• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Did anyone pick up the oversized cashmere chesterfield? Has anyone seen any left over in stores?

cafedandy

Reaction score
Got my order today. Here's a rundown:

Black Hybrid down parka: my favorite of everything I ordered. Really like the details and overall quality. Small (US) fits me fine and still feels oversized a bit but just as intended - I'm 5'8" 165 lbs for reference.

Navy Wool tailored jacket + slim fit wool blend pants: the material is good and definitely fall/winter weight. The jacket is not very slim fit but i like the silhouette anyway. Its not slouchy either. Just drapey in a fitted way. The M sleeves were too long and overall felt too big although shoulder and armholes were fine. The S fit better in general so returning the M. The pants....I have mixed feelings. When I first put them on, they seemed too roomy in the groin area but I think they're intended to be higher waist. Also not very slim.. Its not quite what I was expecting but will keep as a suit. As mentioned the pants are 100% wool despite saying blend. I have to visit a good tailor. If anyone knows a good one in North NJ or NYC let me know.

Dark Gray Chino pants: again, seems to be high waisted but fabric feels nice and I like the fit. Interestingly, hook closure instead of button. Its slim but not skinny. Got the same size as the suit pants but this felt loose and suit pants felt tight in the waist.

Navy Wool tapered pants: these are somewhat wide and slouchy but comfortable - theres some stretch to the waist band. I can't see myself wearing too often so I'll likely return.

Merino blend crew neck in charcoal with black stripes: i like the design and feels comparable to regular merino wool uniqlo sweaters - maybe slightly better. At M, its ever so slightly longer and wider than I wanted but I'll probably keep it anyway.

BONUS: got the hybrid down jacket for the wife and she's impressed with the quality and overall design, except for 1 thing - she's not completely sold on the wide sleeves. She's on the fence about keeping it because of the sleeves.

Here's a fit pic of the suit:
Suit looks great on you! I would've gotten it too only if I had a lot of use for it. The pants for that is the only 100% wool, the rest of the pants in the collection are wool blend, but I think the better kind of blend for Uniqlo. I also wish the chino pants were a bit relaxed, but maybe it's not for me (people with big thighs) :))

BearCatCow

Reaction score
While we are all looking at the sold out +J page I would like to point out that there's a lot of good prices on the Uniqlo U stuff right now! The suiting, corduroy shirt, flannel shirt, half coat, and shirt jacket are all great pieces. The shirt jacket has a melange coloring to it that feels very luxurious.

blacklight

Reaction score
Took home 5 items from the collection, and have sent back 2.

Kept the pinstriped suit and black O/S stand collar. Sent back the women's colorblock turtleneck (weird fit around the body) and white stand collar shirt but keeping an eye out for the natural CW still.

The U fisherman turtleneck has been my favorite knitwear add this season and will likely double up. Tried on the U fleece overshirt as a piecemeal replacement for the Lemaire one I missed out on earlier this year but the fabric didn't do it for me.

Last edited:

NonChalant321

Reaction score
So I've worn the hybrid parka out in low 30s (F) temperature. It's decently warm, but definitely meant for layering. It's not 1 of those down jackets where you can go out in a t-shirt or 1 heattech layer underneath and feel toasty in high 20s and low 30s. I tried that and wished I had on 1 more layer - even a thin one would have been okay. That said...really like the details, the zippers, the hood, the functionality, wind blockage and overall look of the parka.

taduuu

Reaction score
Got parka, oversized shirt and zippered sweater. I like them all so keeping them. Sized tts for all. Shirt and parka are oversized, but not ridiculously so.

Sweater has veeery long sleeves but rolled them once and it looks nice. Maybe it was meant to be worn like that. Shirt fabric is nothing special but I like details, fit and natural colour.

mrballs

Reaction score

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah! thanks for offer -- unfortunately, I would need a Medium for asian sizing.
i managed to get one- my advice would be to size down. i'm typically a medium in uniqlo and the UK small fits nicely oversized.
I like it, the material is not particularly substantial but it's soft and has a nice drape. double-faced and feels 'luxe' enough to make the style work. overall it reminds me of the acne charles coat, which is 3x the price. so if you like the look, it's a decent everyday coat.

Last edited:

scyd

Reaction score
Got in the oversized shirt, bomber, and parka.

Overall very impressed with the execution. Lots of attention paid to the details. Lining and insulation on the jackets feel very luxe. Cuffs and zippers feel solid and look sharp. Lots of well-thought-out pockets.

Sizing (for upperwear, at least) feels in line with Uniqlo U. I was happy going TTS for a slight oversized fit. For those wanting a slimmer silhouette, sizing down one should work, but you'd be missing out on some really nice draping.

Speaking of U -- which to me usually feels like a slight departure from mainline Uniqlo, pulling from the same general ingredients -- +J feels like an extra step or two away, with some funkier features.

In that sense, I was surprised how streetweary/trendy the pieces felt in hand. The bomber in particular was less understated than I had hoped. Prob gonna keep the parka and return the rest.

IMG-2505.JPG
IMG-2516.JPG
IMG-2532.JPG
IMG-2540.JPG
IMG-2576.JPG
IMG-2597.JPG

Last edited:

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got in the oversized shirt, bomber, and parka.

Overall very impressed with the execution. Lots of attention paid to the details. Lining and insulation on the jackets feel very luxe. Cuffs and zippers feel solid and look sharp. Lots of well-thought-out pockets.

Sizing (for upperwear, at least) feels in line with Uniqlo U. I was happy going TTS for a slight oversized fit. For those wanting a slimmer silhouette, sizing down one should work, but you'd be missing out on some really nice draping.

Speaking of U -- which to me usually feels like a slight departure from mainline Uniqlo, pulling from the same general ingredients -- +J feels like an extra step or two away, with some funkier features.

In that sense, I was surprised how streetweary/trendy the pieces felt in hand. The bomber in particular was less understated than I had hoped. Prob gonna keep the parka and return the rest.

The more I look at it, sizing down 2 might have been a mistake. Well the only option available for me was to size down 2 but yea. If anyone is interested in a dark green parka in xs shipped all the way from NZ, let me know. I'll let it go for what I paid plus shipping, if it doesn't work out.

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
i managed to get one- my advice would be to size down. i'm typically a medium in uniqlo and the UK small fits nicely oversized.
I like it, the material is not particularly substantial but it's soft and has a nice drape. double-faced and feels 'luxe' enough to make the style work. overall it reminds me of the acne charles coat, which is 3x the price. so if you like the look, it's a decent everyday coat.

I do like the Acne Charles coat and the unstructured shape and drape it has. I was able to order an XS, but looking at measurements, a US small would probably work best. If anyone has seen a small (US), navy around and can proxy please let me know !

sirphilliam

Reaction score
I know this is a shot in the dark, but was wondering if anyone would like to swap hybrid down jackets if they had an XXS? I have an XS in dark green and dark grey, but I need an XXS in either. Shortie problems lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads