1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. ILikeBacon

ILikeBacon Senior member

I got there a little over an hour before opening and the line was already around 500 deep I think (basing this off the ballot # I got for the Japan trip draw). They were missing some items/colours from the UniqloU collection. It was mad packed inside so I didn't try everything on.

Topcoat: pretty underwhelming. Flimsy and lighter weight. Definitely a longer fit. 2 interior patch pockets placed directly behind the exterior ones IIRC. I work at Club Monaco part time and we sell pretty much the same thing (fabric-wise) for double the price so I guess price-wise you could do worse lol.

MA-1: fit was definitely more of a classic repro-style -- tight waistband and loose throughout the body. Fabric felt good. Don't really remember too much about this since I had it on for literally half a second.

Work jacket: felt decent too. Agree with robinsongreen68 here.

Blocktech parka: Don't really know how to gauge shells. Fabric was a lot more sturdy than their regular line blocktech parkas. Two-way zips. I think the seams were taped? I really like the design of this piece and would've picked it up if I didn't already have 3 rain jackets lol.

Knits: I only tried on the one I picked up (lambswool crewneck). I only felt one other one. They all looked decent though.

I might go back sometime later this week and actually have a better look. Hopefully they'll have more of the line then too. I'll try to get some photos up soon. I'm 5'7, 153lbs and usually wear S/M but most of the outwear I tried on I took XS. Knits I could do S/M. Maybe the outerwear.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Meh, I've been looking for something like that for probably well over a year at this point, so I can't really say I care whether or not you happen to like it

3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Acne do knits similar to that pretty regularly (so somewhere between Qlo and Raf in terms of price).

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Yet you responded

5. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Senior member

Everyone, calm down [​IMG] Meanwhile, all of the measurements are provided, which should be helpful in deducing something about fit. (A lot of this stuff just seems off in measurement to me.)

6. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

I know they do oversized ones relatively often, but can't really recall any extralong ones like that? (that weren't in the 400-600$ range that is)

Well this is a messaging board, people respond to and comment on all kinds of posts no matter how lazy or condescending they might be.

7. OccultaVexillum

The Jan Sweater last fall was elongated (and really nice), I think it was $450.
    But yeah I know what you're saying.

As for Uniqlo U I think the only thing I will buy is the women's reversible bomber for my wife

8. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

I fully intended to check out the store, but like hell I was going to line up just to get in. Hopefully things will settle down next week. For those of you that braved the line up, how long did you have to wait? .

9. Phrost

Phrost Senior member

I saw a girl wearing the mainline Olive green women's MA-1 bomber in the street the other day.

It looked really good and flattering on her, but I kinda like girls in bombers though :embar:

From the pictures, the Women's miainline and Lemaire version look pretty similar, other than the Lemaire one being reversible.

If you're looking to save $30, consider the mainline version. I actually had it in my hands for a bit and I'd recommend it.

The nylon outer and ribbing used is substantial and is a lot better than the mainline Men's version.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  10. OccultaVexillum

Yeah I like the uniqlo U since the reversed grey has the contrasting ribbed sleeves, and yes, girls in bombers = [​IMG]

11. ILikeBacon

ILikeBacon Senior member

Here's a small album of shitty pictures: http://imgur.com/a/ja9Z2

Knit would have been better in a small.
    I tried on both S and XS for the work jacket but other outerwear is all XS.
    5'7 ~153lbs.

8 people like this.
  12. CityMap

CityMap Senior member

Uniqlo U came out in Japan today, Doesn't seem that popular, but the stores only carry a certain amount.
    Only the ultra large ones carry the full line up.

by the way, anyone here a fan of the Uniqlo Jogger Pants?

what are your favorite types?
    the cotton ones? denim like? jersey? mirano rib?

13. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Senior member

Lol at the collar on the chore coat.

14. Phrost

Phrost Senior member

You ended up getting the textured lambswool crew neck sweater, right?

How do you like it? Is the wool thick/scratchy/comfortable to wear? How did the sweater look in Red and Navy?

I think the Work Jacket looks better in the larger size, especially if you plan on layering it. How thick is it?

The MA-1 bomber looks good in the pictures. I'll curious to check it out in person.

If it's a similar fabric to the women's mainline one, I may exchange them. It sucks that it's priced $40 more than the regular one though...

That jacket is borrowing from the old M-43 Field Jacket.

[​IMG]

15. ILikeBacon

ILikeBacon Senior member

Yea I did. It's not the most comfortable (wool is medium thickness but definitely scratchy) but for what I paid I can't really complain. I didn't remember seeing red or navy but I didn't look around.

Agreed on the sizing work jacket. Fabric felt pretty substantial like robinsongreen68 said.

Pretty sure its the same but I'll check back today to make sure if I have time.

16. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

Couple n00b questions as I haven't been in a Uniqlo in over a year. Is Uniqlo U higher or lower quality than mainline? A friend is looking for a navy bomber at a sub-200$ range; is Uniqlo his best bet?

17. malcb33

malcb33 Senior member

That knit looks good there! I'm really interested in seeing what the red/burgundy and green colours looks like IRL

Anyone in TO up to proxy a peice or two with-in Canada?

18. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Chesterfield looks good, but would you agree with a previous poster that the quality isn't good?

19. ILikeBacon

ILikeBacon Senior member

Yeah I think I can proxy for you.

Check my earlier post. But yeah I wasn't feeling the fabric they used. Maybe some people would like it though? There must be a reason they opted for the double face 50% wool 50% poly fabric instead of just using a similar fabric to their regular line topcoat.

20. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

My girl has the mainline olive MA-1 and it's glorious. I don't understand why they didn't do a men's version just like that.

Edit: Looks like the women's reversible U MA-1 is another winner.