The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

They raised oxford prices again? Fuck, I wanted to go buy some like 2 months ago...

Part of the appeal of uniqlo is that it was so cheap; the inexpensiveness clouded a bit the quality, and while some of the stuff is actually really nicely done, the cheapness becomes more apparent and we feel more ripped off when we have to pay a lot more.

[​IMG]

blame US government. with now USD at their lowest against any other currency, it is inevitable that they raise USD prices when their cost is from china/japan.

2. Naro

Naro Well-Known Member

Has anybody tried the +J military twill cotton jacket? It's on sale for $80 right now.

3. 13k

13k Senior member

Do you guys phone in to the SoHo store for mail orders?

NVM got it

4. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Called in an order yesterday. They said I'd get an email confirmation within 24 hours. I have not heard back. [​IMG] edit: Called back. Order shipped. Should be in today. The woman I spoke with (Jen, I think) said they wouldn't be restocking the +J stuff. Is this the end of +J, or just this season's +J?

5. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

^ I'm sure it's the end of this season's +J. There will most likely be +J F/W 11.

The way I see it, the +J collection has been declining with every season. The first season, F/W 2009 (I believe) was its best.

6. Desi

Desi Senior member

I don't know if I would agree. This S/S was better than S/S 2010 when it comes to menswear. Fall 2010 also had more work appropriate suiting. It is literally impossible for me to wear my Fall '09 suit anywhere other than a party compared to the one I got in 2010. Though I appreciate the design element of the 2009 fall/winter collection more.

7. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

'09 was better for the price. Designs and fit wise, I like the current seasons. The pants are slimmer/taper and and i like the cropped pants. Suit jackets are also cut shorter.

8. kevinh

kevinh New Member

does anyone know how thin this season's oxfords are? are they see through?

9. transient

transient Senior member

I'm pretty disappointed, I thought I had found the holy grail of good cheap shirts and ordered 5 of them from Uniqlo. Shoulders and length is PERFECT but the shoulders are too small and the sleeves are like two inches too short. I'm as average proportionally-wise as you can get and usually a small. There is no way a medium would fit the way I'd want it to. I sent it all back except for the black broadcloth shirt which is so nice for $25 but got automatically delegated to a beater item.

And it looks like mens +J jackets are on huge sale right now, almost tempted to try again...

Let us know how it goes notwithit, since you got a total anti-asian bod.

10. hobojones

hobojones Senior member

I'm pretty disappointed, I thought I had found the holy grail of good cheap shirts and ordered 5 of them from Uniqlo. Shoulders and chest is PERFECT but the shoulders are too small and the sleeves are like two inches too short. I'm as average proportionally-wise as you can get and usually a small. There is no way a medium would fit the way I'd want it to. I sent it all back except for the black broadcloth shirt which is so nice for $25 but got automatically delegated to a beater item.

And it looks like mens +J jackets are on huge sale right now, almost tempted to try again...

? ??? ??? ?? ?? ?? ? ? ?? ?

11. transient

transient Senior member

12. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

I'm pretty disappointed, I thought I had found the holy grail of good cheap shirts and ordered 5 of them from Uniqlo. Shoulders and length is PERFECT but the shoulders are too small and the sleeves are like two inches too short. I'm as average proportionally-wise as you can get and usually a small. There is no way a medium would fit the way I'd want it to. I sent it all back except for the black broadcloth shirt which is so nice for $25 but got automatically delegated to a beater item.

on the site the size charts are specific for each item...not a general size chart for the whole brand

i've never checked anything i've ordered to see how accurate it is

13. transient

transient Senior member

on the site the size charts are specific for each item...not a general size chart for the whole brand

i've never checked anything i've ordered to see how accurate it is

Oh man. Is that new? I totally missed it, I thought they only had basic chest sizes for S,M,L etc... It's pretty accurate. Unfortunately the cut of their shirts seems to be pretty ubiquitous, but I'll be on a lookout next time. Thanks!

14. ArsenalDan

ArsenalDan Senior member

It's incredible how useless the story is today compared to a few years back. Still CAN be a great place to find some basics (I have go-to cords from there from last FW), but it's few and far between overall.

15. lamergod

lamergod Senior member

I thought I was the only one having problems with the sleeves. I'm an Asian guy. Slightly taller than the average and wears S. Those sleeves are so short I have no choice but to roll them up.