• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sid11111

Reaction score
Just came back from the store to try the U AIRISM COTTON CREW NECK and it is everything i hoped it would be! Soft, stretchy, but not thin at all. Very light but also structured. This is definitely the breakout star of the collection. The T-Shirt of the season. Don't sleep on this you guys.

Wearing size Medium on the pic. The 71 Purple is actually more like Lavender.
Did you size up or down?

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the U Airism on any of the online shops?

Edit: Oh yeah, US site.

I always size up cause i like my t shirt loose fitting. But if you like it to fit just right i'd recommend stay true to your size.

How tall are you? Online the model is supposed to be 1.86 and wearing an S, then it sounds like it runs pretty big.

Last edited:

losangelesghoul

Reaction score

How tall are you? Online the model is supposed to be 1.86 and wearing an S, then it sounds like it runs pretty big.

I'm 5 ft 9 and 135 lbs. If you check the size chart, it is pretty accurate. I sized up cause i like loose fitting tees in the summer.

grayfox

Reaction score
Picked up both the red and the brown pair relaxed wide fit lyocell pants. Was torn between S for a more normal fit or M for that wideness. Decided on the latter because in 2020 we're going wider than tall as silhouette, bless up. :fistbump:

Co-sign on the women's parachute pants being pretty cool. I'm usually around/just below an M in U men's trousers and only tried on the L, but I feel I definitely could/should go down to my equivalent size. Gonna keep an eye on them for sales. Same with the cotton linen suit. It's nice but I'm not in desperate need of it right now.

Short sleeve linen shirt had great colours in the rust and the pink but it's really freaking long in the body.
I'd love to see a fit pic of the lyocell pant, I'm thinking of picking up the brown

AlaninTally

Reaction score
So the first part of my Uniqlo U shipment arrived yesterday. Got the Cuban collar shirt in dark gray (S & M) and the jersey shorts in black (M). The jersey shorts were HUGE with a crotch almost like a harem pant. I was hoping more for a little bit of tailoring. The material is nice and an upgrade from the mainline jersey shorts. I like the wide silhouette but just couldn't handle the low crotch and the inseam going past the knees at the same time. The Cuban collar shirt I was looking forward to but disappointed. Something was just off...I think the crisp fabric was not a friend to the more relaxed fit. There just a small bit of difference between S & M with regards to shoulder fit and body width. The dark gray collar was a bit of a difficult shade...couldn't get it to look good with darker blacks or even olives.
Today the second part of my shipment comes in with Uniqlo U airism t-shirts..fingers crossed as I have loved this silhouette in previous seasons and looking forward to a less dense heavy fabric to wear in summer.

AlaninTally

Reaction score

I just noticed the Uniqlo website updated the model as wearing a size M...

tennessee

Reaction score
Disappointed to see the active shorts (formerly Active Utility Shorts) changed to nylon this year. The material last year was a smoother and more durable poly-cotton blend. These feel like Patagonia Baggies with a belt, which isn't a bad thing, just not as good as last year.

AlaninTally

Reaction score
Just came back from the store to try the U AIRISM COTTON CREW NECK and it is everything i hoped it would be! Soft, stretchy, but not thin at all. Very light but also structured. This is definitely the breakout star of the collection. The T-Shirt of the season. Don't sleep on this you guys.

Wearing size Medium on the pic. The 71 Purple is actually more like Lavender.
Couldn’t agree more, best item from U in terms of combining the foward look with Uniqlo tech... light but structured, smooth silky and cool to the touch. My absolute favorite tee in a long while.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The cotton blend does seem nice, may give it a try. I know people liked the thicker 100% cotton boxy UU tees but I found they did not have enough stretch in them.

AlaninTally

Reaction score
The cotton blend does seem nice, may give it a try. I know people liked the thicker 100% cotton boxy UU tees but I found they did not have enough stretch in them.
A few seasons back the UU tees were less rough and had more give, the newer versions are way more hefty but do age nicely after several washes.

***does anybody know if the wide-fit U tee (the one with pocket and drop tail) differ much from past seasons?

losangelesghoul

Reaction score
A few seasons back the UU tees were less rough and had more give, the newer versions are way more hefty but do age nicely after several washes.

***does anybody know if the wide-fit U tee (the one with pocket and drop tail) differ much from past seasons?

It's not as rough compared to last year. The surface is much smoother.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys recommend sizing down on the U sweatshirt? The non-hooded one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads