1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

Looking for the same waffle knit blazer that was posted here a while back. Chances are uniqlo doesn't have this anymore? Is there anything similar?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  2. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

Those are great but I don't think they've carried them since last year

3. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  4. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

+1.

I picked up a couple of pairs and they feel nice and are very comfy, but the fabric is light. It isn't the sort of thick, quite beefy chino fabric that will last for years and fade and get softer and softer after each wash, as Land's End chino shorts usually do. Instead, it's the sort of thinner cotton fabric that will probably be worn out after a season or so.

1 person likes this.
  5. poena

poena Senior member

Question about these leggings jeans...do they keep stretching in the waist? or does it always return to roughly the same size. Trying to figure out how to size them.

6. arcturuz

arcturuz Well-Known Member

this season's chino shorts have a nappy brushed cotton surface which feels really good to touch

no complains, just that the cut is rather baggy

7. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

oxford report: the thing about the slim-fit oxfords this season having a swooping out waist is true, though since I almost always tuck when I wear mine, it doesn't matter, and the swoop may actually help them stay tucked in. I wear last season's tucked in too, so I would never have noticed that this was a change. Also, the minor fit change since last season is not something I'm noticing when wearing. The fabric (on the white one) feels the same.

8. tropics

tropics Senior member

agreed. i wonder if we are all talking about the same shorts here. although the pricing sounds like we are.
    my chino shorts have a nice weight to them (almost like my lighter epaulet chinos in short form), seems odd that they could be described as light / flimsy.
    i picked up 4 pairs. they felt a lot more substantial and comfortable to me than the linen shorts.
    although having said that, i have not washed them yet so they may deteriorate at that point.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  9. 5354

5354 Senior member

any tips on sizing for airism tees? reviews say size up one. i wear a small for H&M tees

thanks in advance

10. DLester

DLester Senior member

I hate that, bad to hear.

I like Uniqlo okay and all but is there anything that is actually getting better? I might just buy some of the Uniqlo leggings then switch to COS from here out.

11. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Size up 1 if you don't plan on wearing them as an undershirt.

--

Anyone try the cotton/linen blend tshirts?

1 person likes this.
  12. jet

jet Senior member

i still have 4 of the old fit regular cut oxfords brand new if anyone wants to offer me a fair price

13. accordion

accordion Senior member

14. jet

jet Senior member

sorry mediums in grey pink blue and white

15. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

You guys think Suddenlee would proxy? I don't want jet to have my address. :happy:

Last edited: May 21, 2014
    2 people like this.
  16. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Just to let everyone know that I bought a large from Jet last year and it turned me into an instant babe magnet :nodding:

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  17. mothball

mothball Senior member

Obviously a pre-existing condition, MoK.

Thanks for all the information about the shorts, guys.

18. transient

transient Senior member

The twill shorts are really dope. Great cut and pretty solid and only $15! I'm getting like 5. Haven't tried the chinos or linen though. I also really like the powder soft denim too probably won't last but they're essentially perfect in every other way.

It's funny -- a couple of years into my 'clothing hobby' and over half my stuff is Uniqlo. This is for a good reason as I've been disappointed with only a small fraction of my purchases. At this point I only really have to only focus on getting cool footware and outwear in the oncoming years. It won't be hard to drop real coin on baller sneakers/boots and jackets when the majority of my wardrobe consists of $30-$60 dollar pieces.

I sometimes wonder if the value of their stuff will decrease as they expand globally.

1 person likes this.
  19. lowk

lowk Senior member

Are the DRY SLIM FIT FLAT FRONT PANTS good for business/formal? or which ones would you recommend.
    How are uniqlo belts, need one for cheap.

20. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

received the legging jeans, they are super comfy. Would be perfect if they had single sizes since I'm more of a 30 than a 31 but there's no way I could fit in a 28/29 so I'm gonna embrace the slight looseness. Do these shrink at all in the dryer?

[​IMG]

6 people like this.