1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. accordion

accordion Senior member

doubt it's ever possible for a brand like PBJ that relies on its fabrics and not so much build/construction/design to collaborate with a fast fashion company anyway. But yea dick move.

2. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

I'll be visiting Uniqlo tomorrow. Going to check out those long sleeve waffle shirts. Hopefully they not too thin.

3. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

waffle shirts felt cheap, pure blue jeans were nothing special, life is suffering

4. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

I had a feeling. :(

5. jet

jet Senior member

well it is cheap chinese clothing after all, nobody should be forming a wardrobe around this stuff or h&m...only good for fillers

oh man you socal guys gotta read the yelp reviews about the south coast store, so many idiots out there it's ridiculous...one guy thought the pop up was the store, another waited for months and drove from LA to save 3 dollars on underwear only to find out they didn't have it, another saying it's where kpop starts shop, another saying they should open in a bigger space (ok that's possible in the mall), and other imbeciles complaining how they don't have everything on the first fucking day of opening :lol:

i love it

3 people like this.
  6. WestwardDrift

WestwardDrift Active Member

I agree completely. But I'm finding Uniqlo and H&M to be worthless for fillers as well. In my last three stops into Uniqlo (and 3 stops into H&M) I've come away with exactly one pair of shorts.

7. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

yeah it's chill.

also: lots of flannels tied around waists, asian people, asian girls mirin me, flatscreens everywhere 1984 style with people on sedatives talking in a monotone about how great jeans are, cute asian babies, a guy wearing orange raf simons trainers that i said "hey, raf simons" to

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    5 people like this.
  8. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

I too agree.

I don't wear anything from H&M. I bought some tees months ago and returned them back a week later because they felt cheap and too tight. But I cannot wear anything else. H&M is always packed with gay people too I always feel their clothing is targeted for them because it looks super metrosexual.

I prefer UNIQLO. Even though I don't buy much from there either except t-shirts and sweatshirts and underwear. Never bought their jeans or socks or anything else.

9. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Well that took a twist

And while few, H&M occasionally have nice pieces, case in point the linen suits they sold and this summer + derbies from last year's collection, have worn them all year and they're holding up well

10. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Yes on the whole I'd say Uniqlo's quality was better, but if you search hard enough you can stumble on the odd decent piece at H&M. I've had some decent wool trousers for next to nothing that I really like, but I gave up ordering stuff online as the returns were exceeding the keepers, where as Uniqlo has generally been pretty solid (if variable from piece to piece and season to season).

1 person likes this.
  11. wahwho11

wahwho11 Senior member

1 person likes this.
  12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

that's interesting

and your username reminds me i need to PM whitney regarding the superswap! thanks

1 person likes this.
  13. capnMURPHY2021

capnMURPHY2021 Senior member

Would love to see some of those +J outerwear pieces brought back.

1 person likes this.
  14. canno

canno Active Member

15. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Huh some nice stuff there. +J was a great collab. Wish they remade some of those items still.

Hey anyone have trouble ordering off Uniqlo USA? I've got a few items in my cart that say low stock but lets me add it. I go to check out and says error. Then cart says no stock. But item page stills shows ok and lets me add the item to the cart. So what the hey? Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

16. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Damn I'm checking almost everyday to see if they have any new skinny fit tapered jeans. Want one in some brown tones.

1 person likes this.
  17. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

+1 for +J

I get that sometimes and just assume it's a caching issue and the item has sold out.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  18. jet

jet Senior member

i wonder if new +J will be as decent as old. I don't really care either way.

19. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

H+M sweatpants aren't that bad. For 20 bucks they're thicker than uniqlos.

20. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

LOL why are you guys expecting so much out of a basics brand I buy my underwear at?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.