The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

So, random question: any idea how often Uniqlo restocks on their cheap oxfords? I could really use some cheap beater work shirts.

2. delakingois

delakingois Senior member

Going on a shopping-trip later this fall and opting between London and Paris. Since Uniqlo is one of the main targets for the trip, I'm wondering if there's any significant difference between the two cities? I mean, London have about 10x more stores, but do the Paris ones get the good stuff too?

3. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

I'm pretty sure every store gets the same stuff, just some stores might get it later/earlier than others. The +J stuff are only sold at flagship stores though.

4. aussy

aussy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

some excellent items popping up on uniqlos online store in the uk now. This looks like a copy of the wings + horns hoodies, judging by the 2 way zip, pocket, cuff and hem designs as well as the look of the fabric. This is £25 and the W+H are going to cost me at least £85 including delivery from canada and thats on sale from last seasons collection. At this price i can afford to wear the shit out of them and chuck them away.

I tried this hoodie out in grey just yesterday. Great fit (for me at least) and very nice quality/sturdy construction for the price.

5. Ivana Trump

Ivana Trump New Member

God, I can't wait to go to NYC in November to pick up some threads from this place. I need some oxfords and trousers.

6. supermidget

supermidget Senior member

[​IMG]

some excellent items popping up on uniqlos online store in the uk now. This looks like a copy of the wings + horns hoodies, judging by the 2 way zip, pocket, cuff and hem designs as well as the look of the fabric. This is £25 and the W+H are going to cost me at least £85 including delivery from canada and thats on sale from last seasons collection. At this price i can afford to wear the shit out of them and chuck them away.

will have to look in the nyc store for this..

7. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

I got the crewneck version of this sweater in all black for $20...seriously, you can't beat that.

8. aussy

aussy Well-Known Member

will have to look in the nyc store for this..
    found it on the top floor, near the jeans and thick socks again, was the grey one, might have had the blue there too though they also had another grey one, albeit thinner/lighter on the ground floor I didn't have much time to shop that day, so sorry I can't help you more [​IMG]

9. wangvicous

wangvicous Senior member

found it on the top floor, near the jeans and thick socks
    again, was the grey one, might have had the blue there too though
    they also had another grey one, albeit thinner/lighter on the ground floor

I didn't have much time to shop that day, so sorry I can't help you more [​IMG]

I went Saturday and they had the blue straight from the stairs on the left.

10. Timmbo

Timmbo Senior member

found it on the top floor, near the jeans and thick socks
    again, was the grey one, might have had the blue there too though
    they also had another grey one, albeit thinner/lighter on the ground floor

I didn't have much time to shop that day, so sorry I can't help you more [​IMG]

was in Hong Kong about 2 weeks ago, had a red version as well that my gf copped for herself. Are these being trickle released or something...? I bought a coated cloth jacket, no sign of it on the Uniqlo UK site yet.

11. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

I had similar W+H hoodie clone but I lost it in Greece... [​IMG]

12. Riio

Riio Senior member

thinking of ordering some shirts over the phone; i only have a flannel from uniqlo but i had to size down and even then it fit better after a hot wash. do you guys size down on the oxfords too?

13. APK

APK Senior member

The standard oxfords are pretty blousy. I usually take a medium and while it fits perfectly in the shoulders and well in the chest, there's a ton of extra fabric south of the chest. Size down if it's not going to mess with the shoulders, otherwise, be prepped to tailor.

14. JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper Senior member

The +J fall collection was such a disappointment. All of the nice coats were for women's and the menswear were just different variations of down jacket.

Oh wells, onwards to LanvinxHM

15. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

ive bought the hoodie pictured above, and its really nice. well cut, lovely fleecey feel, quality zippers. You really cant beat them at the price- no poitn paying for W + H.