• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

losangelesghoul

Reaction score
UU is up now in US. No sweatpants unfortunately.. I was looking forward to it cause i really liked the SS20 one.

Pastamancer

Reaction score
UU is up now in US. No sweatpants unfortunately.. I was looking forward to it cause i really liked the SS20 one.
Fairly certain the sweats will arrive in the coming weeks -- they were part of the preview and I've seen some pics on Insta. The upcycled bomber also isn't available yet, but I'm pretty sure everything else in the collection is here

shirtandty

Reaction score

Saw this on IG and the pants are tagged uniqlo.. anyone have anymore info on these? Love the pockets

cafedandy

Reaction score
Saw this on IG and the pants are tagged uniqlo.. anyone have anymore info on these? Love the pockets
[/QUOTE]
It's the Men U Wide Fit Straight Pants. Really good underrated pair that so much of it went to the sale racks or heavy discounts. I recommend this a lot! For me, having it altered with no breaks looks nice, but as is is ok as well.
https://www.uniqlo.com/sg/store/men-uniqlo-u-wide-fit-straight-pants-4257810008.html

cafedandy

Reaction score
A Uniqlo U review from a Japanese blogger I follow, where he reports from Uniqlo Harajuku store (it looks nice!), it's in Japanese though but basically he just shows his recommendations in the video:

Some fit pics in his mail magazine and his thoughts on the items were that while U is becoming more and more defined and stable in its look, style and silhouette (as Lemaire has mentioned also in an interview), there's less items this season, and less "adventurous" pieces. If anything, the palette is always really good with Lemaire's in-between colors.

Mockneck has a glossier texture similar to the U Airism shirt (but this is not Airism, maybe due to the poly mix), recommended.
IMG_0089.jpg IMG_0097-1.jpg

One of the best knits for him having 100% wool with a dry hand, can easily be mistaken for something more expensive (or high brand as he says).
IMG_0140.jpg IMG_0144.jpg

The wool blended jersey suit setup is also his fave for its texture and was pretty popular during the release in Japan.
IMG_0179-1.jpg IMG_0184-2.jpg

Denim work jacket seemed to be thicker this season for him but still recommended.
IMG_0187-2.jpg

He feels the check pattern was sophisticated due to the color selection than the typical plaid patterns. He never thought he'd like it so much since he always thought plaid was too casual.
IMG_0248-2.jpg

Sturdy wool blend texture and the wine color has the strongest vintage 70s-80s vibe with the wide pants.
IMG_0278-2.jpg

He feels it's a more stylish down coat if you're looking for one.
IMG_0357-2.jpg

Also, while he likes the new non-blocktech mens trench coat, he recommends the women's version for it's clean, minimal design (that in his POV doesn't look like a typical Japanese salaryman's coat)
IMG_0534-2.jpg
IMG_0536-2.jpg

The U release is delayed to next week in my location in Vietnam, so I'll share my thoughts on it as well.

There's a display in the store and I was able to see the Wool blend jacket (it can feel like a rougher version of the wool-blend fleece), the Corduroy blouson, shirt and pants (they look good in person, especially the dressier look of the thin-waled shirt). The padded bags look well made as well, has a similar material as past U nylon bags. The women's denim coat is actually something interesting to be used as a coat for men, too.

Attachments

• IMG_0320-2.jpg
    IMG_0320-2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 108
  • jpgoods_431341_sub28.jpg
    jpgoods_431341_sub28.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 104

WayneLyndon

Reaction score
Nice, many thanks!

I like lots of styles, but that best of 90s everything drooping downwards -style is also really cool; buttoned roomy shirts with large collars instead of todays style of tight OCBDs with top button open. Jackets with low gorge and a bit more roomy body instead of high gorge and tightness.

Tight jackets with high gorges and buttoning points looks to my eye always like he’s wearing kids size jacket and or someones trying to pull the jacket over the head from behind; a sense of ’urgency’ instead of being in the precent moment. Being in a ’hurry’ is never cool, it means one is incapable of keeping touch with time and running late of something. Luxurious cool is having time and it is always impractical by nature; it is not ’needed’, it’s a bit of an romantic excess.

UU hits that 90s vibe in a good sense (Lemaires main line also ofcourse). That beige brownish suit without chest pocket is looking really good and if it was full wool my bank account would be in trouble. But sadly most items are poly/acrylic -blends of some sort :(

I also really dig that Japanese urban style with oversized everything; nice catch with the womens trenchcoat!

cafedandy

Reaction score
It may be a bit disappointing for a lot of people this season due to a lot of styles being the same as past, but it's a good thing in a way as the line seems to be somewhat sure of itself moving forward, even Lemaire's own line has repeating items season per season, something that I guess he wants to impart here in having a stable style that builds your wardrobe. Maybe also a good introduction to progressing later on to mainline Lemaire, I guess.

Am still disappointed with most of the synthetic blends (17FW had so much of that sadly, with badly pilling knits), although some blends are good, like having a little poly or nylon on a knit can make it a bit sturdy (the 18FW poly-wool suit still looks fantastic as I wear it today, might be one of the best versions although the full poly wool-like this season isn't as bad). Acrylic I'm not a fan off for its fake shininess, but it does work for some items.

And, it is always nice to check out the women's section as you never know what might look good. :) May not go as crazy as I was in past seasons, but there's still +J and JWA to check out in future releases. Maybe they did delay the previews so as not to take attention away from the current releases.

BearCatCow

Reaction score
And, it is always nice to check out the women's section as you never know what might look good. :) May not go as crazy as I was in past seasons, but there's still +J and JWA to check out in future releases. Maybe they did delay the previews so as not to take attention away from the current releases.

I'm sure the +J preview will release right after we spend all our money on the UU FW20 ?

Thanks for all the info! I ordered the flannel shirts and corduroy shirts. Lyocell blend in the flannel sounds very interesting. Will report back!

BearCatCow

Reaction score
The cordu's and flannels are the clear winners this szn.

You're right. Somehow my order arrived today super ahead of schedule. I must live next to a distribution center or something ha ha.

Got both flannel shirt designs. They are fantastic. The lycocell blend makes them soft and drapey and they are very breathable and feels almost summer weight. They will not keep you warm gathering firewood in a snowy winter but you will look and feel pretty great in an AC office ha ha. The earth tones one have a warmth to the color that is rare to find these days. Keeping both.

Corduroys got the natural and orange. The orange is a true pumpkin orange and too warm for me. The natural is a bone colored off white that goes really well with both your blues and browns, ie every pants from UU. The fit is loose and the drop shoulder is really nice. They look very relaxed but put together with the fine wale gauge. Neither color suits me so I will return them but I do recommend them.

Last thing I got is the polo sweater in olive. It's a rich deep olive brown like the colors deep in a forest right before sunset. It fits a little closer to the body than the 20SS polo sweater due to the nature of the wool. It makes it look a touch more refined and a touch less relaxed. But still definitely firmly in that Lemaire relaxed vibe. This one is my favorite and is a definite keeper!

That's the haul so far! I'm eyeing some of the pants but here in southern california the spring summer pants are pretty much all season pants so I'll wait to see what you all say about them. ?

losangelesghoul

Reaction score
I am very tempted to get the Women's Denim Shirt Coat but can't find any pics of guys rocking it yet. The price is so good.

NYLON

Reaction score
The Canadian website says the sweatpants will be available on 24th Sept .

The sweatpants are now available for in Taiwan.
I got to check out the AW versions of these as I liked the SS20 ones.
The fit looks the same (oversized) so if you took a size down you can continue to do so in the same sizing.
However what's different this time is the liner...it's fleecy.
Colors are great, but they will be too warm in the current climate.

On the other hand, the women's version comes in terry which is much more bearable and similar to previous season, I went up a size from the Men's version and hope it works. ?

losangelesghoul

Reaction score
The sweatpants are now available for in Taiwan.
I got to check out the AW versions of these as I liked the SS20 ones.
The fit looks the same (oversized) so if you took a size down you can continue to do so in the same sizing.
However what's different this time is the liner...it's fleecy.
Colors are great, but they will be too warm in the current climate.

On the other hand, the women's version comes in terry which is much more bearable and similar to previous season, I went up a size from the Men's version and hope it works. ?

Yes! The women's version is much sleeker too. That's the only piece i bought in-store and only 1 size up for me. They sold out so fast in store and online though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics