1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

2. malomo

malomo Active Member

Anyone know how the +J Outerwear fits? I've never bought from Uniqlo before but I'm a medium in most stuff, except for cheaper things like a Zara jacket I bought where I sized up and it's still tight.

3. spicycho

spicycho Senior member

So this +j collection will be online sometime in the fall on the us site? Link wasn't clear. I'd grab a few things for sure.

4. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

Yes, it will on October 10th, when it's released throughout all US stores

5. arcturuz

arcturuz Well-Known Member

hopefully this relaunch of old +J items will lead to a new +J collab with Jil Sander in the near future now that she is out of Jil Sander

6. jet

jet Senior member

just buy jil sander if you want jil sander

1 person likes this.
  7. danneskjold

danneskjold Member

"today on stupid shit rich people say"

4 people like this.
  8. jet

jet Senior member

silence peasant

18 people like this.
  9. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

So I ordered some of the Pure Blue Japan stuff before I found out it wasn't actually a collaboration, and I'd say my reaction is a strong 'meh'.

The jeans are ok, nicer than the current stock of zipper-fly selvedge jeans but definitely not as nice as the older MIJ line. The loose fit taper is a decent cut - think APC PNS, only more so - but basically unwearable for me because I can't get my size 12 foot through the leg opening on a size 28. The slim fit straight straight were ok, maybe vanity sized by one rather than two, but overall about on par with what I'd expect from the Gap.

I also got one of the sweatshirts, which was kinda tight in the chest, arms, and shoulders; cropped in terms of body length; and kinda flappy at the waist, which didn't really gather at all. If I really wanted something in this style, I'd probably pony up a few more ducats for a similar sweatshirt from The West Is Dead.

10. aphelan

aphelan Senior member

I grabbed a pair of the PBJ jeans as well and I find the fit to be perfect, but my feet are a size 10.5. For $70 they're a pretty good deal IMO and when they go on sale I'll pick up another pair or two.

11. innerstyle

innerstyle Senior member

Had no idea +J pieces would be re-released, awesome. :slayer: If they are offered, I'm looking to cop the flannel straight dress pants, maybe the wool shawl collar cardigan if the pilling is fixed.

I'm very curious how the quality will vary compared to the original pieces since it'll be a much more mass produced line I assume? Based on the sale prices I got for +J when last offered, the quality to price ratio was insane.

1 person likes this.
  12. phosej

phosej Senior member

On the Uniqlo US site, it says that +J will be available at the Chestnut street store in Philadelphia on October 3rd, and then available online and stores in New York/New Jersey on October 10th.

On the Uniqlo UK site, it says that it will be "available online and at 311 Oxford street store from September 23rd".

Does this mean that the UK release is definitely ahead of the US release?

13. im eddie

im eddie Senior member

won't be surprised to see those pieces on ebay and markets from UK sellers then.

14. hennree

hennree Senior member

Need a new pair of the skinny fit tapered jeans. There are 3 types on the UK site now. Which are the ones closest to the classic T-000s?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  15. phosej

phosej Senior member

I'm looking at the UK site for the +J collection (http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/plusj/men/), but when I click on a few items to look at them in detail, I see they don't provide the actual colours in terms of 'grey' or 'black' or 'dark grey', just small squares of colour. Furthermore, when I look at the solid wool flannel jacket and then the solid wool flannel trousers, the colours don't seem to match! The suit jacket colour squares look darker than the trousers. Does anyone know what colours exactly are being offered for the chesterfield/solid suit?

16. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

I guess they will be launching 2 suits and that the pants will match the jackets. That would make more sense.
    Glad to see I already own the chesterfield and the duffle coat, it will save me a lot of money. I also have a grey blazer, hope it's one of the 2 on the site and that I'll be able to buy the matching pants.

17. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

Thoughts on the Chesterfield? I believe it's re-releasing at the original price ($230).

18. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

Will keep you warm, mine is made of a mix of cashmere (50%) and wool (50%). Hope the one they are releasing is similar. That's pretty for that price point I think and even though I'm pretty short (5'8) I never felt it was too long.

19. Benjaminba

Benjaminba Senior member

I have that chesterfield coat (same design), but I think the fabric on mine is 70% wool and 30% nylon, and it's not that thick. Still like it, though. Too bad there's only one colour so far - would've liked one in brown or camel.

20. 2 Legit 2 Quit

2 Legit 2 Quit Well-Known Member

Just got the pbj collab denim in today and they're pretty nice imo. I got the light blue pair and the less darker indigo pair. Note that each pair of jeans comes with a different set of distressing and my darker indigo pair had too many obnoxious holes in em so I'm going to have to return them. I have an athletic build with bigger thighs and I actually sized up 1 on them , as opposed to some saying to size down, and they fit me perfectly.