1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

You dirty ape!!!!!!!!

2 people like this.
  2. JjasonL

JjasonL Senior member

uniqlo is in philly!!! yayyyy finally!!!!!

3. guitar2013

guitar2013 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

Liking the shorts

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Cordwinder

Cordwinder Senior member

[​IMG]
    Still deciding whether to get this.

Any opinions?

6. EdwardB

EdwardB Senior member

^ Tried both that and the linen version on a few days ago, it's seriously impressive for the price (don't know JPN price, but it was $50US last week). I have a weird-to-fit body and it seriously fit perfectly; maybe some slight alterations to sleeve length would be needed, but I can't get over how a mass market brand can make stuff that fits better off the rack than other brands that retail for 5-10x the price.

Lined only in the sleeves, fabric/details are passable/what you'd expect from Uniqlo. If I were to be critical, it's a bit short/button stance is a little high, but I guess that's just what's popular right now, so I can't complain. Overall worth it, I think.

7. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

They really aren't the same thing - just check the measurements on the uniqlo site. The supimas are a little shorter and overall more slim. I've been buying tees from the fall season to stock up since the new premiums have slightly different measurements as well

8. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

Uniqlo is heavily advertising Supima cotton. What I'm curious to know is if the premiums are made of Supima? which I don't think they are. Supima cotton is a high quality cotton that holds color much longer. Some have said that the Premium tee's cotton is a bit more abrasive, but I don't detect that.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  9. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

The following is my personal experience with the two t-shirts.

I have a supima cotton t-shirt purchased a few months ago and a premium t-shirt purchased last year. Both of them feel different; the supima shirt feels lighter and has less stretch while the premium shirt is thicker in cotton. For $8 to $12 bucks, depending on the promotion, no other t-shirt I've purchased in the past compares at this price range.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  10. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

I would love to try the supima tees, but sadly pocketless t-shirts hold 0 interest for me. Sized up 1 on the linen-cotton mix, fit is decent in a slouchy-summery way though I probably still need to put it through a few washes to achieve desirable softness

11. UltraMagnetical

UltraMagnetical Senior member

which t shirt is this?

12. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

Supima. Mainly bc there was about 4 total of the premium at the brick and mortar I went to.

But I dig them

13. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Supima = Premium cotton t's. I asked the SA why they dont have them this year and told me that.

14. Leather

Leather Senior member

Yes, we have established that the SA's answer is supima = premium cotton T's but in reality that is not the case.

15. Louys

Louys Senior member

I'm not familiar with Uniqlo's weekly promotions. Are they random or can one expect certain items to go on sale at certain times? In particular I'm wondering when it would be smart to try and grab so heattech stuff at discount.

16. boozwah

boozwah Well-Known Member

I've never liked briefs. They look kind of dorky and I don't like the feel, plus I need something that is going to cover some of my thighs for when I go running. I've gotten used to the kind of boxer-brief and anything else feels weird at this point. The problem Ive had with some of the Uniqlo briefs and H&M too, is that they're too short and the bottom isn't elastic enough relative to the rest of the boxer-brief to keep them from riding up. Im a 33 waist, so Im kind of in between a M and a L, so Im going to see if a M would be any better.I really want to like Uniqlo though. No obnoxious branding, relatively cheap, the Airism material is really nice, and it would be easy to pick up a bunch at once if/when they go on sale.

I've clearly put too much thought into underwear at this point.

17. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

Have you considered hemming them? It's very easy. Make a slit on each leg, then sew the fabric closer. It would be easy to do on a sewing machine but that's one solution to your problem.

1 person likes this.
  18. boozwah

boozwah Well-Known Member

Thats probably too much work for like 10-20 pairs. Ive had Calvin Klein and Hanes pairs that have fit well. Not a big fan of the branding all over the waist, but as long as they are comfortable all day its not a big deal I guess. I generally get all my basics from Uniqlo and really like the quality/fit/price, so I was kind of surprised I didn't like the underwear.

19. Cordwinder

Cordwinder Senior member

^ Tried both that and the linen version on a few days ago, it's seriously impressive for the price (don't know JPN price, but it was $50US last week). I have a weird-to-fit body and it seriously fit perfectly; maybe some slight alterations to sleeve length would be needed, but I can't get over how a mass market brand can make stuff that fits better off the rack than other brands that retail for 5-10x the price.

Lined only in the sleeves, fabric/details are passable/what you'd expect from Uniqlo.  If I were to be critical, it's a bit short/button stance is a little high, but I guess that's just what's popular right now, so I can't complain. Overall worth it, I think.
    [/qu

This is the Linen/Cotton blend jacket. What other version did you try out?
    I tried it on too and the XL (in Japan) fit well for me too.

20. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

anybody have typical inseam and leg opening measurements for the shorts?