1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

There's some new short sleeve linen/cotton Ts with a searsucker like texture online now for $19. Don't look too bad. I'm still unsure if I should stick with just plain Ts from Uniqlo and spend a bit more on button downs from other brands, but for $19 its hard to argue..

2. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

Link?

3. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Don't see them anymore on the site, but picked up the Blochtech joggers a few months ago and have worn them out to temperatures dipping down to the 20s and my legs were drenched in sweat both times upon arriving home. If you can still get them, I wholeheartedly recommend these for active pursuits outdoors. They are a nylon material with a fleece lining.

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I don't go outside if it's under 30*.

5. jet

jet Senior member

I cringe at uniqlo tees unless they're oversized supima cotton, everything is feels like sandpaper and fits like saran wrap.

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea, I kinda do agree. I have size up Supimas which are my go to for summer and I like the soft touch longsleeves. Everything I've tried lately, the styling is there but it's lacking in the material so I end up sending it back (military jacket, bomber, flight jacket). This weekend I came across at a thrift store some Uniqlo selvedge MIJ from their UJ line years ago, the denim felt like something from Iron Heart it was very thick and had good details.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  7. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

This may seem obvious but it seems to me that there are really just a few main points here causing all these issues/questions.

1. What you see is not what you get - the sizing/cuts and the fabrics are hard to tell from the site. I've been to stores and seen an item in person that was a totally different fit/size than expected and since Uniqlo plays with some unusual fabric, items that looked fine on the site turn out to be terrible in person.
    2. Logistics need work - between different versions of the site having different merchandise, different seasons of the same items listed at once, sizes being stocked out or available to order but then cancelled, and finally, a terrible post purchase customer service experience between lack of response and refunds being a pain, it's no wonder there are issues.

I love uniqlo, and I know not everyone can just get to a physical location, but I keep reading this thread and most of these issues would be avoided if you could actually just make it to a store once or twice a year.

I bet if uniqlo quit messing around with weird sizing and new fabrics and standardized everything (plus got their websites all synchronized) then buying online would be a lot better as an experience. As of now, even as a someone who's been to the store a few times, I still don't trust ordering from them because in person I've seen how many different versions of the same item there are and how deceptive the online pictures and sizing are.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  8. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

They are allright, I got a few last year and they are not that thin. Fwiw my beige somehow turned pink after first wash so I threw it out. Dunno how that happened.

10. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have one in that faded denim color (64 blue). I love the color, but I think they are pretty thin, almost disposable. I caught the pocket on something the other day and it tore where the pocket attaches pretty easily, and I've only worn the shirt 4 or 5 times. I was going to buy another couple anyway - they're so cheap, and I love linen shirts for summer.

11. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

I also have three or four of them and they are pretty lightweight, The white one I have is pretty see through.

12. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

Are the arms still extremely slim? I tried one on a few years ago and I could barely bend my arms

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Anyone can compare uniqlo supima ts vs grana vs everlane?

14. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

I got a pair of colored skinny denim in navy this week and I've been very pleasantly surprised. Lean cut (went TTS) but comfy and the rise is just about long enough, where the other skinny denim of theirs I've tried are just too short for me. Gonna try the black and khaki, I could see these being good beaters for work, at the very least. Quick fit:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

What's the rise? I need like a 10.75-11+" rise, prob too low rise for myself.

16. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

Yeah these aren't gonna work for you. The miracle air ones are supposed to have a higher rise, but I'm not a fan of the fabric

17. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

The Navy pair is the one that caught my eye online and I had to visit a store to try them on. I was surprised they fit so excellent I ended up getting the burgundy and red pair (it's more like a dark brick color) as well. Great jeans the low rise isn't too bad. Another great pair of pants is the chino ultra stretch 67 blue. Great fit great color. :D

18. PeteyPajamapant

PeteyPajamapant Member

Yeah I had the same problem. Sized up to large, and still couldn't bend my arms.

I'll probably try this year's version soon and report back.

19. mrballs

mrballs Well-Known Member

Just a quick shoutout for Uniqlo U fans looking for a proxy for sold out selections. Uniqlo Singapore having a pretty big sale on all Uniqlo U items and pretty much everything is in stock.

http://www.uniqlo.com/sg/store/men/collections/uniqlo-u.html

Just to clarify, I cant do proxies for Canada folks.. sorry about that.