• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
FYI, if folks are interested - SF location had some stock of the oversized parka in green, black, wine size large & up this afternoon. Unfortunately, still seeking a black or dark grey in Med.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, if folks are interested - SF location had some stock of the oversized parka in green, black, wine size large & up this afternoon. Unfortunately, still seeking a black or dark grey in Med.
I personally thought the green wasn't green at all and it was more like dark grey. But then again I haven't seen black/dark grey in person so it might be different. You didn't like the green?

kejan

Reaction score
I have the green version. It is a fantastic alternative to other neutral colours. Has anybody tried on an XS and a small? I wonder how different they are, as the small is quite oversized (but I still really like it).

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the green version. It is a fantastic alternative to other neutral colours. Has anybody tried on an XS and a small? I wonder how different they are, as the small is quite oversized (but I still really like it).
I can't compare the two because I haven't tried the small, but the xs is a great fit for me and I'm normally a M in Uniqlo.

kejan

Reaction score
Damn, that’s me as well. Should have waited for a restock of the XS, but I didn’t know if it would actually happen.

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for those fitting XS in the parka, what’s your height and weight? I know there are other factors to sizing including fit preference but just trying to get an idea. Think i may need an elusive XXS

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for those fitting XS in the parka, what’s your height and weight? I know there are other factors to sizing including fit preference but just trying to get an idea. Think i may need an elusive XXS
I'm 173cm, 70kg lol. Body shape is prob equivalent to about 65kg though, cos most of my weight is concentrated at my belly

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
I personally thought the green wasn't green at all and it was more like dark grey. But then again I haven't seen black/dark grey in person so it might be different. You didn't like the green?

Yeah, the hues and color descriptions are off a bit. Its not a bad color, I guess I usually gravitate to a darker colorway for outerwear.

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Levis, Bonobos and Land's end pants are 32" - 33".
Incotex pant - 50EU. I want to buy "HEATTECH LONG JOHNS".
Should i go with "M" or "L" ? I think "M" would be fine... but doubts.

Same story with "HEATTECH V-NECK LONG-SLEEVE T-SHIRT".
I wear J.Crew t-shirts and shirts in regular M or slim fit L. According to size chart i need L...

Any suggestions are realy appreciated.
Thanks.

From my experience, Heattech is normally a little shorter so that it remains "hidden" beneath your clothing. They also fit tighter. So, it depends on how you want to wear the pieces. I normally size up.

loopdeloop

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the U padded quilted coat? Or have any other photos of it being worn?

It's now well discounted and was thinking it might be a decent top layer over some ultra light down or whatever. Fabric and construction looks really nice, especially the nylon shimmer in the olive. Also quite attracted to parts of the silhouette like the snap'able sleeves to change their volume etc. But it also looks quite awkward on the model and i've no idea how i'd wear it (i'm over the military vibe thing). Someone on the US site reviewing it called it 'confusing', which is my fear (someone else said the snaps jingle when open...)

NonChalant321

Reaction score

XXS currently in stock on the US website - albeit low stock.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the U padded quilted coat? Or have any other photos of it being worn?

It's now well discounted and was thinking it might be a decent top layer over some ultra light down or whatever. Fabric and construction looks really nice, especially the nylon shimmer in the olive. Also quite attracted to parts of the silhouette like the snap'able sleeves to change their volume etc. But it also looks quite awkward on the model and i've no idea how i'd wear it (i'm over the military vibe thing). Someone on the US site reviewing it called it 'confusing', which is my fear (someone else said the snaps jingle when open...)
Tried this one, I like the silhouette, and has good reviews on the Japanese website. It can look dull in photos, but changed my impression on it upon fitting. I think it's a good top layer, even if it might feel like a wall insulation sheet at first (the ULD can balance that). It can 'jingle' when open because of the metal snaps hitting each other when open - but a minor thing for me.

D30B09B3-DFB3-4B8B-8F9E-DF4F3BE969DA.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads