• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Melbush

Reaction score
Linen-cotton blazers are really good. I find the cut very slim, I'd say XS is more like 34 or slim 36. But yeah, fit like slim oxfords. Wish they had more colors.
Really? I found the linen blazer from past seasons very large fitting

sdedalus1

Reaction score

Can't speak to the pilling of the cotton/cashmere (just got mine) but i can't help but comment on how thin this thing is. thinner than a t shirt.

The crewneck cotton-cashmere I got is at least as thick as a T-shirt and the EF merino.

Anybody own the dry comfort blazer?
How does it look irl, I find uniqlo stuff to look really cheap which I wouldnt mind for some stuff but not a blazer. I can not find a Barena in black so this might be my only option.

I wouldnt consider the dry easy jacket to be any sort of lower cost replacement for barena

Dry easy, wool blended, and even the 100% cotton textured blazer all look cheap to me. But, again, linen-cotton is good. You're in luck, they have it in black.

Really? I found the linen blazer from past seasons very large fitting

So did I, hence my satisfaction with this season's linen-cotton, which is advertised as slim fit.

lineate

Reaction score
I bought the linen/cotton blazer in navy today. Nice and casual, with some surprisingly nice detailing like pick stitching on the lapel. Nice with a shirt or a tee.

And, at 6'2", it is actually long enough for me, which is more than I can say about most uniqlo blazers.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I'll have to reconsider the linen blazers then. We're the same height. I've never even looked at them closely because I figured they'd be way too short.

Edit: Based on the measurements I'd have to get an XXXL to get a semi-long length (31"). If I fit to chest size (medium), I'd get a 28" length. Guess I'm not seeing it or the measurements are off.

Last edited:

spicycho

Reaction score
I bought the linen/cotton blazer in navy today. Nice and casual, with some surprisingly nice detailing like pick stitching on the lapel. Nice with a shirt or a tee.

And, at 6'2", it is actually long enough for me, which is more than I can say about most uniqlo blazers.
What size did you go with?

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long is it on you? The measurements seem awfullly short

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
I like their linen blazers a lot as a very light, casual summer piece .

But quality control is all over the place. Today I tried on some mediums in multiple colors. Some fit perfectly, others I could barely button.

One thing that is consistent is the long sleeve length. Probably the only tailoring I would have to do on mine - the one that I could button.

Last edited:

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where is the outerwear at? They pretty much have had down and that field coat as their only choices since fall I need a beater harrington

Qudi

Reaction score

I'm really interested in buying some uniqlo cargo pants from seeing them in fits (i believe they were the perfect shape ones with straight pockets?).... but it seems like they don't make the same ones anymore?

i can only seem to find these:
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/men/bottom...sweat-easy-cargo-cropped-pants-110106.html#58

Also for uniqlo jeans... stretch vs skinny fit vs slim fit?

my black perfect shape cargos from 3-4 years ago are probly my favorite pants. so sad i didnt pick up a pair in olive.

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
uniqlo x schwinn, had to instakop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads