• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of the navy military jersey shirt? Wondering how dark the navy actually is.

crxcr

Reaction score
what are your thoughts on their Gurkha shorts? I feel it's a tad long not quite sure how to wear or style it

Mishathebeer

Reaction score
Are the men airism uv protection long sleeved t-shirts the same material as the uniqlo u airism t-shirts
Love the fit and material on those tees

and what are you planning to cop from uniqlo x jwa
I like the dark blue chambray
Too bad there is a small logo on it
And i like the color block arms shirt in grey

cafedandy

Reaction score
Are the men airism uv protection long sleeved t-shirts the same material as the uniqlo u airism t-shirts
Love the fit and material on those tees

and what are you planning to cop from uniqlo x jwa
I like the dark blue chambray
Too bad there is a small logo on it
And i like the color block arms shirt in grey
The L/S Airism is thinner and have a wider crew neck than the U S/S which has a double face material and closer crew neck.

I could consider the chambray from JWA too if the material is good.
I always just buy the socks, too.

cafedandy

Reaction score
what are your thoughts on their Gurkha shorts? I feel it's a tad long not quite sure how to wear or style it
This blog post might help:

I considered the gurkha shorts before but it does feel quite wide and long... so I have yet to think about it. Although I do have the U SS18 pleated shorts that fit the same. Cuffing it once or twice might still be a good styling option.

Mishathebeer

Reaction score
000.png

this are the MEN EZY WIDE FIT CARGO JOGGERS right?

002.png

these are the regular ones and i dont see that detail in the eg ad?

cafedandy

Reaction score
Went to check out JWA SS20 as it launched where I am and tried out some stuff:

Chambray shirt
I initially liked it but wasn’t sure about how the collar seems to be floating on me. Maybe just me. Then the construction for me feels a bit poor than the Uniqlo mainline. So many loose threads on some pieces I tried on. First time to experience this at Uniqlo.
4D525009-7803-4B4D-A7AE-C4E709B9BFB6.jpeg 4F734B0C-B215-44BE-9DC6-6CDF78276CE8.jpeg

Broadcloth shirt
The cut felt interesting as it is relaxed and a square hem like a long shirt. But again the collar isn’t something I like, nor the fabric.
E22EA54F-6B17-471E-A93B-6A47A7538C21.jpeg

Pocketable jacket
Reminded me of his Loewe Eye jacket but this one’s pretty minimal. I kinda like it but just have no use for it.
81EBDF74-75EF-40A8-8EDB-8EE28CEC868D.jpeg

Work Jacket
The herringbone fabric’s a nice texture. The wash effect is more seen in the blue and brown.
051BD933-21D7-4D6C-B7EF-26368D480328.jpeg

Tailored jacket and pants setup
It’s basically a Kando jacket with JWA branding. The gray is decent, the black and navy have this horrible material that was weird. I wanted to like it but I feel like the Kando setups are better made, or if you’ll spend the same amount on 100% polyester, you’ll feel more like a million bucks with the U suit setup.
D95024BB-B8A2-4898-AE2D-18F6BAB3CA10.jpeg

General impression
It’s still a nice collection but one may appreciate it better if one’s a JWA fan. I just felt that the previous seasons are more interesting, like I did get some pieces from SS19 and some of FW19 were nice as well. But always my sentiment with the JWA collab is that majority of the pieces for me, even if I want to like them, the quality and build aren’t that great. Especially with the shirting, that even if I wanted to like so much, just has so many lopsided stitches and loose threads upon inspection, or the fabric just sucks. I feel you can have better ones with the Uniqlo mainline. Or again, feel like a million bucks with most U or mainline Uniqlo items.

After all this, I just got the socks. The only piece that never disappoints me every season.

Having said, I’d still urge you to check it out in store to see if anything interests you. Sorry if I may have been harsh on this review, but the pieces’ quality could’ve been better, really.

Mishathebeer

Reaction score
That dark blue chambray looks really good on you
I bought that one too but didnt recieve it yet
Is the mainline the same color?
Did you try the jwa relaxed trousers?

cafedandy

Reaction score
That dark blue chambray looks really good on you
I bought that one too but didnt recieve it yet
Is the mainline the same color?
Did you try the jwa relaxed trousers?
Thanks! You may have different thoughts on this when it arrives at your place, it’s not that bad but maybe I was just looking for a certain kind of chambray shirt and also particular about how collars are when I wear it. If anything, it’s pretty light and airy. The mainline has a similar color, but a different pocket style without the flaps. I haven’t tried the relaxed trousers, only the one that’s part of the setup.

I am curious about the straight denim jeans, though, as it hasn’t arrived yet, so maybe I’ll see how it is when it’s in store.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are heat tech longsleeves support to have short ass sleeves? They like 3/4 on me and I went true to size.

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
Washed jersey work jacket or UU military jersey shirt - which should I go for? I prefer the oversized cut of the UU line, but the washed colors seem nicer...

Is the work jacket the exact same cut as previous iterations? Older photos make it seem slimmer
i.e.

56_419959.jpg
goods_56_425079.jpg

Also, does anyone what pants these are?

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 9.11.42 PM.png

Last edited:

cafedandy

Reaction score
Washed jersey work jacket or UU military jersey shirt - which should I go for? I prefer the oversized cut of the UU line, but the washed colors seem nicer...

Is the work jacket the exact same cut as previous iterations? Older photos make it seem slimmer
i.e.

56_419959.jpg
goods_56_425079.jpg

Also, does anyone what pants these are?

View attachment 1356352
The U military jersey shirt is more of a drapey shirt and great for hot weather as it is thin and airy. The Washed Jersey Work Shirt is more of an outer layer, a bit thicker than U but still ok for warm weather. I think they fit only slightly larger and the cuffs have that curved stitch which looks nice than that earlier versions. It will depend on which one you imagine using as.

Try both!

Bostonfellow

Reaction score
Do the Uniqlo slippers run true to size? I was going to go to a store to try on the scuffs but stores are closed for now, so online purchase is required. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads