• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

skrz

Reaction score
@Choj Small will for you just right. I have a very similar body build.

Last edited:

Crump's Brother

Reaction score

Anyone have experience with the new chino shorts on the site or chino shorts in the past. I have a 29" waist and the small's measurements say 31.5" waist and 12.5" thigh. The 10.5" inseam looks good but I'm surprised its so relaxed.

Is that accurate? And/or will they shrink with wash? Should I get the small or not bother

i have the chino shorts from last year

i wear 32-33 waist and the medium fit my waist well

CDKN2A

Reaction score
Hey guys
I'm Looking at ordering a few things from the UK Site to Australia (Via Proxy) Just wondering about the sizes
I'm 6"3 ishh and 75Kg (Skinny build) Just wondering what size roughly for the V necks ( I'm guessing Medium for length?) , Oxfords (Possibly small for as slim fit as possible) and Outerwear (Medium?)

Any Help would be greatly appreciated!
cheers

Last edited:

allennat

Reaction score
Hi, maybe you guys could help me out again,
So I am looking to replace my poor fitting blazers, and was thinking uniqlo is the best for my budget.
I am trying to find out which fabric looks and feels the best,, so I can dress it up a little if needed to but mainly use as a summer blazer.
Dry easy, dry jersey , dry light, cord lane, linen cotton, stretch cotton, wash cotton, or premium linen. .?
Also if anyone has experience with the cordlane blazers are the stripes noticeable ? In the photo it looks solid.

Thank you

rabbitman

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my first post on Styleforum.

I'm sure a similar question has been addressed somewhere in this thread but it's pretty dificult to locate it with nearly 600 pages--so I was hoping yall could help me out a little.

I've been searching for a brand that fits my body to no avail. I'm 5'8 and weigh 155 lbs. I have a normal (slender by American standards) Asian body frame but also have a slightly muscular build. My jacket size seems to be somewhere between 36 and 37. As a point of comparison, I can't even fit into J.Crew's slim fit line because while their size small fits well in the shoulder width and chest, the armhole and sleeves are way too big and loose throughout.

From what I've read, it seems like Uniqlo has relatively narrower sleeves so I wanted to give it a try. What line (slim vs others) and what size (XS vs S) do you think would best fit me?
i'd say youre a regular small, possibly a slim-fit medium but itll prob be too long. i have a similar build being 5'9 and 153lb, with a 30 waist and 37 chest. i take a small and fits great

ohharro

Reaction score
Another OCBD fit question (sorry). I'm 5'11", 160 lb, 38" chest and 31" waist. I tried on the slim fit OCBD in both S and M. Small was a little dangerous, waist and length were good, but the shoulder and chest were fine if i didn't pull my arms back. There's pulling along the placket if I move my arms in any motion aside from a walking swing. Any shrinking probably would have made it too tight. The medium was a better fit (not too snug) in the shoulders and chest, but the collar's a little big (probably doesn't matter since I don't plan on wearing ties with these) and the waist is huge. My main issue is with the waist.

My question is, is it better to go with the medium slim fit and throw it in the wash and dryer, hoping for some shrink in the waist (and body length too?), or go with a small regular and hope for a better fit? I see the charts on Uniqlo, and slim M and regular S have the same chest and shoulder, but I'm more worried about the waist size, which isn't on there. Can anyone with the regular S provide a measurement at the second to last button? Also, when people complain with extra material on the back for the regular, is that upper or lower back? If I go with the slim M, how much shrinking should I expect? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ohharro sounds like you want slim fit in small danger is very good. :slayer:

ohharro

Reaction score

ohharro sounds like you want slim fit in small danger is very good. :slayer:

I forgot to mention that I am trying to correct my posture, but if I stand with good posture (shoulders back, chest out), there is slight pulling on the top two buttons for the slim S, more if I move.

Last edited:

limbo

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem. Ended up going with M, which is flaring out at the waist aka I can grab on the nips of fabric on the side. Everything else fits loose, but slim in the right places. I'm hoping a hot cycle in the dryer will shrink it a bit and it will be perfect.

I found my S shirts needed three top buttons undone for it not to pull
dozingoff.gif

ohharro

Reaction score

I have the exact same problem. Ended up going with M, which is flaring out at the waist aka I can grab on the nips of fabric on the side. Everything else fits loose, but slim in the right places. I'm hoping a hot cycle in the dryer will shrink it a bit and it will be perfect. I found my S shirts needed three top buttons undone for it not to pull
dozingoff.gif
Let me know how it turns out. But yeah, those top three are the ones that pull for me as well. I think if the jump from S to M had an increase in the chest, but not so much the back, it'd be nice as well (and kept the waist the same).

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Successfully shrank my slim fit oxfords after washing on warm and drying on normal. Will need to pick up some more next time they go on sale.

YOLO EMSHI

Reaction score
So I've been looking for a piece of beater outerwear that I can wear anywhere and I've narrowed it down to the EG storm coat from last winter season and the UU fishtail parka. Could anyone here make a comparison? If not, how warm and weatherproof is the UU?

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you really comparing EG with Uniqlo..?

Both are about as water resistant as each other, and will give you similar amount of weather protection. From my experience EG will look better the more you look, and UU will look cheaper the more you look.
The only piece I really liked in UU were the shirts and easy jackets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads