these for sale. PM if interested:

+J wool flat front pants, navy, FW14 – 30 – NWT
UU fishtail parka, navy, FW12 - S

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Are there anymore +J oversized parkas around? Seeking a small. Medium is too big.

NYLON

Reaction score
Anyone know which knit sweater (apparently it's from the womans line) from Ray's latest VLOG?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads