• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Are the 100% wool sweaters itchy at all?
Specifically for the U mock neck middle gauge fisherman knit, it wasn’t itchy for me, but some may have sensitive skin. I’d recommend sizing up on knits so there’s allowance, and wearing an undershirt can help too.

spikefugazi

Reaction score
Specifically for the U mock neck middle gauge fisherman knit, it wasn’t itchy for me, but some may have sensitive skin. I’d recommend sizing up on knits so there’s allowance, and wearing an undershirt can help too.
Thanks. That's exactly the one I was curious about.
They were in my cart until I read multiple reviews on the jp site saying it was itchy.
Thank you. That was what I was worried about. In that case, I'll play it safe and avoid it altogether. I've tried on a wool sweater at a Uniqlo store before; it definitely irritated my skin. I can't handle that.

BearCatCow

Reaction score
Sorry yes I meant the UU one

Is this TTS you're wearing here? That seems to be on the slimmer side. I like the oversized look personally, so this would be to small for me, but as I mentioned the measurement seem huge. A 25" body width as normally an XL/XXL, but they saying that for a medium.

It's quite oversized. Just like all the other UU shirts. I wore it while demonstrating and teaching taichi and it felt perfectly loose and comfortable in that situation. I like it very much!

cafedandy

Reaction score
It's quite oversized. Just like all the other UU shirts. I wore it while demonstrating and teaching taichi and it felt perfectly loose and comfortable in that situation. I like it very much!
Like it as well, fits as wide as the oxford and corduroy ones. Just a bit different sizing on the U Broadcloth shirts, they fit a bit closer (I notice this every FW when some items fit less loose), so just check accordingly when fitting :)

AlaninTally

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Uniqlo sweatshirt sizing? The description says relaxed fit but to size up for an oversized fit. Is that necessary or is it already pretty relaxed? Typically buy M or L depending on size guide. Usually a M if it specifically says garment is oversized (like the U oversized T or the oversized polos from spring)

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Uniqlo sweatshirt sizing? The description says relaxed fit but to size up for an oversized fit. Is that necessary or is it already pretty relaxed? Typically buy M or L depending on size guide. Usually a M if it specifically says garment is oversized (like the U oversized T or the oversized polos from spring)
I would say it's pretty standard sizing, so not slim fit. Size down if you like it slim, TTS if you want a normal fit and one up if you want it oversized. All personal preference really...

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Careful with the wide fit U sweatshirts. They look big but in my experience they’re normal size with a dropped shoulder.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Careful with the wide fit U sweatshirts. They look big but in my experience they’re normal size with a dropped shoulder.
The U wide fit sweatshirt this season are a bit sized for women compared to last season's mens, so you need to size up. Same goes for the hoodies in my fit experience if you want a bit of allowance. Mainline Uniqlo sweats are regular fit for me, agree with above tips on sizing.

pe3brain

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with this year's balmacaan coat? I'm not sure about sizing/quality I'm a 36" waist 46" chest and normal somewhere between L and XL but the size chart makes me wonder if I should shoot for a medium like I did with the hunting jacket this last spring

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is weird is that in the sweat shirt I had to size down from my regular sizing. Very strange, everything else fits TTS for me

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is weird is that in the sweat shirt I had to size down from my regular sizing. Very strange, everything else fits TTS for me
Depending on the style you got and desired fit, not really. They have both slim and regular (vintage cut) mainline sweatshirts. The UU one's fit different again apparently

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depending on the style you got and desired fit, not really. They have both slim and regular (vintage cut) mainline sweatshirts. The UU one's fit different again apparently

Oh? I didn't know that. I just walked in and grabbed a light grey sweatshirt lol.

losangelesghoul

Reaction score
Anybody here got the Men's U sweatpants and thought it's too cropped??? I am only 5 ft. 9. Not even that tall..
Women's U sweatpants in one size up than my normal size fits way better but they sold out so fast...

Pastamancer

Reaction score
Anybody here got the Men's U sweatpants and thought it's too cropped??? I am only 5 ft. 9. Not even that tall..
Women's U sweatpants in one size up than my normal size fits way better but they sold out so fast...
Quite a few of the reviews on the website also complain about the length. Was planning to pick up a pair because I've got a limited wardrobe where I'm staying atm and don't have anything particularly warm, but passed on the sweatpants because of that

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads