1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  2. kazuya

kazuya Active Member

I got the same run around. I placed the order last week and still no updates about my order. I just hope the system was not too f@cked up where it still accepted orders and they already run out of inventory.

3. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

Heading to Philly tonight,, I hope I will get a chance to stop at Uniqlo and see the +J collection

4. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

5. jet

jet Senior member

shut the fuck up already

7 people like this.
  6. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Does anyone know how restocking works for EU? Seems like I see restocks for flannels in the US announced pretty regularly, but haven't seen any EU annoucements and some of them sell out really quickly.

1 person likes this.
  7. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

Please watch your language. Thank you.

Frankenstein flannels are great for hippies. :nodding:

8. Vetiver

Vetiver Member

The new +J collection completely passed me by, as I wasn't expecting it to return. When I discovered the launch date, I was thoroughly annoyed, as I'd been checking the last two autumns and completely gave up hope. However, after looking at the latest selections, I can now breathe a sigh of relief.

The items are really underwhelming and they don't look as impressive as those from the previous collections. For me, my favourite +J collection was the third one, back in 2011. The trousers were of excellent quality, even though I missed out on a black pair because Uniqlo underhandedly changed the goalposts (certain items weren't available at their main stores, which wasn't the case the previous two years).

The trousers in this year's collection look very thin and aren't cut as well. Furthermore, only one style of trouser is on offer. I mean, come on!

Personally, Uniqlo's best year was 2009. That was the first year of the +J collection and there were also lots of other great items. Nowadays, the selections for men are bland, conservative and tired. I also think it's about time a wider choice of colours were made available, especially with regards to trousers (e.g. brown, green, patterned).

After 2009, I was hoping the Uniqlo offerings would be even better and more exciting, but this hasn't been the case. 2010 and 2011 were okay but not as good. IMHO, they've dropped the ball since 2012.

Btw, I've been shopping at Uniqlo since 2006.

9. jet

jet Senior member

time to move on from uniqlo man it's entry level shit like gap

4 people like this.
  10. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

True story. I was at SOHO store eating a hotdog. My fingertips had ketchup. I went up the 2nd floor at Uniqlo and wiped my hand with a frankenstein flannel.

True story cross my heart.

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Anyone ever try to return something NWT for store credit? I got an older blazer picked up this year that ended up not being used at all.

If I can, I'll check in tomorrow evening at the local store. Otherwise, I may donate or toss.

12. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

13. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

I saw those at the store but I didn't feel them. But they are thick looking. I tried on the cotton slub which are thin but fitted me perfect. They felt nice but I imagine washing them would turn them to crap.

The materials on those you're questioning are: 60% polyester, 30% wool, 10% nylon

14. noobedloser

noobedloser Senior member

So I got the Urban Sweat collections, both sweatpants and the bomber in today. For the sweatpants, I definitely agree that the non-cargo ones are a miss. The pocket placements on them is pretty whack and doesn't seem very practical to use. Also the fit and style is not as nice as the cargo ones. I think the cargo ones are definitely worth it if anyone is looking for some cargo sweatpants.

As for the bomber, these are my initial thoughts based on 5 mins of trying it on. I don't think they are bad as people have described. I got a S and it fits me pretty well besides the length. But it definitely is not like the models are wearing it. The faux sherling isn't shabby and will definitely keep you warm and comfy. But I think the price of this jacket is debatable for $60

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  15. jet

jet Senior member

i always knew you liked wieners in your mouth

2 people like this.
  16. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

Men don't have those kind of thoughts. How old are you? 12yr?

Get off me peasant. Shoo..run along go play with your legos.

17. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Shall we also get off your lawn while we're at it? Hey Jet, you're making Grandpa cranky.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  18. jet

jet Senior member

it's like a race for the crown of forum idiot between him and sinnedk

3 people like this.
  19. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

You're the one that is trolling. You're initiating the nonsense.

This is a public forum. I have the right to dislike Frankenstein flannels. I bet you don't even wear your frankenstein flannels for fear of looking like a douchebag on the streets. I mean who wears that seriously? A clown?

20. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Can't even begin to explain. Suffice it to say zero customer service, zero explanation, about half-dozen emails unanswered… utter f'g bs.