• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

feliks

Reaction score
ordered two linens sized down (measurements make it seem like they're bigger than last year), so we'll see how those are. dissapointed the navy one isn't as dark as previous year's.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know when the next UK sale might be? Kind of want to buy these linen/cotton blazers but it's not even season to wear them yet.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did a hot wash with minimal agitation (with a hot presoak as part of the wash cycle) on my selvage denim. still no perceivable shrinkage. Waist did tighten back up to what it was like when boxfresh, but is stretching back out quickly. "unsanforized" but not shrinking? Whatever, it works for me.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do the linen shirts shrink a lot in the wash?

I can't speak to the Uniqlo ones, but my Brooks Brothers linen shirts shrunk more than my cotton ones.

Weird. US site makes no mention of unsanforized denim in the product description of the same item number: http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/lifewear/men-slim-fit-straight-jeans-selvedge/124313-69
Is it assumed that most selvedge denim is sanforized? I thought unless specified they were unsanforized.

Tons of cool colors, but do the collars look to wide or spread out to you guys? I'm so picky about shirt collars.

I prefer the wider collars than the trendy skinny ones, but that is just my preference. On a casual shirt like that though I would also prefer a button down collar.

Last edited:

noobedloser

Reaction score

Is it assumed that most selvedge denim is sanforized? I thought unless specified they were unsanforized.

I would assume the opposite, that most selvedge denim is unsanforized. Cheap selvedge denim tends sanforized and I'm surprised by the unsanforized denim at $50

Last edited:

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the Airism tees stretchy or should I size up? The p2p looks really small

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
indeed, it's weird that this would be (undisclosed) $50 unsanforized denim. However, since it barely shrinks in my experience, i guess they don't have to mention it--in terms of fit and shrinkage, it doesn't matter that it's unsanforized. as for what's more common, i'm not sure it's safe to say that "most" selvage denim is unsanforized, being as selvage denim appears at many pricepoints now. personally, I assume "sanforized unless mentioned otherwise."

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the Airism tees stretchy or should I size up? The p2p looks really small

stretch but i'd size up one if you're not wearing it as an undershirt

baxter0

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to shrink the sweatpants and how did it go?

togglebutton

Reaction score
Is the linen shirt slim fit? Does it have the middle pleat in the back? Kinda doesn't look like there is a pleat in the online picture

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
finally can cop me some linen this year, when the **** is south coast gonna open

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ran over to the store just now to pick up the Linen/Cotton Slim Fit Sports Coat.

Arms are a little long on me as I had to get a medium, but think they have non-functional button sleeves, so should be able to tailor. Small was too tight on me. Should be a good spring/summer sportscoat.

Not totally sure I will keep, but will be traveling to a warm climate and thought this would be good for that.

Last edited:

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ran over to the store just now to pick up the Linen/Cotton Slim Fit Sports Coat.

Arms are a little long on me as I had to get a medium, but think they have non-functional button sleeves, so should be able to tailor. Small was too tight on me. Should be a good spring/summer sportscoat.

Not totally sure I will keep, but will be traveling to a warm climate and thought this would be good for that.

Vents? There's only a pic of the front on the website...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads