1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Awaiting the Baller Chino Thread.

2. accordion

accordion Senior member

anyone tried the new slim tapered stretch jeans?

3. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

I have a few for that same purpose and I'm a fan. Not too slim but far from baggy so go TTS IMO

4. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

Anyonw tried the new sweatpants?

5. accordion

accordion Senior member

can tell you in two days, just ordered them along with some slim tapered stretch jeans.

6. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Don't sleep on the skinny fit tapered. Might be the most perfect pair of denim I've tried on. It's very comparable to Geller's type D denim, which is what I've been primarily wearing, but at a fraction of the price, it's a no brainer. Got the dark gray one, and the hem, the knee, thighs and waist are pretty much perfect, and there is just enough of spandex or poly or whatever that it's comfortable out of the box.

Also tried on the ...

slim fit stretch tapered and the top block wasn't that sharp, felt sloppy, but definitely more room there if you want it. But the skinny fit already has stretch to it, so it's not really needed.
    legging jean, which just seemed not worth it. Lower price point and the whole thing just felt cheaper.

7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I got a pair of those today and sadly don't fit. Waist is huge and my quads and calves feel so tight in them. The fabric is really nice though for $39. Wish they made a larger cut in them.

8. accordion

accordion Senior member

sweatpants are ok, tapered fit, good thickness, sturdier the last two or three kinds. The slim stretches are exactly like the leggings, I can't tell the difference.

9. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  10. jet

jet Senior member

checked out uniqlo popup today, hundreds of UL down so sick of seeing that shit

their space is huge

1 person likes this.
  11. Thomas Neville

Thomas Neville Member

12. derv

derv Senior member

I mean, from the pics on the email with the models, do they really think those fits looks good?

Seriously.

13. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

Tried them on in-store. Fit was okay, worst material so far.

14. Zassiliss

Zassiliss Senior member

As a guy with larger thighs and seat, the stretch tapered jeans are a godsend. The fabric feels a little light, so we'll see how long they last--but for $29.90 I can deal with whatever.

15. Thomas Neville

Thomas Neville Member

As a guy who can never find jeans that fit my thighs, I'm intrigued. The leggings were too tight for me. How big are your thighs? What size jeans are you?

16. Zassiliss

Zassiliss Senior member

My thighs are around 25'' and I sized up to a 34--it's a bit loose in the waist, but I certainly like the fit, and it's really easy to move around/sit down.

17. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

I can never get used to the "feel" of the fabric with their stretch pants, somehow they don't seem as breathable as 100% cotton trousers. Anyone else have that problem?

18. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

i was offput by the feel too, but i always assumed it was just that i never wear anything with stretch as pants. Maybe there's more to it than that.

19. poena

poena Senior member

skinny fit tapered?

is that what they are calling the stretch or the skinny or the slim on the website?

I tried on the leggings a few weeks ago at the store and was hoping to pick up something similar.

20. tstyg

tstyg Member

Looking to get a pair of these but unsure what my waist would be. How does the waist size measure up against Levi's or N&F?