1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. jet

jet Senior member

have no fuckin idea how theory still exists

3 people like this.
  2. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Well some things have not been definitely proven yet, therefore theory still exists. It's simple science bro. :rimshot:

8 people like this.
  3. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

I have no idea either.

4. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Senior member

Copped the stretchy slim jeans...might go back for another pair or two.

Better than the $140 price tag on the stretch traveler jeans from BR.

5. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

Since the web store doesn't do exchanges, I called to ask about an exchange to get a size larger on the +j vest, and they said they'd waive the return fee since I was gonna order another. Cool.

6. jet

jet Senior member

to wear over jackets? i'm about to order my slim oxford size

7. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

I had sized down from my slim oxford size. yeah go normal size to fit over jackets et cetera

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. justusss

justusss Senior member

Anyone tried the slim tapered color jeans? I got 3 pairs on promo yesterday for 20 bucks a piece. Is the feel anything like the skinny tapereds?

9. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

The material is a lot thinner. Like leggings. The material on the skinny tapers is really nice. Soft but crisp and has the stretch for comfort.

10. noobedloser

noobedloser Senior member

Im looking for the +J suit, both the jacket/pants, in size small/29. Let me know if anyone see any that happen to be lying around in any stores too! I knew I shouldve picked it up when it came out

11. Creasy729

Creasy729 Active Member

I ordered the J+ vest in the same size as my slim oxford size and am pretty pleased with the fit (particularly if you reverse it where it only has two exterior pockets). Had I gone down a size I don't think the arm opening would be very comfortable if worn over anything other than a t-shirt or oxford. And at that point, feel like the vest's whole purpose would be defeated - especially as I like to wear it over sweaters and sweatshirts.

1 person likes this.
  12. CityMap

CityMap Senior member

Since Theory was brought up, I stopped by the outlet here to see their offerings and prices
    [​IMG]

100% Grey Cashmere Sweater. about $270 USD. Made in China

[​IMG]

White V-neck Tee, about $135 USD. 85% Nylon, 15% Polyurethane. made in China

3 people like this.
  13. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

I question how they still exist.

14. brianoh

brianoh Senior member

Theory exists bc of that Fast Retailing $.

15. EdwardB

EdwardB Senior member

Theory exists because there are a LOT of people who have money, base the value of a garment solely on its price and want to wear nice "normal" (non-stylized), reasonably well-cut clothing in decent fabrics (see: 90% of Barney's mens buys every season) that they can easily find in physical retail stores. Obviously it doesn't provide exceptional value/design and it's not a brand for communities like this, but it shouldn't be too hard to understand why it's popular.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    2 people like this.
  16. jet

jet Senior member

Of course it's hard to understand when there is much better shit out there, your logic doesn't apply. If people wanted to spend money on nice basics they're buying cucinelli not theory.

17. EdwardB

EdwardB Senior member

Cucinelli is far out of the reach of most people in terms of pricepoint and distribution; Theory is not, which is the point I was trying to make. Accessibility isn't an issue for people on here, but there are tons of people who just walk into stores and buy stuff that they think looks nice with little consideration to what else is on the market. Theory is in a lot of stores (even in suburban areas), Cucinelli is not. Theory is a somewhat palatable pricepoint (though poor value, I'm not going to argue there), Cucinelli is not. Of course Cucinelli makes the better product, but most people won't go through the effort of searching it out, they'll just buy what they can easily get.

2 people like this.
  18. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

^ You started with saying "a lot of people have money". Having money does not equal buying Theory. Furthermore, if these people just buy what's easily available not only are they not actually wealthy, they're idiots as well.

Maybe for mall-going yokels who think shopping at J Crew is a a splash out on a big spend, then Theory "appears" to be a luxury brand, but 5 seconds on Google will tell you otherwise. Given the ease of access to information I'd rather order some nice shit online and have it sent to me than think I'm cool buying some Theory shit at the mall.

19. jet

jet Senior member

Ya I just gave up trying to prove my point, thanks.

1 person likes this.
  20. EdwardB

EdwardB Senior member

Yes, I am referring to the mall clientele, which often includes people with disposable income ("having money") who aren't necessarily interested in clothing to the extent that people on here are. What I was attempting to get across (poorly, apparently) is that the average shopper (the one that thinks J. Crew is "high end") is generally uneducated about product, isn't doing research and is just going to the mall, browsing a few stores, and buying what they like. Theory is easy to find and, as a result, sells. It has nothing to do with product quality. Am I missing something huge here? Seriously, I'm not trying to stir up shit, this has just been my experience observing customer behavior in retail in the past.

EDIT: I just reread my past posts and I think they may have been confusing in that I didn't specify that I considered Theory an expensive mall brand (with the customers/shopping behavior to match). I also referenced Barney's buys just as a comment on the blandness of men's buys in general. I found the comparison of Cucinelli to something mall-level a bit odd, but it makes sense considering how I worded my past few posts.