1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I just ordered an MA1 we'll see. Looks good in the photos.

2. HOT Sriracha

HOT Sriracha Senior member

Anyone know how the U Bombers fit compared to the regular line Uniqlo Nylon bombers?

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

There better be restocks

Just ordered a bunch of size 32 pants.

4. Rais

Rais Senior member

@Parker Yea looking forward to that one as well. What colour did you get?

5. ASpec818

ASpec818 Senior member

there was a fit pic on the prior pages. scroll back. the Uniqlo U's are puffier.

just ordered a navy in xs. we'll see how it is. the red was unavailable from the get go.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  6. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

7. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I actually got a burgundy and olive. I wasn't sure about sizing so I got one color in M and one in L. From the styling photos, it looks a bit short. So, we'll see. Maybe the L will have that oversize thang and look good, but maybe not. I'm usually a straight up M in Uniqlo. This could be a trading situation.

I thought the burg looked pretty fresh. Will wear with rolled Levis and D Martens for that Kingston '68 suedehead look. (Need cool hair like Rais).

8. Rais

Rais Senior member

I was going to go with the burgundy and the matching jeans, but in the end went with the olive with matching cotton chinos and button up shirt. I'll see how I like the quality might still get a red one, only the XL has sold out in the bombers here in Aus, probably because it's coming into summer soon.

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

If anyone picked up the pleated pants in size 33, I will buy all colors.. Thanks

10. derv

derv Senior member

I've been wearing the lambswool sweaters for 3 years now. I wear them over my black label button down shirts when its cold in Chicago. Like every day. I have a stack of them, including some from 3 years ago and last year. One was washed inadvertently by my dry cleaner and hence has shrunk, but the others have held up well, and the ones from last year are perfect.

Haven't ordered this years model yet so I cannot comment on that. I have a stack of them in every color, and what I can say unequivocally is they are all in perfectly wearable condition, most have held their shape, and almost zero to zero pilling. I do dry-clean every 3 wears or so. Can't be beat for like 30 bucks. But can't wear with just a tee, that's for sure.

11. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

Same here. Eight years and still going strong with only the slightest hole in the back of my cardigan in the same fabric. You can't even see the hole unless you put it up in the light.

12. derv

derv Senior member

And the Uniqlo U email announcement just hit my inbox while I was talking about lambswool.

13. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Tried an MA-1 (navy) from the U line here in Toronto since they had it about a week ago when the store opened. The fit is almost like the Alpha Industries one, so pretty classic. Shiny thick nylon and lined so mid-weight. Definitely traditional fit so slightly cropped and big arms and body. The regular line MA-1 has the added pocket, is a thinner material, and more like a slim modern fit with MA-1 styling (but not fit). Also, the regular MA-1 is about $50-60 and the U line one is about $90-100.

I'm fairly petite and don't go in for the fashion look so I'm going with the regular MA-1 not the U line version.

14. accordion

accordion Senior member

Any thoughts on the wool pleated trousers?

15. cloud5

cloud5 Active Member

The wool pleated trousers felt pretty solid. It feels like a thick cotton chino to me. It's suitable for a California winter, but not anything colder than that.

16. strangebrew

strangebrew Well-Known Member

Anyone Anyone try on the insulated shirt jacket? How Does It fit? Trying to decide between M or L

17. cloud5

cloud5 Active Member

I would go TTS. I tried on most of the outerwear pieces and everything was TTS for me.

18. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Damn the U women's MA-1 is sold out in XS and S already. Hope they restock it.

19. ASpec818

ASpec818 Senior member

Is it me or everything on the U line more relaxed than slim fitted? The pants, shirts and jackets look slightly oversized. I guess that's the trend for the new season

20. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I ordered one of the grey oxfords. I need more miscellaneous office wear.
    As a Lemaire fanboy I still find it hard to buy this stuff, I don't know how you do it @gettoasty and @malcb33