1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Manchego

Manchego Active Member

what are the measurements for this in sz m?

2. jet

jet Senior member

ah fuck didn't realize it was all cashmere don't want to drop that many chips on that

3. jet

jet Senior member

^you can't advertise your service here homeboy

4. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

nor should anyone proxy w/ a total unknown when there are several well-regarded proxies on this forum.

5. jet

jet Senior member

Thanks for that willy, also looking at the wine one if both hit sale whatch you think about that color in person? Looks pretty dark on the site would prefer a shade or two lighter.

1 person likes this.
  6. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Senior member

I remember it being dark, but not that dark. I'm headed back today, so I'll take another look; it's a piece I've had an eye on, too.
    All of +J are on sale until the 20th. The cashmere cardis specifically are 20% off.

7. jet

jet Senior member

THanks brosef, good to know too bad 20 off ain't much. These are made in china right?

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

how do EFM sweaters fit?

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Think I need a XS on this +J knit shawl collard jacket, even though I'm 5'8 164lbs. Feels big in the shoulders chest and length. I need to eat more too...

Anyways, i posted it on marketplace.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  10. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Senior member

Went to the Seoul flagship again today. I was told that the store's remaining +J stock was on the rack, none in the back.
    Picked up a purple cashmere cardigan, two +J shirts (white, blue checks), 2 Heattech shirts, and light down puffers for my parents.
    The purchase I was happiest with though was a grey wool Chesterfield. The wool is soft and light and the cut is good, even though it's from the regular line.
    All on sale.

Yes, China.
    The wine one isn't as dark as shown on the online store (on my Macbook w/ max brightness). It's still dark, though. Maybe a shade lighter, but not two.

Go with the US small. (Korean medium)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  11. IDH

IDH Senior member

.Impulsv - could you upload a picture of the chesterfield please?

Also, in general, how is the quality of the normal line coats? I like the look of the double breasted trench coat, chesterfield and the duffle - but they dont have my size in the +J line (XS/S)

12. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

I really liked the wine one when I saw in person, it's more of a burgundy actually and is a pretty similar color the Jil tneck Kelv bought me from fw09. Nice, will probably kopp if it makes it to sale time. Wasn't so sold on the green to be honest, looked a bit flat in comparison to the burgundy by my eye. Dunno, maybe I just wasn't looking at the green too hard.

13. jet

jet Senior member

14. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

^When did start to like uniqlo beside their white Ts?

Yes, the wine and the green are both really nice. I will pick them up when they go on sales. I'm definitely going darker this F/W, not all black everything but muted colors.

15. jet

jet Senior member

I first proxied some uniqlo basics with darkanimal? I think it was back in 06 and I bought some shit in 07 when I was in NY. The only reason I'm picking up these cardigans is as beaters for work, may just pickup non J stuff I don't know yet.

I never post in this thread unless something catches my eye like the flannels. I buy uniqlo when I can't find the best iteration of something that I'm completely happy with, like flannels.

Iz dat coo wit u?

16. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

I don't know where i'm going to shop now that +J is over lol. The only non +J stuffs I buy are the socks/heat techs, everything else kind of suck.

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

18. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

anyone try out or have the +J half coat? just wondering how it handles the cold.

19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

anyone got leg opening measurements on a size 32 or 33 S001?

20. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Senior member

Is it true that the US/Euro sizes are a little longer in length than their equivalent Asian sizes?

http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/069167
    It's this one, in charcoal. I sized down one (usually 38/M, bought Korean medium / US small), but I find that's the case with most of the non+J stuff this season. It was also 25% off this weekend for the grand opening.
    The +E cash/wool blend coats are very soft and light. I didn't try on the regular wool stuff (duffle, peacoat), but by what I saw, it looks like the wool on any other coat in the same price range. I'm not a good judge of trench coats, but someone earlier in the thread mentioned that he thought they were very nice; 100% cotton, with a removable liner. Again, they all probably run large too, so you might want to size down.