• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

taduuu

Reaction score
If the military shirt is made of a jersey fabric, I’ll pass on that. I’d rather get the mainline one in the ripstop cotton poplin fabric.
What mainline shirt? I cant find it online.

loopdeloop

Reaction score
A bit disappointing if i'm being honest. Fed up with what feels like the same colour palette with small adjustments each season. They really love those brown / camel shades. I just wish they approached other colours with the same subtlety - when we do get blues and greens they're often a bit meh.

Might try the wide fit sweat and some of those elasticated wide fit pants but that's it.

losangelesghoul

Reaction score
I wish that Trench Coat is just a classic cotton trench. So tired of Lemaire employing blocktech in his coats.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Compared to past seasons, this one feels a bit minimal and indeed just a remix/revisit of the line's classic and familiar favorites, which is still something to like. I do appreciate some of the small changes and the smoky/calm color palette, but agree that it can evolve more. What it all comes down to is how the pieces will be like in person, how the fabric's quality and fit will be. Some items look meh but are nice in person, or nice in photos but meh in person. We shall see on launch day. :)

I do miss the lyocell and milano rib items which were usually present in past seasons, not to mention, also the ULD. They really could've added more to the denim shirting for men (I actually tried on the womens denim shirt and can pass for men since it's modeled after a mens shirt, albeit a bit loose). I also wish they'd have some interesting prints in the future.

Womens line is always more adventurous, so might be worth checking out also if it fits (like the shirt jacket sans the belt and some coats and yes, pants).

Hunting Jacket is big gas. Getting that for sure.
Looks like it's a twill shirt jacket material, might be getting it, too :)

I wish that Trench Coat is just a classic cotton trench. So tired of Lemaire employing blocktech in his coats.

Same thoughts on this also. The blocktech coating has improved over the season but we really don't need another blocktech coat.

cafedandy

Reaction score
The Trucker jacket looks nice. The Hunting jacket looks interesting as well, but I want to see the fabric in person. It looks like a synthetic poly/nylon material. The Denim Work jacket looks good and looks like it has side entry pockets.

The knitted Dry sweater has an interesting weave at the cuffs and ribbing. The Cuban shirt isn’t really my style, but the reverse pleat detail looks nice. If the military shirt is made of a jersey fabric, I’ll pass on that. I’d rather get the mainline one in the ripstop cotton poplin fabric.
Saw the details on the Japanese site on the Hunting jacket, it's 56-44 lyocell-cotton blend, I think like the FW18 work shirts having that gloss feel. The military shirt is indeed jersey in rayon-nylon blend. The texture is interesting, will see how it will be in person.

Phrost

Reaction score
Yeah the men’s collection does look a little boring with the limited muted pastel colors, but there’s some interesting pieces. The front patch work pants look interesting too. Has the UU line put out a version of OG-107 fatigue pants?

I noticed one of the signature details in the UU line is the curved symmetrical vertical stitching along the placket of his jackets. Does Lemaire do that with his own line?

Last edited:

cafedandy

Reaction score
Yeah the men’s collection does look a little boring with the limited muted pastel colors, but there’s some interesting pieces. The front patch work pants look interesting too. Has the UU line put out a version of OG-107 fatigue pants?

I noticed one of the signature details in the UU line is the curved symmetrical vertical stitching along the placket of his jackets. Does Lemaire do that with his own line?
I think they put out a similar design as the Baker Pants of 19SS.

Apart from that, there's actually a lot of Lemaire's details in his own line that he applies on U, to name a few would be the low pockets on shirts, the slanted pockets on pants, the corozo nut style buttons (but I think it's plastic for U), the marled color fabric on some pieces, wider lapels, the cut of the pants, even the approximation of the fabrics he uses for his own line they try to achieve in Uniqlo fabrics.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MelonSnapple

Reaction score
just copped the jw Anderson HeatTech pants in size L and they’re too small. Anyone have an xl pair they’d trade me. Also copped the pocket sweater w/ the elbow pads.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Bought today an 'oversized work shirt' from the new collection that seems to be a perfect repro of an OG-107 Fatigue shirt. Really nice Cotton Ripstop, i chose an olive one, but might get some other colors too. In my case the XL don't seem oversized, rather TTS.

Uniqlo Work shirt.JPG

tennessee

Reaction score
Bought today an 'oversized work shirt' from the new collection that seems to be a perfect repro of an OG-107 Fatigue shirt. Really nice Cotton Ripstop, i chose an olive one, but might get some other colors too. In my case the XL don't seem oversized, rather TTS.

View attachment 1325414
I was eyeing this online. The shoulder and chest measurements certainly look oversized. Do you think they are inaccurate?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads