1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. phyills

phyills Well-Known Member

What size are you and what are your measurements? I cant decide between S or M. I could probably swing a S in the regular fit. Im at 39" chest and typically a 48 in most fashiony stuff. Thanks for your help!

2. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

The cut of the Pure Blue loose tapered jeans is just amazing.
    However tried different shirts and none of them fitted

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Suddenlee so awesome

4. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Dude I have a pair of 35's if you want them (light wash).

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I'm trying to get the raw in 35

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

These jeans are pretty great, here.

Had a chance to try them on in two sizes, 32 and 34. They both fit pretty comfortably. I tried the size 34 because the size 32 hugged my thighs too much. I really like the fabric composition where the 2% spandex really helps with the comfort, and the cotton being thinner for spring-summer season. Because of the fabric makeup, I think it helps with the drape around the ankle. The cut of the jeans also has a nice taper where even if you are wearing boots, the material allows the hem to drape well around the shaft of your shoe. You can really achieve a nice stack around the ankles. Again, it is the fabric composition IMO that makes this an achievable feat. IME depending on the weight (this jean being lighter), you end up with the hem of your pants getting caught on the shaft of your boot. It is not the case here. The hand is smooth rather than rigid.

There is a good deal online right now, so, I placed an order for 10 pairs. In-store they do not seem to have odd sizes so better that I give the size 33 a try, too. They opened up so many Uniqlo stores around here it makes returns a breeze.

The beige color is really nice. I received a few comments and questions before on a similar pair I had 2 years ago and this seasons is pretty close if not better. The former pair I had was stiffer and made up of what felt like a heavier fabric, which did get caught on my boots a lot:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you don't wear jeans a lot like myself but want a pair that is comfortable and looks nice, these jeans are a good filler for your closet. Edit: Or if you ever wanted to achieve that nice ankle stack.

I'll also add since it has been recently discussed in the RFT regarding the rise of the pants, I thought these had a nice medium to even high rise depending on how you size them. Even a size 34 had a great looking stack at the ankles and was comfortable around the waist and seat. And because there is stretch in the jeans, you can sag them a little so it's not tight around your crotch.

Probably my favorite thing about them is how they look worn over boots (I would assume would look good over high top sneakers). Next would be comfort around the waist and seat. If you have to pull your socks on/up a lot, there is enough stretch in the pants to roll up the hem without constricting your calves. If you are skeptical about the thinness, I try on the pants pretty vigorously (I hate store fitting rooms) and I did not feel like I was going to tear the seam (yes it did cross my mind when I was grabbing at the hem and yanking the pants off). I'll add that they are pretty easy to take on and off.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    7 people like this.
  7. John Grady Cole

John Grady Cole Senior member

8. UltraMagnetical

UltraMagnetical Senior member

So whats the difference between all the oxfords? There seems to be 3 versions on the site right now. Is there a consensus as to which are the best?

9. noobedloser

noobedloser Senior member

I remember seeing two light blue oxfords that looked really similar in a store and one had a box pleat while the other didnt

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  10. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

when they do restocks, they often create a new product page. I'm guessing they have different manufacturers for most batches, and the profit maximizing solutions have variance too (they may use different fabric, be able to cheaply offer the inside neck detail due to machine setup, etc.) So they decide to split them to a new page. There are like a million different dry t-shirts on the site, for example.

11. UltraMagnetical

UltraMagnetical Senior member

I see, that makes sense. So which are the better ones (fabric wise). The one with the piping along the inside of the neck or the newer ones, sans piping

12. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

They'll do a new product page when they release a staple item for the new season.

I posted a link to my favorite batch of oxfords a page back.

If you're comparing two oxfords and one has a box pleat, that's the regular fit. The slim fit has no box pleat.

And if you're looking at the oxfords they just released, keep in mind that they are short sleeved...it might not be apparent on first glance.

13. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

1 person likes this.
  14. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

15. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

How is the Pure blue denim jacket? They put it on sale this week

16. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

anyone check out the dry stretch stuff yet??

was ordering some clothes for work and did an impulse buy on the dry stretch sweat full zip jacket and the dry stretch sweatpants

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

they are well reviewed on the site

17. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

I picked up the dry stretch full zip hoodie while I was in NYC about a month ago. I love it. I had to go up one size from what I normally wear but the fit is great. Now I want it in some other colours. I can't wait till they open the Uniqlo here in Toronto next year.

18. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Wearing the dry stretch pants now around the house. They are decent and comfortable. But have started to pill. I would rec though.

19. nowiremember

nowiremember Senior member

Anyone know the leg opening measurements on both the Slim Tapered and Skinny Tapered jeans?
    Size 29 or 30.

20. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

How do the cotton cashmere and the linen blend sweaters compare to the EFM ones?

Also, is there any major differences when it comes to the different Uniqlo stores in NYC?