1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. jet

jet Senior member

uniqlo is the gold standard for low end

8 people like this.
  2. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Anyone try the slim fit ankle pants? How does the fit compare to the slim fit chinos?

3. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Anyone own the Polo's by Michael Bastian? I'm a XS in Club Monaco and J crew and wondering if I would be the same in the polo's?

4. ShakeEmUp

ShakeEmUp Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's more accurate. UVC's still the best bet?

5. feliks

feliks Well-Known Member

I'm selling the light cotton blazer (navy, size M) for $35 shipped. only tried on, noticed chest was too small for me 2nd go-around after I took off the tags. PM me for deeetz.

the matching chino pants are gr8 tho

6. ralf0615

ralf0615 Member

Compare with J.Crew Bowery dress pants, is +J tapered about the same fit? Or slimmer?

7. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

I may be wrong and I believe there is a Bowery classic and a Bowery slim. Fit is relatively similar to Bowery slim

8. conqueror

conqueror Senior member

from about 09-12 i used to get a friend to send over ocbd's from japan since australia didn't have any stores and the fit/price were pretty much spot on. they tended to fluctuate ever so slightly from season to season (some are thinner than others, different collar sizes, shades of blue etc) but i always remained the same size. qlo ended up opening here about a year ago and recently my ocbd's have needed replacing, so i decided to try them out after never having one from outside japan.

the australian stores only seem to sell the 'slim fit' ocbd which is talked about on here and fits me super weirdly - i normally wear a S in most of their western (not JP) shirts and the M is waaaay too long on the arms and is like a dress. i'm not a small dude either (6'1/165lb), do the US stores still sell a regular fit? muji would be an alternative but unfortunately the aus locations don't sell much in terms of clothing compared to japan (and presumably the states).

edit: interestingly the flannels in a S fit me pretty much perfectly, although the linen 'shirts' are more like dresses.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  9. ralf0615

ralf0615 Member

10. ralf0615

ralf0615 Member

Thanks a lot

11. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Funnily enough the shirts fit me the same, but I'm 5'9 165 lbs. Flannels in small fit me well, ocbd's in medium are way too long. I recently tried on a bunch of shirts in-store and sadly concluded Uniqlo shirts just don't fit me with the exception of the flannel I have. I had high hopes for ss linen shirts since they were quite roomy, but for some reason the arms were unbelievably tight.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  12. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

does uniqlo offer a slim fit undershirt with a wide v-neck? i bought a 2 pack of grey v-neck undershirts from them a while back but they are a little shorter than desired and the v-neck is a little tight... i think they were the supima cotton model but i'm not positive (might be premium cotton). i almost always wear an undershirt unless temps are over 90, so i prefer the neck opening to be loose enough that it won't be seen under a t-shirt.

i have been wearing Ribbed Tee undershirts for the past few years but they are due for replacement. i cut the ribbing at the neck back to the seam on these and they are perfect at the neck. (can't really do that with uniqlo models as far as I can tell).

any other recommendations?

13. noobedloser

noobedloser Senior member

How about the airism tees? I use it as an undershirt sometimes

14. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

OCBDs on sale for $15. New +J is online too.

15. jet

jet Senior member

the cashmere knits from last season are now 20 bux

1 person likes this.
  16. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

cut the neck to the size you want

17. stafa

stafa Senior member

can't find those cashmere knits. was it a price mistake?

18. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

19. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I'm about a 38 chest, and the Medium polo I bought looks painted on. I can't imagine what an xs would be.

EDIT: just tried on, and it looks acceptable, but too self-consciously slim, with sleeves cut above the biceps' mid-point. I would say size up one, but it's a tough call.

(Also: FS or FT: Medium mike bastian x uniqlo polo :violin: )

20. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member