• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cheese1
They raised oxford prices again? ****, I wanted to go buy some like 2 months ago...

Originally Posted by NotoriousMarquis
Part of the appeal of uniqlo is that it was so cheap; the inexpensiveness clouded a bit the quality, and while some of the stuff is actually really nicely done, the cheapness becomes more apparent and we feel more ripped off when we have to pay a lot more.

facepalm.gif

blame US government. with now USD at their lowest against any other currency, it is inevitable that they raise USD prices when their cost is from china/japan.

Naro

Reaction score
Has anybody tried the +J military twill cotton jacket? It's on sale for $80 right now.

Reaction score
Do you guys phone in to the SoHo store for mail orders?

NVM got it

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Called in an order yesterday. They said I'd get an email confirmation within 24 hours. I have not heard back.
plain.gif
edit: Called back. Order shipped. Should be in today. The woman I spoke with (Jen, I think) said they wouldn't be restocking the +J stuff. Is this the end of +J, or just this season's +J?

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I'm sure it's the end of this season's +J. There will most likely be +J F/W 11.

The way I see it, the +J collection has been declining with every season. The first season, F/W 2009 (I believe) was its best.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I would agree. This S/S was better than S/S 2010 when it comes to menswear. Fall 2010 also had more work appropriate suiting. It is literally impossible for me to wear my Fall '09 suit anywhere other than a party compared to the one I got in 2010. Though I appreciate the design element of the 2009 fall/winter collection more.

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
'09 was better for the price. Designs and fit wise, I like the current seasons. The pants are slimmer/taper and and i like the cropped pants. Suit jackets are also cut shorter.

kevinh

Reaction score
does anyone know how thin this season's oxfords are? are they see through?

transient

Reaction score
I'm pretty disappointed, I thought I had found the holy grail of good cheap shirts and ordered 5 of them from Uniqlo. Shoulders and length is PERFECT but the shoulders are too small and the sleeves are like two inches too short. I'm as average proportionally-wise as you can get and usually a small. There is no way a medium would fit the way I'd want it to. I sent it all back except for the black broadcloth shirt which is so nice for $25 but got automatically delegated to a beater item.

And it looks like mens +J jackets are on huge sale right now, almost tempted to try again...

Let us know how it goes notwithit, since you got a total anti-asian bod.

hobojones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by transient
I'm pretty disappointed, I thought I had found the holy grail of good cheap shirts and ordered 5 of them from Uniqlo. Shoulders and chest is PERFECT but the shoulders are too small and the sleeves are like two inches too short. I'm as average proportionally-wise as you can get and usually a small. There is no way a medium would fit the way I'd want it to. I sent it all back except for the black broadcloth shirt which is so nice for $25 but got automatically delegated to a beater item.

And it looks like mens +J jackets are on huge sale right now, almost tempted to try again...

? ??? ??? ?? ?? ?? ? ? ?? ?

Crump's Brother

Reaction score
Originally Posted by transient
I'm pretty disappointed, I thought I had found the holy grail of good cheap shirts and ordered 5 of them from Uniqlo. Shoulders and length is PERFECT but the shoulders are too small and the sleeves are like two inches too short. I'm as average proportionally-wise as you can get and usually a small. There is no way a medium would fit the way I'd want it to. I sent it all back except for the black broadcloth shirt which is so nice for $25 but got automatically delegated to a beater item.

on the site the size charts are specific for each item...not a general size chart for the whole brand

i've never checked anything i've ordered to see how accurate it is

transient

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crump's Brother
on the site the size charts are specific for each item...not a general size chart for the whole brand

i've never checked anything i've ordered to see how accurate it is

Oh man. Is that new? I totally missed it, I thought they only had basic chest sizes for S,M,L etc... It's pretty accurate. Unfortunately the cut of their shirts seems to be pretty ubiquitous, but I'll be on a lookout next time. Thanks!

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
It's incredible how useless the story is today compared to a few years back. Still CAN be a great place to find some basics (I have go-to cords from there from last FW), but it's few and far between overall.

lamergod

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one having problems with the sleeves. I'm an Asian guy. Slightly taller than the average and wears S. Those sleeves are so short I have no choice but to roll them up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads