The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

It's incredible how useless the story is today compared to a few years back. Still CAN be a great place to find some basics (I have go-to cords from there from last FW), but it's few and far between overall.

Assuming this was supposed to be posted in the Gap write-up thread?

2. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

Assuming this was supposed to be posted in the Gap write-up thread?

no he's kind of right. uniqlo sucks hard now. great socks and decent underwear tho.

3. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Oh, right. He meant store, not story. Got confused there

4. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Their tees (basic tees, not graphic ones) and vintage chinos are really good imo.

I still buy their flannels every year because they fit me perfectly and are cheap. But quality has clearly deteriorated. I have a few flannels from 2 years ago that are much thicker than the ones from this past year. The buttons were thicker too.

5. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

And it looks like mens +J jackets are on huge sale right now, almost tempted to try again... Let us know how it goes notwithit, since you got a total anti-asian bod.
    Tried the +J wool slim fit blazer briefly yesterday. My initial thought is that it fits pretty damn well. I'll try to post a fit pic tomorrow (fingers crossed for sunshine so I can take a decent picture outdoors). One thing I'm not sure of is whether you're supposed to button both buttons...the lower button is pretty high. edit: Also, LOL at "anti-asian bod". [​IMG]

6. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

^got my navy wool slim fit blazer yesterday...opened it up this morning and it has pinstripes[​IMG]

this is the one i ordered:

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/explorer.ht...068411-000-69/

check the product code on the tag and it matched

i then put my face real close to the screen and saw the pinstripes

called this morning about it and the girls all "yea, i'm looking at it right now and i can definitely see the pinstripes"

i thought about exchanging it for the navy twill short blazer or the blue wool slim fit blazer (which doesn't look like it has pinstripes) but they are both out of stock in my size now

had them have someone from customer support call me to see if they could refund the shipping costs since i thought i was deceived and the girl that called me back agreed that it was not clear that it has pinstripes

7. flyindarkness

flyindarkness Senior member

is there still lot of the +j left? What's really left? and in what sizes mostly.

I ordered from uniqlo before through email and phone and it was a pain
    is it all better now?

8. flyindarkness

flyindarkness Senior member

9. omgitswes

omgitswes Senior member

I'm heading to the Soho store for the first time when I go to NYC next week. I'm sure all the +J stuff will be long gone by then.

10. rotv

rotv Member

How often do the Vintage chinos and oxfords pop up through the us website?

11. hobojones

hobojones Senior member

^got my navy wool slim fit blazer yesterday...opened it up this morning and it has pinstripes[​IMG]

this is the one i ordered:

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/explorer.ht...068411-000-69/

check the product code on the tag and it matched

i then put my face real close to the screen and saw the pinstripes

called this morning about it and the girls all "yea, i'm looking at it right now and i can definitely see the pinstripes"

i thought about exchanging it for the navy twill short blazer or the blue wool slim fit blazer (which doesn't look like it has pinstripes) but they are both out of stock in my size now

had them have someone from customer support call me to see if they could refund the shipping costs since i thought i was deceived and the girl that called me back agreed that it was not clear that it has pinstripes

Wow, that's really strange as I ordered the exact same blazer from the last +J sale (about a month ago?) and mine has absolutely no pin stripes.
    68411 (+J)Wool slim fit jacket 69 Navy Medium 1item $99.9
    ^That's what the item was listed as when I look back at the confirmation email I got back then. I'm looking at it right now, and there are no pin stripes at all. Not sure what to make of this really. Though I did pay more ... (kicking myself for that). Not sure if it's a different item as they have the exact same item code. I really don't know.

12. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

^you sure you didn't get color 68 blue? that one looks like there are no pinstripes

flyingdarkness, size medium

13. hobojones

hobojones Senior member

^look at my order 69 navy.

14. Desi

Desi Senior member

sooo they sent you the wrong model? because i can clearly see the difference between the 68411-68 and the 68411-69.

15. Nomy?

Nomy? Senior member

just got off the phone with them, ordered 2 shirts, just checking them out for the first time.