• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd much rather pay a little more for decent quality than filling my closet with disposable "designer" trash. The problem is there is very little middle ground. Either you have fast-fashionesque pricing/quality, or really expensive artisanal ****.

Yerp, agreed. That being said though, I've worn the crap out of my Uniqlo U pieces and they have held up well.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Thinking about it, the Uniqlo U FW20 campaign with the models walking past each other as if walking the street feels timely in this period of social distancing. Like a longing for the days when everyone can still move as freely...

Here's to hoping the +J collection can still maintain the same kind of higher quality from before that people loved even if they may use different fabrics or factories now. But in the issues of quality, it can't be helped that some quality is compromised on certain pieces to keep with the price points that Uniqlo tries to maintain. Although, I believe that it isn't too much to ask for better pieces even if it means paying for a little more, especially for us who've always believed in the quality they have while having low prices.

To be fair, while some pieces downgrade in quality, a lot of pieces do improve, too. For the most part, they might still be one of the better choices versus fast fashion brands whose items just turn into crap with after one wash. Every season, there's a lot of gems as much as a lot of misses for me - but somehow though, we learn, and it helps to build the criteria for the kind of quality we want in the purchases we make. Agree, too, that not all designer collabs equate to better quality. For example, I've complained about quality issues with some JWA collab pieces in the past (although, there are good ones as well this past season). I've gotten so much value from the U line as with most pieces being hits for me (most improved would be the recent broadcloth shirting, at least for its price), but acknowledging a lot of misses as well (like how some of the denim is getting thinner, or the knits with acrylic are just **** that I let them go already).

Another factor is also how these clothes are taken care of as well. I used to just toss them in the wash without looking at care instructions, but realised in the past years how important it is to take note of them, which results to a lot of pieces that still look new to this day even if I had them for more than a few years already.

Last edited:

NYLON

Reaction score
^ I handwash most of my stuff. Beaters go into the regular wash. It's hard to grasp that idea at first...but it became a norm and habit eventually. The process is almost therapeutic too.

On the same note for UU FW20 is this the first time they have selvedge jeans under the U line? ?

taduuu

Reaction score

cafedandy

Reaction score
^ I handwash most of my stuff. Beaters go into the regular wash. It's hard to grasp that idea at first...but it became a norm and habit eventually. The process is almost therapeutic too.

On the same note for UU FW20 is this the first time they have selvedge jeans under the U line? ?

Same! Especially for items that have been lightly used, or I didn't sweat as much using it. The gentle cycle with a laundry net helps, too. Anything lyocell/rayon should ideally have a laundry net so the luster doesn't become rough. And anything with zippers must be zipped up to avoid any scratches with other fabrics. As much as possible, just spin dry cycle to squeeze out excess water, then hang to air dry so as to avoid shrinkages.

For the UU FW20 selvedge, it was released earlier in Korea. I asked the IG account whom I follow (@jaesungxlee) about his thoughts, and he said it's pretty good with a Regular fit tapered cut.

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 10.11.49 PM.png

WayneLyndon

Reaction score
Wow. Can you read the text is it really suede-leather or something syntetic material?

crxcr

Reaction score
Item number 429689
Even if this product is the same product, the product number written on the tag may differ. Please note.
Material
Upper Material: Cow Leather / Bottom Material: Synthetic Bottom
Handling
-
-
・Sale date may differ from store.
・Please check the store inventory status of this product by clicking the "Search Store Inventory" button after sales start.

WayneLyndon

Reaction score
Any opinion of these fatigues? I have no previous experience of the trouser model but like that loose asian style (instead of that tight western). Could the fit be achieved with these? Pants seem to be quite straight, and compared to lets say those relaxed tapered fit jeans about year ago they seem to have less roomy hip. even on the model they look a bit too straight down, hem looks to be as wide as the thigh area.

What do you think? Too early 2000s or achievable japan?

grayfox

Reaction score
Any opinion of these fatigues? I have no previous experience of the trouser model but like that loose asian style (instead of that tight western). Could the fit be achieved with these? Pants seem to be quite straight, and compared to lets say those relaxed tapered fit jeans about year ago they seem to have less roomy hip. even on the model they look a bit too straight down, hem looks to be as wide as the thigh area.

What do you think? Too early 2000s or achievable japan?

I love a good straight leg fatigue, they're pretty versatile these days in terms of a workwear military look. These looks great design-wise with the reinforced back pockets.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yea those look really good. Was hoping someone here would report back on fit / fabric beofre I proxied them. They look a lot like the Orslow painter pants.

Lovemybed

Reaction score

A lot of this looks ridiculously good. I wonder when these items will be available in the States.

The only gripe I have with Uniqlo is by living in NYC, you see so many people with the same articles of clothing that you end up buying as well. Everyone wears Uniqlo :laugh:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads