1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. logic368

logic368 New Member

I have these shoes; they were on the second floor of the NY 5th Avenue store, hidden all the way in the back behind the Starbucks (along with their sunglasses and other random crap lol). They're beautiful and exceedingly comfortable (for a canvas shoe). I've gotten quite a few compliments on them, actually.

2. adeniran

adeniran Well-Known Member

Do you have pictures? I'd like to see how they look on feet.

3. adeniran

@momentoftruth

Here's my review on the bomber jacket:

This jacket is great, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find something like it at it's pricepoint. It's lightweight, polyester lined\filled (which makes it quite warm, I was heating up just taking the photos). As a result it's not super slim fitting, and not breathable whatsoever, but it looks very good regardless. Would be good for Fall temperatures. Too light for Winter without some layering (which probably wouldn't be worth it).

The photo on Uniqlo's website of the lighter brown color is a true representation of how it looks like in real life. I hoped\thought it would be even lighter like the additional product photos, but that
    was not the case.

[​IMG]

Inside the jacket, there is a pocket on the lefthand size big enough to hold a cellphone or something wider (galaxy S7 for reference). Ribbed cuffs and collar. Standard slant pockets.

I went true to size (S) for the bomber. I'm curious as to what an XS would look like, but that would definitely make the sleeves too short. They're perfect as is.

If anyone wants any other reviews + pictures, I also purchased the chinos, hoodie, tees, and mock neck sweater.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    2 people like this.
  4. jet

jet Senior member

Is U stuff decent quality?

5. adeniran

I'm a fan of everything I purchased (hoodie, tees, chino pants, mock neck sweater)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  6. jet

jet Senior member

Thanks man, I remember there was a lot of decent quality stuff 10 years ago but the baseline quality has eroded quite a bit to the point I don't even want to buy anything anymore. I noticed they did raise the price of some of their staple offerings like efm which I'm fine with if they're trying to retain the quality.

I'm going to try out some of the stuff but the damn burgundy sweatshirt disappeared from the page so now I gotta wait til it's back.

7. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

That fake suede bomber is tempting.

8. logic368

logic368 New Member

Here you go. Notice how the thinness of the material makes them look vastly narrower and lower profile than the Nike Lunarglide 8. However, because they are about the same length, that makes it look more "pointy."
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. logic368

logic368 New Member

I'm a size 10 in Nike Lunarglide 8, Flyknit racer, and a 9.5 in lunarglide 6 and Cole Haan lunargrand.

The size 10 for the lemaire works for me wearing medium thickness socks. Thick socks and they feel too small. Thin socks and they feel too large. That's the sign of a good fit to me.

I would order true to size if I were you. Certainly do not size down. The shoes are very light and they offer almost no support, just like Vans shoes.

10. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

Anyone else having trouble ordering online?

I ordered and shipped-to-store NYC and got charged sales tax for a $80 purchase. The order initially had no sales tax (as NYC charges no tax <$100). I just checked my order status online and saw that they added the tax after.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  11. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

@adeniran great review, thanks for that (and the pics!). I was tempted by the black but I may go for the brown. And style it exactly like you did haha

12. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

I live across the country from where they ship from, but even so, my latest package has taken six days to just go from Pennsylvania to Virginia

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yes their shipping sucks. It's free tho so whatever.

I want to try the Uniqlo U shirts as my arms are always filling up the supima shirts too much for my size.

14. jet

jet Senior member

Ordered a few sweatshirts, couple u knits and a fleece so we'll see how they are.

15. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Is the shipping taking so long because it's UPS or FedEx? They always hold packages so they're not delivered in less than 5 days

16. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Senior member

The shipping is some type of Fedex equivalent to like Media Mail, called Smartpost. In all instances that I have experienced, FedEx will then pass off the parcel to USPS, which is a literal slow motion handoff that can take days. Essentially, the SS Uniqlo U will drop by the time your package reaches you.

1 person likes this.
  17. redmau

redmau Member

Already have a Buzz Rickson but I'm impressed with the U Bomber. Although the poly liner feels cheap everything else is pretty substantial. Nice nylon shell and chunky ribbing.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. Phrost

Phrost Senior member

That's the gray color? It looks really good.

What size is it and what's your height/weight?

I'm shorter at 5'8"/160lbs on the slimmer side and I find it looks ridiculous on me, especially in the oversized arms.

19. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Senior member

^^^ Zzz - Just go to COS or Topman if you want a boring bomber in lieu of this repro shit.

20. adeniran

Thank you!