1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

done it with the heat tech. warm.

2. jet

jet Senior member

so wear a sweater

3. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

wat?

4. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

anyone know if they are going to restock heattech gloves?
    btw they are all tagged smart phone compatible now:
    [​IMG]
    (yea I'm stupid and didn't buy them in store)

5. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

I do, but if you sweat, airism shirts start to smell bad. Heat tech, I wear as a base layer.

6. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

yea airism's anti-odor claim is bullshit

7. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Dude, so the "urban sweats" cargo sweats are like pretty awesome man. I can see why they sold at $49. At first I thought it was ridiculously expensive for a Uniqlo item. Sweats. But damn, after wearing them and nuking them in the laundry for a couple of weeks, things are great. Wish they had more in stock. Would buy full retail. I'm comparing them to W+H sweat pants and Robert Geller sweat pants...and they're way better for much cheaper...and I think it's well worth it compared to the regular sweats at about double the price. Damnit, pocket placements are perfect too.

Duders, now I feel like I missed out on the long hoodie. Think those sold out even faster. Only comparable is nonnative ones for like $300 =/

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  8. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

LSO. picked up two of the stretchy belts. $19 each. one is more casual, other a little more dressy. They are nice. One size fits all. They are stretchy. Makes it comfortable. I'm embarassed to say how much I've spent on similar belts from SF approved labels. These feel better made too. Damn. $19? Feels goo man.

9. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

What exactly does "nuking them in the laundry" mean and what did it do to make them better? I got a pair as well and quite like them. I was a bit skeptical of the long hoodie when I ordered it but am really glad I did… have been enjoying it immensely. :nodding:

10. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Oh. I just like to wash and tumble dry my stuff like normal. You know. Wash cold, tumble dry low. I hate buying expensive stuff on here and then be all like, "hand wash only" man. I mean. Like, I spend 4 bills on this shirt and I now have to hand wash it?? WTF MAN? For that price, should be bullet proof, amirite?

So yea. I just mean, it went through the wash no problem. Still feels good, didn't fall apart, get all warped or anything (some uniqlo stuff does).

2 people like this.
  11. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

If it stays true black after 100 washes, I'll buy one.

12. Kid Nickels

You have black or grey? Mine are black and my pet peeve is fuzz and shit on black stuff feels to me it makes it looks cheap so I'm always afraid to throw anything black in the wash (unless only by itself which is a waste of water here in CA). I guess I'm kind of a freak about keeping black clothing looking crispy.

13. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Mine are grey. Think the blacks sold out first. I had to stalk the website to get mine from returns. Harder now...they don't even have an urban sweats page anymore.

1 person likes this.
  14. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Anyone have the thicker (non-ULD) down jacket? Comments on quality / warmth / sizing please?
    http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/men-down-jacket-127898.html#58

I'm a ~42 chest, 32 waist, 6'0, 180 lb. Mostly a M in J. Crew, sometimes L if too snug in shoulders.
    Uniqlo general size chart suggests a M or L, actual measurements suggest a S (sz S = 19.5" shoulder / 23.5" chest, sz M = 20" shoulder / 24.5" chest.

Do these things really run that huge or is it just the ultra thick down? Never had to wear a size S before! Even more confusing, the model looks pretty slim and is 6'1, wearing a size M which should look gigantic on him but doesn't really.

15. noobedloser

noobedloser Senior member

If I remember correctly, the bomber jacket sold out before the cargo sweats did because I bought the sweats with no problem when they first dropped.
    I do have a question tho, did your sweats shrink a lot? Thats the one thing I would really like to know.

16. Kid Nickels

Some Japan posters noted there were a bunch of leftovers locally… but yeah in the US it's hit.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  17. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Does Uniqlo just not make women's room shoes? They have room shoes listed in the women's loungewear section, but all of the product listings say men's.

18. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Just got some skinny tapereds and heattech longsleeves, uniqlo's quality to price ratio is so great [​IMG]

19. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

They shrunk a little bit, as with all the cotton stuff. But then it stretches out a little bit too.

20. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

made two orders last week; the second order came yesterday, and the first order has yet to ship. so i'm just waiting on an out of stock notice.

that +J vest was one of the things I got. It's a cool piece, and thick as promised, though it's thickness can make it hard to layer. I sized down 1, since it has a big p2p, but I might exchange it for my normal size so it'll fit over all my outerwear. I haven't decided. Oh, and the wool feels a little weird--thin, stretchy. I'm a little worried these snaps are too serious for the wool.