• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Just tried them in-store earlier, I got the mustard one. Indeed fits almost the same as the U Airism Tee, in a slightly thinner soft touch brushed cotton fabric, but pretty comfy. Same material is in the Brushed Cotton Zipped Blouson which is quite interesting, too.

losangelesghoul

Reaction score
Just tried them in-store earlier, I got the mustard one. Indeed fits almost the same as the U Airism Tee, in a slightly thinner soft touch brushed cotton fabric, but pretty comfy. Same material is in the Brushed Cotton Zipped Blouson which is quite interesting, too.

I am very curious about the neckline. Is it actually high neck? There was a similar style in Women's Tees and they called it "crew neck" but it's actually mock neck and i really liked it.

cafedandy

Reaction score
I am very curious about the neckline. Is it actually high neck? There was a similar style in Women's Tees and they called it "crew neck" but it's actually mock neck and i really liked it.
It's close to the U Airism Tee with a higher neckline than most crew necks, I like it a lot!

loopdeloop

Reaction score
Does anyone do a long sleeve top similar to the Uniqlo U crew neck that isn't as heavy? I love the colours and the shape (boxy, dropped shoulder etc), but the thickness just feels incongruous to me. I feel so conflicted about what i'm wearing.

I know LA Apparel (what used to be AA) do a nice garment dyed long sleeve but i don't really want to order from the US.

In other news..., i wonder when these cords are appearing:

goods_429158_sub8.jpg

cafedandy

Reaction score
Does anyone do a long sleeve top similar to the Uniqlo U crew neck that isn't as heavy? I love the colours and the shape (boxy, dropped shoulder etc), but the thickness just feels incongruous to me. I feel so conflicted about what i'm wearing.

I know LA Apparel (what used to be AA) do a nice garment dyed long sleeve but i don't really want to order from the US.

In other news..., i wonder when these cords are appearing:

goods_429158_sub8.jpg
The U long sleeve crew necks have actually become a bit thinner from the current season, so you can still wear them even in warmer weather (I did). The cut, neckline for me is just perfect. I guess the closest you can have if you want thinner ones in Uniqlo have would be the Airism UV Cut Crew Neck long sleeve tees, just having a wider neck, and the color selection isn't as extensive at the moment.

The cords are part of the U 2020FW collection, quite wide.
0Cs.jpg

loopdeloop

Reaction score
Ah, okay, thanks. The cords look like they could be decent. Or at least a bit different to the every season wide pleated trouser etc. Hopefully the colour palette isn't just 'various shades of brown' again. That's getting a little boring.

I actually picked up the new version of the U long sleeve crew neck (i wonder why they're 5 quid more expensive?) but i still find them too heavy. I'm wanting something a bit more breezy and billow'y, but still with a bit of weight (at or under 6oz preferably). I'm not really into the Airism stuff unfortunately.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some mysterious heat this shacket is. In some product shots and also a solid brown verison. But not in any of the FW2020 shots. Looks awesome though. If it has a bit of weight to it I'm all over it.

1596313181531.png

cafedandy

Reaction score
Some mysterious heat this shacket is. In some product shots and also a solid brown verison. But not in any of the FW2020 shots. Looks awesome though. If it has a bit of weight to it I'm all over it.

View attachment 1434410
Saw that a lot in the previews! It might probably be jersey or fleece... Here the brown solid color:
goods_32_430227.jpg

Then there's the Uniqlo U version I saw from a Japanese blogger:
Link here but mostly featured the womenswear
Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 7.44.41 AM.png

Then a new version of the Washed Jersey Work Jacket with Raglan sleeves:
goods_57_428991.jpg

Then also, the Uniqlo U Corduroy stand collar shirt (and pants)
ユニクロユースタンドカラーシャツ.jpg ユニクロユースタンドカラーシャツ2.jpg
Not much into corduroy personally as it's too warm for me to wear but looks nice!

Hopefully the full U lineup reveals soon as Hana Tajima and Ines have been out already :)

Last edited:

redboat

Reaction score
It looks like the Uniqlo t-shirt cut has changed to a looser fit. Can anyone compare the new cut to the old?

Size S used to fit me pretty well, but these look different...Uniqlo t-shirts

Lovemybed

Reaction score

View attachment 1434410

When's this coming out? Looks amazing. Hoping it has some weight to it. Expected price? I hope it goes through a patented Uniqlo sale ?

loopdeloop

Reaction score
I wonder if that shacket will be similar to the speckled fleece overshirt from last year's U. It fits pretty big. Also reasonably weighty.

Has anyone tried the washed jersey work jacket? Tempted by the olive or navy.

I quite like cord tbh, especially the thicker whale stuff. That's also a nice orange (i'll be happy with anything that isn't the same shade of brown...)

losangelesghoul

Reaction score
I wonder if that shacket will be similar to the speckled fleece overshirt from last year's U. It fits pretty big. Also reasonably weighty.

Has anyone tried the washed jersey work jacket? Tempted by the olive or navy.

I quite like cord tbh, especially the thicker whale stuff. That's also a nice orange (i'll be happy with anything that isn't the same shade of brown...)

I bought the washed jersey jacket over the weekend in Navy together with the matching washed jersey pants that was on sale. I really like how it feels and it is light enough to wear over a t shirt on spring/summer and thick enough to wear over a turtleneck during autumn. Roomy too so if you don't like loose fit, i recommend size down.

The off-white color looks really good. I am tempted to get it if they have the pants version in stock.

NonChalant321

Reaction score
Anybody cop the Uniqlo x Theory airism polo? Feedback would be appreciated. I'm usually not a fan of zipper closures for polos, but on the fence.

tennessee

Reaction score
Anybody cop the Uniqlo x Theory airism polo? Feedback would be appreciated. I'm usually not a fan of zipper closures for polos, but on the fence.
I did. I like the polo overall as I have been on the hunt for a zip polo. The zipper does feel a bit cheap, but I would still recommend it. I’m just not expecting it to last as long as my other polos.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads