• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYLON

Reaction score
Take a general sweep / look instore yesterday and all the JWA stuff are on varying amounts of discount.

In the end i kop the cargo shorts and the linen modal blend shirts.
The off whitish chambray shirt came close but I decided to wait for a further markdown. :)
OH..and I got more JW socks :p ..they were like $1.50 each basically.

Wanted the active pants but there wasn't any in my size unfortunately.

Anyone started living in the drawing string pants yet? How do they measure up? They look big and I think i could do a sizing down.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Take a general sweep / look instore yesterday and all the JWA stuff are on varying amounts of discount.

In the end i kop the cargo shorts and the linen modal blend shirts.
The off whitish chambray shirt came close but I decided to wait for a further markdown. :)
OH..and I got more JW socks :p ..they were like $1.50 each basically.

Wanted the active pants but there wasn't any in my size unfortunately.

Anyone started living in the drawing string pants yet? How do they measure up? They look big and I think i could do a sizing down.
Again, I forgot to mention that I also did get the white chambray in the end, even if I was a bit concerned about some loose threads with the ones I fit.

I also did try the drawstring pants, it's a bit slim for me (since I have big thighs), it kinda fits like the active pants, but I did size up on that for better movement. Aside from the JWA drawstring, I'd highly recommend the U cotton linen pants again and the U womens parachute pants - really good, you can take your size in mens.

VJAYEYE

Reaction score
Anyone have any feedback on the oversized polo? Thanks in advance.

AlaninTally

Reaction score
Both I suppose
I’ve bought both in multiple colorways. The jersey version is similar to the last collab with Engineered Garments but not as heavy and with a true polo collar. It’s more oversized than the pique version and drapes better. The pique version is more boxy and heavier. I like both but feel the jersey version is best for warm weather and really gives that oversized look that I prefer. Pique is if you want a polo but not have it be tight but not so loose it gets into granddad golfer territory.

VJAYEYE

Reaction score
I’ve bought both in multiple colorways. The jersey version is similar to the last collab with Engineered Garments but not as heavy and with a true polo collar. It’s more oversized than the pique version and drapes better. The pique version is more boxy and heavier. I like both but feel the jersey version is best for warm weather and really gives that oversized look that I prefer. Pique is if you want a polo but not have it be tight but not so loose it gets into granddad golfer territory.
I like both indeed for the price point. Thanks for detailed response. Living in a warm place I guess I should go for the jersey polo

SnowKQ

Reaction score
Agree with the U Airism tees! Looking forward for the new colors coming for the next season. Another must kop for me would be the U Cotton Linen Wide Fit Pants. I just got all the colors and have been using them often - I like how they still look great even after a day's wear because they don't have much wrinkles like your regular linen pants.

As for JW Anderson, I am actually surprised by myself with the items I got after initially getting underwhelmed from my initial review post. I may have made an unfair judgment since I these are items I didn't try during that time.

My top three would be:

The Washed Cotton Work Jacket (in yellow, which I got with the matching cargo shorts. It's pretty light and if you look inside, you'll see the original unwashed camel color, would be interesting if they released an unwashed version, although this wash gives it some character).

View attachment 1418142

The Oxford Shirt (initially looks like any oxford shirt but I kind of like the asymmetrical detail stitch, and the oxford fabric feels better than the first JWA version with the plaid lining), and;

View attachment 1418144

The Extra Fine Broad Cloth Long Sleeve Shirt because of the wide fit and square hem, (the simple gauntlet detail is also nice and one of the nicer made shirts, this one was really popular in Japan and hyped by a lot of Japanese bloggers since they have this super oversized shirt trend). I recommend taking all TTS for these even if they might feel loose.

View attachment 1418143
View attachment 1418149

I also got to try the Jersey shirt, it's actually good, but didn't have the color in the size I want so I let it go. Then I also got the Active pants because of the details and the patterned Sweatshirt (that Jonathan also wore on his Soho store launch interview, it's a bit thinner than the U or mainline sweats) on deep discount.

View attachment 1418145
View attachment 1418147 View attachment 1418146

There's quite a lot of good items this season, even if at first they look so ordinary.
How would you style that kind of light brown jacket? I'm new to fashion so i can only think of mixing it with a white tee + jeans or blue tee + white pant

Last edited:

NYLON

Reaction score
How would you style that kind of light brown jacket? I'm new to fashion so i can only think of mixing it with a white tee + jeans or blue tee + white pant

Brown & earth tones seems to be on an arch lately. With a brown jacket, a muted pink and beige trousers and black sneakers can lift up your day. I'm sure there will be other viable options though!

cafedandy

Reaction score
It's quite a versatile color, I've actually combined it with various items, generally darker colors to contrast it, but Nylon's suggestion is indeed refreshing! Just have fun with it. :

NYLON

Reaction score
How are these season's U tee's?
Did they shrink after 2-3 washes? Might have to go up a size following feedback.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Uniqlo 2020FW press previews I saw on IG:
AAEA69BD-9417-4617-9E9D-FFE64456E6D1.jpeg
Menswear
2500180C-50E2-4808-B9B5-21D6F2C9F332.jpeg
Womenswear
E8D79E18-A521-4B9D-A033-E94E0BA616AC.jpeg
uniqlou-20aw-womenre_004-thumb-930xauto-1270959.jpg

Fleece blouson
Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 11.06.22 PM.png
Denim dress
uniqlou-20aw-womenre_002-thumb-930xauto-1270961.jpg
Wool blend fleece coat
uniqloumens_001-thumb-930xauto-1270098.jpg
Down jacket
uniqloumens_002-thumb-930xauto-1270097.jpg
Blocktech Trench Coat
uniqloumens_003-thumb-930xauto-1270095.jpg
Corduroy Blouson
uniqloumens_004-thumb-930xauto-1270096.jpg
Outerwear, Suit setups (I see beige), knits, etc
EBEC2737-6C1E-4FDD-987F-E7CDB0ED0AC5.jpeg

Genderless styling for JW Anderson
447901EE-6503-4FBE-ABBF-38463A0C7B63.jpeg

Also got the U Airism Tees in the new colors (mustard, light brown, gray) and they look good! Same new colors applied on the U L/S pocket tees, but the natural color is a nice one.

Last edited:

cafedandy

Reaction score
Close-up of the U Shoulder Bag in Matte Nylon + Webbing Strap
o1080108014787894738.jpg o1080108014787894740.jpg

Also U Mens (Merino?) Knit and White Jacket behind it.
o1080144014787894777.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads