1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

2. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

new arrival but basically sold out? dayam. tell me more about these

3. CityMap

CityMap Well-Known Member

I've been wondering if there would be a demand for a Japanese Uniqlo overseas service.
    Next month, i'll be moving to a place down the road from Uniqlo and there's always people in this thread who are disappointed with the lack of stock in American Uniqlos.
    Our Uniqlos generally have much higher stock, and a few unique items not sold overseas
    while its cheaper here.. it probably would not offset the additional shipping costs, as well as me demanding some extra money for effort put into it.

4. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

This happened with Urban Sweats as well, but I went to the store and they still had some.

5. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

the proper size of vest came in. it slays. i'll be biking in it all winter over top of other jackets.

6. tokyocean

tokyocean Well-Known Member

Opinions on Uniqlo sweatshirts?

7. brightorangetrousers

brightorangetrousers Well-Known Member

Just picked up a few things apart from the usual socks/underwear. For reference, I'm 6'3 and about 180 pounds.

1) Stripy extra-fine merino jumper http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/131399
    Fabric is niiiiiice. Has the whole sailor stripes thing going on but in muted neutrals. Reminds me of similar stuff that Margaret Howell put out in AW2012: http://www.margarethowell.co.uk/collections/men/autumn-winter-2012-collection/look5. Normally an M in most everything, took an L in this.

2)Flannel shirt http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/135715001
    These seem slightly bigger than last year, which is good, for me, anyway. I took an M.

3) Dip dye indigo shirt http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/140765
    Picked up one of these up despite thinking the whole "Pure Blue Japan" branding was a dick move on Uniqlo's part.
    Nicer than I thought it would be. Took an M.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Well-Known Member

My old Uniqlo blue OCBD got a hole in the sleeve, so I'm contemplating replacing it. However, the blue shirt they have in their non-slim fit seems a little lighter than usual. Can anyone confirm this? Any chance they have a just plain blue OCBD?

9. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Damn Heattech long johns in small size all colors gone :(

10. piut

piut Member

11. kvgx22

kvgx22 Well-Known Member

I have the single breasted Chester, it runs kind of small (measurements are accurate) and its not really too thick. Isn't really warm in my opinion but looks good.

Definitely looks better than the normal peacoat though.

On a sidenote, anyone have some of the Urban Sweat full zip jackets XS left? PM me if you do.

12. ASpec818

ASpec818 Well-Known Member

13. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Well-Known Member

Uniqlo has their selvedge denim on sale for $25 a pair. Just copped two more pair. I don't have any other selvedge brands to compare the Uniqlo's to but these are easily the best fitting for me

14. Raindrop

Raindrop Well-Known Member

They're really nice for the price you pay for them.

I also like their fit.

15. jet

jet Well-Known Member

efm on sale might pick up a few today

16. LeBeef

LeBeef Well-Known Member

Never had any selvedge denim before, so I thought Uniqlo was great value when I got mine this year for ~30 on sale. I got both blue and black. Just FYI, they are low rise. When I get my next pair of raw jeans, I'll be looking for something with a higher rise.

17. johnbigbon

johnbigbon New Member

i'm looking for some basic long sleeve tees, sweatshirts, and crew neck sweaters
    which would be a better buy
    Uniqlo or Abercrombie and Fitch (they have a 50% off sale now and the prices come down to nearly the same).

18. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Well-Known Member

I actually like the lower rise. I really wish They'd stock black selvedge denim in the regular fit though Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. CityMap

CityMap Well-Known Member

AF tends to use cotton poly blend in their tees and cotton, acryllic in their sweaters.

20. ultronwar

ultronwar Active Member