1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. JanC

JanC Well-Known Member

Anyone buy the +J shirts? How are they?

2. Raindrop

Raindrop Well-Known Member

Pretty good. I have all three colours.

The gray one catches lint easily. Otherwise, good length and shoulder ratio (got mine in HK). Held up well to washing.

3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

I realise this has surely been asked before but a few searches of various degrees didn't show what I was looking for.
    I've never bought/seen unique before. How accurate are the online measurements? Esp for the +J.
    Looking at the wool tapered in a 34 and a 13"+ thigh looks perfectly slim for me, but I'm used to slim meaning like <12" and being unwearable. Any help would be appreciated, hoping measurements are pretty accurate.

4. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

The measurements for the size 31 and 32 i got were accurate.

5. OccultaVexillum

Thanks. Ordered the 34 in the black wool.

6. ultronwar

ultronwar Active Member

Hi all... this might be a noob question but ill ask anyway! I bought a couple of cableknits here in the UK and they are really annoying me at the moment. The hem seems to constantly slowly roll inwards and tuck in to the the jumper! Is there any tips to stop this from occurring other then me constantly pulling it down and being self conscious?

Cheers

7. OccultaVexillum

Well shit, the wool taper J+ came in a 34 and they are dumb tight. Will return.
    I'm ordering a 35 right now but if anyone wants this pair of 34's let me know since they are out of stock now, otherwise I'm returning them on Monday.

8. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

that's what happens when you do dumb shit like 200 rep squats :)

9. jet

jet Well-Known Member

copped +j vest

3 people like this.
  10. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

Nice markdowns on the remaining +j stuff. Picked up another pair of the tapered trousers.

11. RXS09

RXS09 Well-Known Member

How to size slim tapered denim?

12. jet

jet Well-Known Member

What size would i need for 34 waist? Are they as slim as slim fit chinos?

13. JanC

JanC Well-Known Member

Should I go with my usual shirt size or go up one?

14. robinsongreen68

i would go with 34 unless you have really swole thighs/calves. they're pretty slim but not as much so as the chinos i think
    im a 32 and this is TTS
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. jet

jet Well-Known Member

thanks, the slim chinos are too slim for my taste but then i wear a 32 in those so i guess that's good news

just need a decent pair of black beater pents

16. robinsongreen68

they're really nice for the price, cut is identical to the schneider pair i have

17. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

I don't know if this reissue is cut the same way as the original but I had to size down when they first came out so I ordered a size down.

Hopefully they're exactly the same, the cut is great and my original ones have held up well.

18. mc-lunar

mc-lunar Active Member

Hey so just to confirm - slim oxford size for the +J vest? I'm a M and and the oxford is slightly long but the fit is good throughout the body.

19. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

20. Peter1

Peter1 Well-Known Member

Just adding some data points here...picked up a pair of slim/straight "raw" selvedge denim for 19.90 euros. I sized up 1 in the waist (usually 32x34) cause the top block was a little smaller than I thought it would be and I wasn't sure if they'd stretch. I plan on wearing for a couple of weeks then warm soaking if they seem a little stiff.

Fabric is pretty thin -- I usually wear 14-16 oz Japanese denim -- I'd say these are 11-11.5 oz. Construction is spot on from what I can tell.

Fit is actually pretty good, I wouldn't complain if the rise was .5 inch higher, but the calves and ankles are trim without being tight. I'm skeptical that they'll actually give decent fades and I have no idea if they're sanforized (I suspect so).

But all in a good deal for a pair of beater denim. Like a lot of Uniqlo stuff I wonder what would happen if the company even made a Wallace & barnes type version (i.e. better fabrics and design, for 1.5 x the price).