• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang I’d love a pale powder blue. My pale pink from SS18 Lemaire is one of my most worn items.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some thoughts on the items I received today:

- Military Jersey Shirt: material reminded me a lot of athletic apparel, top button placement is a bit odd for me when opened, fit is just slightly oversized, will keep just to see if the style works for me

- Dry Touch Crew Sweater: very dry hand, almost like a crispy rough linen, some interesting stitching details on cuff/hem, do not size down, TTS is standard, size up for somewhat slouchier fit

- Ribbed Crew Sweater: Similar to their pervious S/S ribbed knits, a little bigger sizing than the dry touch

- Cotton Linen Wide-Fit Pants: I could see how this would make a nice beater suit, sending this back but might rethink this and the jacket once they hit sales in all three colors, had a bit of a sheen to it, compared to the other black items this one almost seemed more like a dark charcoal

Overall wasnt blown away (although I do always like the fit on their sweaters), but you get what you pay for. Always a good opportunity to try new cuts/colors/styles on the cheap.

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought the denim work jacket was best thing I tried today. Feels very leisurely and lighter, fine details. Stitching, sharp wide lapels, boxy sleeves overall just really nice, I bought the faded blue might get the dark denim too. I sized down to a medium.

Hooded coat was nice, I hated the pullover sweatshirt it felt like I had a normal sweater but worn backwards. Striped shirts were nice again. Military shirt and jacket didn’t fit that well on me, medium felt to big and small just felt off I’m sure others it’ll fit better.

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thought the denim work jacket was best thing I tried today. Feels very leisurely and lighter, fine details. Stitching, sharp wide lapels, boxy sleeves overall just really nice, I bought the faded blue might get the dark denim too. I sized down to a medium.

Hooded coat was nice, I hated the pullover sweatshirt it felt like I had a normal sweater but worn backwards. Striped shirts were nice again. Military shirt and jacket didn’t fit that well on me, medium felt to big and small just felt off I’m sure others it’ll fit better.

@el Bert So the regular pulover hooded sweatshit has a high neckline or something? Maybe I'll drop it from my cart and add the mainline sweater.

cafedandy

Reaction score
@el Bert So the regular pulover hooded sweatshit has a high neckline or something? Maybe I'll drop it from my cart and add the mainline sweater.
In my fit experience, it’s a semi boat neck style which I personally find nice and different from usual, but it may not be so if you prefer a wider neck.

cafedandy

Reaction score
The UU jeans are not selvedge, correct?
No, they haven’t made one in selvedge, but all still from Kaihara. While some details are nice, this season’s jeans are just ok, I find the mainline Uniqlo jeans to be better, such as the Regular Fit Tapered if you’re looking for a good value pair.

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my fit experience, it’s a semi boat neck style which I personally find nice and different from usual, but it may not be so if you prefer a wider neck.

I like boat neck style too but the construction felt wonky at least on my body. The neckline puffed forward and the body was wide than slimmer towards the ribbing.

cafedandy

Reaction score
@hayaoyamaneko Polyester suiting is actually not that bad this time, not as stretchy as last season so feels like it has a bit more structure and with a finer weave. I still prefer the 18FW wool-poly twill version, though.

@MGoCrimson I wore the Military Jersey Shirt the whole day yesterday and it's pretty nice even with this material. I find that it doesn't crease as much and held up really well at the end of the day.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like boat neck style too but the construction felt wonky at least on my body. The neckline puffed forward and the body was wide than slimmer towards the ribbing.

Ah, **** good call bro. From the website "the collar has been made tighter around the front of the neck for a look that feels fresh and resembles vintage athletic sweats". I missed that. I got some muscle on my neck and that would drive me nuts, taking it out of my cart. Damn, the green color looked fire.

I'm not really feeling the longer ribbing at the bottom of their sweatshirts / hoodies and also couples with a tighter waist seam on them, might just sleep on those two actually. I got my mainline orange one I wear a lot, but mostly because the color is great.

Last edited:

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Just back from the shop.
i really don't like (personal preference) the new UU collection apart the "beater suit", nice cut.
I was surprised as it was a good fit (i'm 196-98cm tall). Took the jacket in XL, the trousers in L.
Black definitely the best color. Really good for the price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads