1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

I tried some on over the summer, found them to be super itchy

2. jet

jet Senior member

Well ya that is lambswool and I actually like that but anything else out of the ordinary like fit off or something else I wouldn't be able to tell by looking at it online?

Description sounds nice, it has a taped placket on the reverse.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  3. bapelolol

bapelolol Senior member

They have tons of +J stock left. Prices are in euros though

4. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I've not had the lambswool cardigans but the sweaters were fine (at least last season's were). I'm hoping thet'll re-introduce the Merino/Cashmere blends they did - those cardi's were really nice at a good price.

5. IDH

IDH Senior member

Just bumping this - I've had one guy contact me, but unfortunatly they are not from within the E.U. This will meen I have to pay import tax etc.

I'm sure there must be some guys in the UK or within Europe who offer this service - And I'm worried that the +J lines will go out of stock everywhere if I don't buy soon.

IDH

6. AlohaMaui

AlohaMaui Member

The Premium Down coats are really warm.
    Have one from last season.
    It contains "down feathers" and over time, some of those little white down feathers may leak out of the coat.
    That's a downside of those coats.

7. softprac

softprac Member

Saw it at the 34th street store on monday. Was looking for this jacket too but I ended up getting the reversible down jacket. FWIW I'm 5'8 155lbs and the small fits great on me.

8. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Senior member

Aaaand, I take it back. I chose it over the regular double-breasted trench when I went to the flagship today. The beige is greyish, the leather on the buckle is a dark cordovan, and the oversized collar looks nice popped, especially because it is lined with felt underneath. I thought the huge collar and lapels(?) looked goofy, but when you wear it, you realize it really helps with proportions, both of the jacket (draws attention from all the fabric of a long jacket) and your body (makes your head look not so big).
    My only complaint is the pockets. I realize it's part of what makes it a fashionable piece, but I'd prefer the slanted ones you'd find on any other trenchcoat.

The wool blends are different. The peacoat and duffle coat are wool and some polyester, which supposedly makes it more durable. The +E coats are a wool/cashmere blend, which is softer and more luxurious. I don't know how cold it gets where you are, but all of them will be pretty warm.
    All the coats you listed will suit what you're talking about. I don't know what the rest of your wardrobe is like, so it's hard to make a solid recommendation. For fit, just compare the measurements of the peacoat to the others on the UK site.
    Which one do you like more?

It fits like all the other regular line stuff this season - sort of slim, but tagged a size bigger. I sized down (5'10/145lbs, wear a US small in the lambswool stuff).
    Yes, placket is taped on the reverse, unlike some other brands' cardigans. The texture become a non-issue with a long-sleeved shirt underneath it. It's thicker than the merino and cashmere knits, though. They're pretty cheap, so they're worth a shot.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  9. Matt44

Matt44 Senior member

About the lambswool cardigans -- are they on sale right now? If so, anyone know the price? I'm going by the UK site since the US site has limited info on current inventory (what's with that anyway?)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  10. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

11. Lel

Lel Senior member

What's the Uniqlo Japanese sizing equivalent? I have a relative travelling to Japan soon, going to have them pick me up a couple shirts. I take an XS in anything US/UK, what should I aim for in Japanese sizing, Medium?

5"9 130lb.

12. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

13. beowolf

beowolf Senior member

I will be going to NYC on the 29th, what are my chances of getting heattech thermals? They always seem to sell out fast.

14. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

still want that blouson in xs ; ;

15. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

^ I have the Navy Blouson in XS. My go-to jacket next to my EG Bedford.

Or when I'm feeling cold, I layer both.

16. butaro

butaro Member

Translation of Japanese site above^

Nov 19,20,21st "Thanks" sale (62 years since Uniqlo started)

First 100 people to line up at stores get bread and milk (19th)

On top of that, the first 300 people buying 3000 yen worth of merchandise on the 19th get a free fleece blanket.
    The online store will offer a similar deal, spend 5000 yen and have a chance by lottery(3000 winners) to get a free fleece blanket.

Uniqlo Check In, Check-in, people who chekc in from the 16th to 21st will have a chance to get coupons.

After that it is just showing whats on sale....

17. Red Herringbone

Red Herringbone Member

Beowolf, since Uniqlo opened its two new locations, I doubt the Heat Tech with run out when you arrive (you never know with Black Friday). The 54th street flagship has a large wall dedicated to Heat Tech, so I'm sure there will be plenty to go around.

Matt44, I did not look at LW cardigans, but lambswool sweaters were on sale (I'd assume it would run through the whole lambswool collection). The US site has never been current with the inventory. Two me it seems like the update the merchandise 6 times a year. It's just as bad, if not a smidgen better, as when they first launched the Uhttp://www.styleforum.net/t/24752/the-uniqlo-thread/1900_100#S website.

18. noobedloser

noobedloser Senior member

who are some cheap, reliable uniqlo proxies?

19. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

lol @ free milk and bread

20. worakl

worakl Senior member

Has there been any word on the Undercover collab?