• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kal Varnsen

Reaction score
I wish I could get onboard with the U line, but I just find the quality to be mediocre, and I'm not really a fan of the colors they use.

cafedandy

Reaction score
U microsite was also updated with a short feature on their Paris R&D atelier and the recycled down process. Sarah Linh-Tran is now onboard as well with the womenswear.

https://www.uniqlo.com/uniqlo-u/20fw/us/en/article/02/

Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 12.16.15 PM.png

WayneLyndon

Reaction score
That bd-shirt looks like it has substantial collar, which is nice. Anyone knows how Uniqlos shirt age in general, are they any good? I have a feeling they are tat thin? I’m hesitant to order any shirts since I’m afraid they are too thin, too boxy. Some heavier shirts do look good though.

That suit in end of the post looks good fitwise; comfy, casual and relaxed. I know a member here in StyFo who has a beautiful and substantial tweed sportcoat with regular jacket pockets, like let’s say harrington jacket pockets. It looks really good on otherwise normal SC. That Uniqlo u suit doesn’t have a chest pocket at all, and they could go even further ?

By the way I got the trench coat from the last UU, one piece came back to sales for 69 euros so I bought it. I like the model but it’s very difficult to use: if it’s going to rain my head will be exposed anyway since it doesn’t have a hoodie. It’s too long and crispy to throw on casually and blocktech makes it a bit unwelcoming. It’s just surprisingly difficult to wear.

WayneLyndon

Reaction score
Regarding cords: anyone have experience how Uniqlos corduroy-trousers age after washing? I dislike the look how cheap corduroy tends to look -stripy, the whales all messed up. Any comment on that?

cafedandy

Reaction score
That bd-shirt looks like it has substantial collar, which is nice. Anyone knows how Uniqlos shirt age in general, are they any good? I have a feeling they are tat thin? I’m hesitant to order any shirts since I’m afraid they are too thin, too boxy. Some heavier shirts do look good though.

That suit in end of the post looks good fitwise; comfy, casual and relaxed. I know a member here in StyFo who has a beautiful and substantial tweed sportcoat with regular jacket pockets, like let’s say harrington jacket pockets. It looks really good on otherwise normal SC. That Uniqlo u suit doesn’t have a chest pocket at all, and they could go even further ?
I've got a couple of oxfords and broadcloths from them from the past 4 years and they're alright for the price. Just be selective, some do improve but some downgrade season per season, best to check and judge them in person. Most are a bit thin, but not the bad kind, I believe. Just always use a laundry net or hand wash gently to keep them in good condition. I like the U broadcloths from FW19 and SS20 even if they are thin, fabric improved a long way from the initial (yes, cheap) quality of initial U seasons - although I do miss the articulated armhole details. If you're on the fence, you can always wait for sale and price cuts so not much of an investment to try. ;)

The U suit in polyester does have chest pocket, but it would've been nice on the wool blend jersey as well.
jpgoods_431345_sub8.jpg

Also, the same bd oxford in dark grey
goods_08_430876.jpg

WayneLyndon

Reaction score
That collar looks so good (I’m a fella bit on the heavier side so I gain from a larger collar) I may have to try it. Uniqlos shirts look good since they offer color palette and patterns different than usual, sometimes boring officewhites and -blues.

The suit I was talking about is on the last page, bottom. It seems it doesn’t have chest pocket of any kind which I think is okay, it eliminates that pocket square conversation totally.

taduuu

Reaction score
My shopping list:

Half coat in offwhite
Recycled ultra down coat in brown
Wool blend jersey suit in grey
Cords in dark brown. Standard ones. Wide fitted look a bit too wide even though I like wide fitting pants.
Stand collar corduroy shirt. Color not sure
Ocbd. Color not sure.

I also prefer heavier bd collars so I might like this. Suits look very gooood!

Last edited:

loopdeloop

Reaction score
I picked up the fatigues. Mixed feelings. The material is nice with a dusty-sheen sort of finish. Colour is good (i got the navy). Pocket placement is good. There is a subtle elastic tie on the inside which creates quite a nice 'bunching' at the back of the trouser (although i don't need to use it, these come up on the small side). I'm less into the fit. Unfortunately they are pretty much straight all the way down with the hem (which is a chunky one) as wide as the thigh. They look better with a turn-up / resting on shoes, but if they had a slightly longer rise and a roomier top block i'd be so much more into them. I might try sizing up but dunno how well that would work tbh. They might work for you though.

Some of that U stuff does look nice, but it always does (mostly...) at the stage. Not sure it's my thing but the cord blouson looks a nice shape, as does the recycled down jacket (although i'd rather an oversized puffer). The low gauge crew neck looks cosy... but such a shame it's 40% acrylic. U did chunky 100% wool knits in a similar shape several years ago and they've held up really well. Both the wide and regular cords look like they could be worth a go. Not really interested in the smarter stuff this season... just want the comfy.

WayneLyndon

Reaction score
Nice, thanks for commenting the fatigues! Like I wrote earlier I’m but larger guy (usually XL in Uniqlo) and was a bit hesitant as the fatigues looked like very straight down fit. For many they can look good on but I have to be bit more careful with the fit. I also need a lot of room for back and thighs. Thanks again!

fatsu

Reaction score
The wide cords look pretty good if you can get the size right with no break!

Also I want the mock neck shirt, but the sleeves look short (even with the dropped shoulder) which is unusual for the U line...

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anyone managed to have uniqlo's customer service respond to their emails? been like two weeks and i haven't heard a peep.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Trying out the Suede Chukka Boots, decent suede on the shoe and pretty light because of the EVA sole. A lot like Clarks but with more holes for a better fit on. I would suggest you try in person but generally TTS. In my case, the sand beige fit smaller than the dark brown for some reason. Let's see how it goes with regular use.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics