1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. jet

jet Senior member

Pretty disappointed at color palate and lack of interesting shirts.

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Everything from what I've tried is cut fuller but not anti-fit. I don't even know what anti-fit means in fashion. Lemaire to me is tailored garments with a fuller fit and helps accentuate length together with volume. So for those still stuck with the slim fit or SLP look, it will be a transition definitely.

Best UU garment from last season is the sweatpants. This flew under the radar I feel but really captures the tailored and full cut pants. Hidden drawstrings, zipper front, thick warm fabric, straight hem with no nonsense banded ankle cuffs. It is quite slick with boots and a large coat wrapped up in the winter. I picked it up in white which really fills that hole in the wardrobe well.

3. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

Have the boatneck shirts been around for more than one season? Would love to get some if they do come back.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

The relaxed ankle pants slim in front rise? I want to get a pair of sweatpants for grad school for my long classeclasses. But maybe these would be better. ..

5. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Thanks. I should try em out. Wish they came in a dark color.

Side note, say what you will about drop In quality over the supima short sleeves. But I rebuilt my suspension of my wagon on gravel, was a good four days of wrenching and neither have a hole in them.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  7. hayaoyamaneko

hayaoyamaneko Senior member

if anyone knows where I can get the black seersucker blazer in medium from the Lemaire/Uniqlo SS16 collection, let me know, regret not taking a closer look at that collection. been watching ebay/grailed without any luck.
    the seersucker jackets in the upcoming U collection don't have the same details

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  8. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

any experience with the relaxed tees post wash? they were a little too rough for me.

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

They stay rough and shrink little in length.

10. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

thanks, that's unfortunate.

11. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior member

Does Uniqlo still non slim fit OCBDs in stores? Their website just lists slim fit.

12. Mrlol

Mrlol Senior member

there merino wool and cashmere pullovers, do they shrink over time or no? i got m now and this fits me perfect out of box

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Military shirt isn't too bad. I'll be keeping mine. It's light enough for the coming spring. Maybe buy a blue one if they go on sale. The green is much like the orslow military shirt.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  14. CityMap

CityMap Senior member

[​IMG]

The new Airisms are out in Japan, so I stopped by my local Uniqlo to check it out.
    These ones are the new seamless ones.

quite honestly they look cheap. The edges are not clean and look like they were cut by scissors

2 people like this.
  15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I wish they just made a regular fit t with the airism fabric. Its hot as hell in the summer and airism look like a base layer on me.

1 person likes this.
  16. max_r

max_r Senior member

What is the airism fabric like? I've always just dismissed them on account of it being poly/spandex. Just assumed they would be like exercise shirts.

17. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

The boxer briefs are so good, I threw out all my other brands and copped 20 pairs of Airism.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    3 people like this.
  18. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

I wear airism tshirts sometimes in the summer but it doesn't feel like it would be very breathable as boxer briefs? :crazy:

19. jet

jet Senior member

All that polyester shit stinks as soon as you get some wear on them I don't touch that shit except heattechs (which do the same obviously).

1 person likes this.
  20. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

They really need to bring back the tencel boxer briefs. There are other alternatives but they're ~$30 a pair.

1 person likes this.