1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Chubbs

Chubbs Senior member

I'd be interested in how these are too. I picked one up last season but ended up returning it. Nice slim fit, but was just way too thin and flimsy. Still, it was only $99.

I notice this years version is a cashmere-wool blend. So maybe its also a little more substantial.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  2. LeBeef

LeBeef Senior member

Been looking for a cheap trench coat - anybody have experience with the soutien collar coat?

3. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

Chesterfield is now at 150. I thought it was at 99, Was I imagining things?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  4. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

So is the urban sweat bomber sold out or just not on the US site? Also, are the tops in this collection slim fitting too or is it just the pants?

5. JanC

JanC Senior member

I sized up from my usual.

6. tundrafour

tundrafour Senior member

Bought a lambswool cardigan and V neck. Fit is pretty terrible and both feel cheap, will definitely be returning them.

Flannels this season seem acceptable to me, though. Fabric might be a little thin but fit is decent (a little disproportionately tight in the arms and loose around the waist, but not too bad) and they're really soft.

1 person likes this.
  7. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

I happened to be at my computer the moment the urban sweats went online (the one drop I was ready for was by Uniqlo), and for a few hours after, and I never saw it in stock - aside from a couple of brief periods when a L or XL "available" for a few seconds. I bought most pieces from the collection, in two sizes, with no problem, but was never able to get the bomber into my cart. I've kept the bomber page open in a tab ever since and checked on it periodically and never seen it stock. I don't know what the deal is, but I'd be surprised if there was that much demand for it. Probably some sort of internal issue.

FWIW, My order arrived today (haven't tried the pants yet) but all the tops are going back. Everything fits weird. Mediums are too small and larges are too big. That womens jacket with the shearling lining is the best piece I got but like someone predicted it's too small. Shame they didn't make it for men. I'm pretty bummed since I was expecting some next level lounge/bum-wear.

8. accordion

accordion Senior member

long hoodie came in, pretty nice, sized up and good fit + substantial material, bomber only looks good on the model, not feeling it tbh.

9. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Yeah, my long hoodie came today and is pretty great. The only thing in the collection worth the time IMO.

10. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

:foo:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  11. CityMap

CityMap Senior member

here in Japan, some new Flannel patterns and colors came out and we had a sale for around 1490 yen (about $14 per shirt).
    but I'm pretty disappointed, they were very thin for a flannel. a lot of the lamb wool cardigan are being phased out rather quickly.
    good deals on them, but I personally find them kind of itchy.

1 person likes this.
  12. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

That is why I stopped buying them.

13. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Beige chesterfield sold out in all sizes except XL, if anyone here got it please post some pics and impressions

14. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Is anyone else getting some bullshit from Uniqlo about a change in their shipping that has coursed delays? I ordered some shit over a week ago and it hasn't even been processed for a tracking number yet… wtf?

15. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Just got a pair of the PBJ light wash jeans in the mail. Can confirm that the distressing does indeed look like shit.

16. boozwah

boozwah Well-Known Member

Quote:Loose or slim fit? I thought the distressing looked pretty good on the lighter washes on the website, but Ill pass for $80 if it looks corny.

17. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

The loose-tapered fit. The jeans actually fit really well, but I do think the distressing looks tacky. I'll try to take some photos before I skip town for the weekend.

18. jhwendland

jhwendland Senior member

Thanks for the feedback. Going to pass on that cardigan now.

19. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

All my orders usually ships the next day. Never had any issues. Care to share more details? What change they made in their shipping that has caused delays?

20. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I don't know honestly. It sounds like they are kinda ill-informed themselves in customer derive. Something to the effect of … "we've changed the way we run order logistics with FedEx and this new system has resulted in delays to some orders receiving tracking numbers and as a result, being shipped on time."

I ordered some of the AP sweats on the 25th and nothing yet… no info, no tracking, and obviously no gear!