• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
U wide sweats in small are just too short on me (I'm 6'2) so I guess I'll stick with the Medium - a bit baggy but since it's terry I guess they'll shrink in the wash a bit. Getting a bit tired of the agressive cropping on pants everywhere, but I guess they can't please everyone.

NYLON

Reaction score
I saw the Wide tees in solid colors & the fat stripe counter parts. Gave them a feel and i made a mental note on the spot to get them absolutely (on discount if possible lol.)

cafedandy

Reaction score
Uniqlo U preview display in Uniqlo Ho Chi Minh City, was able to see the Military Jersey Shirt and Trucker Jacket up close. The Military Jersey Shirt is actually thin and drapey and doesn’t have a wash texture like their usual jersey material - which is good. Looking forward to this on launch day. The Trucker Jacket is similar to last season’s without the fleece lining, but material is softer.

AF742E21-3E9D-4D71-A591-839CCCAB48B0.jpeg 9C7C2432-4327-4446-B6C7-53373B439A14.jpeg B72FDCA2-6EDE-417A-A5BF-21A1CF77C751.jpeg D0B760D7-9733-4DB6-8E5A-03AA743FCF01.jpeg

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Posted an All Uniqlo look (shoes apart) : my last acquisition the Ripstop Workwear shirt (that looks like a military Fatigue shirt),
pre-heattech Tee (before heattech but already heat effect, was a bit thicker, really like it),
Uniqlo X JWAnderson Fatigue Chino.

loopdeloop

Reaction score
Picked up the cotton poplin regular collar shirt, the modal / cotton check shirt, the cotton / linen wide fit pants and the relaxed wide fit pants. Quite fancied a wide fit sweat (fit looked good in the photos) but the colours were a bit meh and sold out very quickly anyway. Tempted by the wide fit joggers and maybe the womens' denim jacket but will wait and see how i get on with these first...

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
Ordered the black linen suit and the check long sleeve shirt. Will post impressions when they arrive.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just took a look, may put in an order. Will look more closely tonight or over the weekend. I imagine things will get restocked.

true.to.size

Reaction score
Stopped by a Uniqlo today to check out U. Here is my experience with sizing. For reference, I am a S/IT46 on the lanky side.

Picked up a Poplin long sleeve shirt in S (more colors in store than online fyi, if you happen to be close), Cuban shirt in XS, and linen-cotton pants in S (which tbh, I might return. I picked up regular-line Uniqlo relaxed linen-cotton pants at the same time, and feel like I might get more use out of them).

Everything has a nice relaxed fit. I tried some long-sleeve shirts on in XS and they were awkward on me. I didn't try the cuban in S, as I don't like super oversized short-sleeve shirts typically.

Also tried on the dry touch crew neck in a S. If I were to get this, I probably would have sized up to a M. I wasn't sure about the fabric, though. Maybe if it goes on sale...

EDIT: photo (cuban in XS, with sleeves rolled once, and cotton-linen trousers is S)

instant summer
20200220_181824.jpg

Last edited:

cafedandy

Reaction score
Went yesterday for the U SS 2020 and got several pieces.
Below are some fit pics and some thoughts.

D785C988-4F18-4E7B-A5B9-6FE6F3AA5B88.jpeg

U Open Collar Linen Shirt
Fabric feels as their usual but really nice color, I don't wear linen as much because I'm not fond of how it creases, but this is refreshing for hot days. TTS is recommended for a relaxed fit.

063EBF4D-E91A-417C-9955-23EE3874DCEE.jpeg

U Cuban Collar Shirt
I like the details on this one, scaled down for a contemporary look (usually these have 3-4 pockets with embroidery). TTS is also relaxed for movement.

U Wide Fit Relaxed Pants
This cotton lyocell version I feel is the better version of last year's as it flows and drapes really well. It's casual but also feels a bit dressy. Went TTS and it is a bit loose as its meant to be. I recommend to hand wash these or gentle machine wash as with all lyocell/rayon material to keep their luster.

U Sandals
They're same as the past seasons. It's good if you want some clean, simple sandals.

7D35A519-349D-4BE1-BA76-EF0F8BA64772.jpeg

U Military Jersey Shirt
My favorite! I just had to buy all the colors. The jersey material falls like the drapy twill as its viscose-nylon. Fits TTS with a bit of relaxed feeling.

5DD5438F-23D2-4B5D-BD27-EAE43753335B.jpeg

U Middle Gauge V-Neck Cardigan
Another favorite as I like the compact cotton knit with a slight dry feel and drapes down nicely. Maybe one of the best cotton cardigans they made, but we've yet to see how it holds up also. Went a size up, and got the black as well.

422B5CBC-9137-43A9-B00E-DD80C6E214F8.jpeg

U Knit Polo
The deep orange color is really nice. I'm not much into polos but make exceptions for knit types. I liked this back when they released the S/S knit polo in 17SS, glad to see it as L/S/. Mainline Uniqlo has this style in merino wool but I feel that's too thin and fits too slim for me. Also, I'm not a fan of the plastic buttons, they should've just used the shell button ones in the supima polo on this one. TTS fits just right but can size up for a relaxed feel.

DBFC851B-1754-4BEC-88AF-F30684B0E124.jpeg

U Denim Stand Collar Shirt
I like the higher stand collar, but I do with they expanded the denim to other colors like the womens (who have 5!). I also just noticed that all the pockets don't have the usual stitches on the upper part which makes it look clean. Fits TTS.

CB0A9D6B-1FF0-44CF-A9CF-B09B37A2FD2E.jpeg CE7F37E1-E42F-4673-A0E3-387000570752.jpeg

U Dry Touch Summer Crew Neck
Surprised with how I can really use this in tropical, hot, humid weather. It's pretty breathable and thin. The knit details makes it more interesting as well. Maybe my favorite combination with the Relaxed Pants!

I also got the U Denim Work Jacket in Indigo which is actually pretty nice as well. It's material is same as the past denim jackets in 10z denim.

79EDD6C3-3F30-46F2-BC7D-42A92ECE12E9.jpeg

Also, The 2 Way Tote Bag, which is same material as the blocktech bags they've released. Overall it's a nice bag, a bit roomy and can fit a lot, but maybe not something you use for heavy stuff. I actually used this to put in all the U pieces I bought and it fit! The backpack straps also have a small pocket on the lower part of both sides so you can hide a bit of the protruding ones when you mainly use it as a tote. But I think they could improve on this one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads