• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mishathebeer

Reaction score
Too bad there isnt a fitpic of the hybrid jacket
The black one looks good hopily the material got a mat finish
The navy one looks horrible with the shiny material
Still cant decide which one i like better the parka or the jacket
Whats your favorite?

Phrost

Reaction score
Huh I just casually checked the Uniqlo site and saw the return of a brand new +J collection.

It must be coincidence the first collection was released on the heels of a global recession, while this one is dead in the middle of a global pandemic and recession. I'll be damned, she really does have great timing ?

I always thought Jil left Uniqlo on bad terms. I just assumed her perfectionist uncompromising personality clashed with Uniqlo's focus on a more budget friendly mass audience.

It looks like typical Jil Sander to me - austere more formal clothes with some military inspired elements and sportswear. The pieces with the different colored geometric splatter reminded me of something Raf did during his time at Jil.

I have some dress shirts and wool dress pants from the previous +J collections. They've held up well, especially the wool pants.

The only thing that looks interesting to me is the military inspired CWU-45/MA-1 hybrid down flight jacket. I do regret not buying that +J wool technical hooded down coat from FW 09.

I hope the higher price points equates to better quality and materials all around. I did notice some of the previous +J dress shirts had real trocas shell buttons.

Kal Varnsen

Reaction score
I feel like some of these +J shirts hit that awkward spot of being both too basic, and too fashion forward at the same time. They're dull in terms of color and print, to the point where they're not immediate must haves, yet have unusual details that I think would make them fairly limited in terms of when you would wear them.

436736-62.webp

436115-64.webp

436735-00.webp

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the 100% wool stuff significantly better than the wool blend? I think I remember people having complaints with the blends. I was looking at getting the +J wool suit but the pants only come in slim fit, I was looking for more of a straight fit for versatility reasons.

Although maybe the site is still updating(?), the rope belt is showing as women's only now on the US site.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Is the 100% wool stuff significantly better than the wool blend? I think I remember people having complaints with the blends. I was looking at getting the +J wool suit but the pants only come in slim fit, I was looking for more of a straight fit for versatility reasons.

Although maybe the site is still updating(?), the rope belt is showing as women's only now on the US site.
I believe 100% is significantly better, although sometimes wool blends are alright depending on composition and texture. Maybe I've come to view them in a different light now, not all blends are bad. If it's double face or tweed style wool blends, then just be selective or be wary of what you choose since some are passable, some can be very itchy (example, the Uniqlo and Lemaire Duffle Coat in 2015 was just bad for me and pilled a lot). 10-20% nylon or poly in my experience is OK, anything with more than 10% acrylic has this cheap shine (sorry, i just hate it). I have the U FW18 which was a 50-50 polywool and like it a lot as it may be one of the best versions of it, although I can still recommend the 100% poly in the current season.

I'm also worried about that +J slim fit wool pants since my build also works better with straight fit. I checked the size charts in the Japanese sites to compare the 2014 revival model and this upcoming collection and I noticed that there is an increase in certain measurements by 1-2 cm, which may help in some way since they did mention they updated the silhouette. Best thing is to really fit it on launch, or if you're ordering online, try to get the size ups and just return the ones that don't make it.

cafedandy

Reaction score

Phrost

Reaction score
Any guesses on how long +J and Jil Sander will stick around for? I'm glad she's starting off with a Fall/Winter collection so we get to at least see some relatively interesting outerwear. I find Spring/Summer pretty boring.

It's funny - someone mentioned in this thread wanting to see the return of Helmut Lang with Uniqlo. Will we see bondage strap bomber jackets and exposed nipple tank tops?

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Using those now
Uniqlo Airism.jpg

3 - pack.
Do you know how many times you can wash them before they loose their protection (there is an inner filter layer in polypropylene) ?

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
How are they? I thought of picking up a pack but had read initial reports that they were somewhat thicker than expected.
Frankly they are good. I don't like washable masks and usually wear disposable ones, but those are pretty breathable. And they are quite thin.

Kal Varnsen

Reaction score
Yeah, I just bought a 3 pack the other day. One thing I wish they had was a metal strip near the nose. Disposable masks have them, and it would have made the mask less likely to slip down when wearing it.

And I believe they can be washed up to 20 times.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads