The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. NotoriousMarquis

NotoriousMarquis Senior member

They raised oxford prices again? Fuck, I wanted to go buy some like 2 months ago...

Part of the appeal of uniqlo is that it was so cheap; the inexpensiveness clouded a bit the quality, and while some of the stuff is actually really nicely done, the cheapness becomes more apparent and we feel more ripped off when we have to pay a lot more.

2. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

at that point, much better off waiting until Rugby goes on sale, which is regularly.

3. ILikeBacon

ILikeBacon Senior member

I'm looking to buy http://www.uniqlo.com/us/explorer.ht...067728-000-69/

Does anyone know how it fits? The shoulder measurement listed for a small is 16.9" which seems a bit small to me.
    I usually wear a 36 and my jackets have a 17.5" shoulder. Should I just go for the medium?
    Also the body lengths of the jackets seem really short. Does anyone know if they measure from the top of the collar or the bottom? Because a M has a 28.7" length :/

4. dls6128

dls6128 Senior member

^ Fits slim tts. I am a small 38 and it fits well. I have broad shoulders so I don't think it'll be an issue for you. It is a pretty short jacket for a suit, though.

5. ILikeBacon

ILikeBacon Senior member

You wear M? I'm 5'7 though haha.

6. dls6128

dls6128 Senior member

^Sorry, should have specified – I wear a small. If you're 5'7 I don't think you'll have any length issues, I'm 6'1 and it seems fine.

7. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

the ocbd's that were 19.90 last summer, are now 29.90. This really bothers me.

Ah, shit. I wanted to get dark gray/light gray before they inevitably raised prices again.

Oh well. Blue + red + beige will do me well.

8. diederik

diederik Well-Known Member

http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/067938

Anyone having these shorts? Are they true to size?

I picked these up in NY store 2 weeks ago and had to buy L - with jeans waist of 32. M's wouldn't even close [​IMG]

9. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

You wear M? I'm 5'7 though haha.
    I'm 5'7" or so, with a 36" chest, and I bought a +j stretch blazer in S. Didn't fit me as well as I'd hoped. Got a flannel blazer in XS instead, and it pretty much fit the way I wanted it to. It's from the first collection though, dunno if measurements changed (probably not) EDIT: shoulders are almost slightly too small though, they're very close-fit as it is

10. ILikeBacon

ILikeBacon Senior member

11. tyboy

tyboy Member

So I'm 6'2", 175 lbs. (skinny), and I like a slim-fit. I usually wear medium in shirts like Polo's custom-fit OCBDs. What am I going to be in Uniqlo? Is the fit different in +J or +J slim-fit?

Also, maybe I'm blind but I'm not seeing the famous Uniqlo OCBD (this: http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/060522) on their US website. Do they not have it?

And FINALLY: I'm usually a 31/34, how does the +J fit? True to size?

I'd really appreciate the help-- I want to order some stuff but I have no clue how it all fits!

12. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

13. zerostyle

zerostyle Senior member

Any good times to head to Uniqlo for sales?

I want to do a NYC trip this summer and want to hit up Uniqlo.

What are their sales usually like? (I'm just thinking of other retail places like BR/etc that regularly run 30-40% off and I don't want to be ripped off)

14. lamergod

lamergod Senior member

Anyone tried their new chino shorts? Was thinking of getting some. Probably khaki and white.
    They are going for pretty cheaply.

15. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

a lot of +J stuff is on sale again when it was on sale the week before easter i think it was half off...this time some stuff is a deeper discount than 50% last time i missed out on the cotton twill military parka but i got the wool slim fit jacket for $69.90 down from $229.90 http://www.uniqlo.com/us/explorer.ht...068411-000-69/