1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Well-Known Member

I have worn a size 28 APC NS but next time would go for a size 29.
    I wear size 29 in the Uniqlo Slim Fit Corduroy Jeans and they fit me nicely all around with maybe a slightly too wide waistband.
    Now I'd like to buy a pair of the 100% unsanforized cotton Selvedge Slim Fit Straight Jeans, the size guide recommends the same measurements as for the corduroy jeans.
    What would you do, size down one or keep the current size?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  2. innerstyle

innerstyle Well-Known Member

If it's unsanforized, I assume it will shrink quite a bit after the first wash/rinse?

3. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Since when does Uniqlo sell unsanforized denim? :eh:

Unless I'm missing something or you're looking at another country's web site, I don't see anything that has even a remote possibility of using unsanforized denim.

4. Louis XIV

http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/124313
    I think the shrinkage will mostly affect the length of the jeans, while the waistband will stretch back out.
    Do you think the denim will stretch similiar to the corduroy?

5. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Weird. US site makes no mention of unsanforized denim in the product description of the same item number: http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/lifewear/men-slim-fit-straight-jeans-selvedge/124313-69

If those are in fact unsanforized - and I'm still not entirely clear that they are - it's odd that they went with a zipper fly; zippers and zipper tape won't shrink with the denim when you wash them, so you can get some weird results.

Anyway, the waistband will stretch. Every pair of unsanforized denim I've owned, the waist has stretched back out beyond its pre-shrink size. If they're going to shrink, I would be more concerned with the inseam length and potentially the thighs, neither of which will stretch back out much after you shrink them.

6. Louis XIV

So you would recommend sticking to the same size I comfortably wear in the corduroy jeans instead of sizing down?

7. noobedloser

noobedloser Well-Known Member

I would suggest go TTS or size up one. If you size down one and they shrink, they will be even smaller.
    But I haven't dealt with these jeans

8. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

Shit I better give my pair a soak just in case

9. K. Nights

K. Nights Well-Known Member

Hate how all the jackets are ventless.

1 person likes this.
  10. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

if you treat it as sweater/cardigan jacket it is not too bad... not liking the fabrics this spring-summer...too much poly

11. Mark_Y

Mark_Y Well-Known Member

Anyone know how often Uniqlo updates their inventory? They been out of some medium slim fit oxford shirts for months.

12. leeba

leeba Well-Known Member

^ It seems pretty random, to my knowledge at least. Sort of sucks.

Don't like new oxford material - at least for the pink one. It's sort of see thru and thinner, which sucks.

On a side note, if anybody has one of those UU pile fleece things in an M or L they're not using - hit me up I've been looking for one. Delayed ugly but cool reaction.

13. Mark_Y

Mark_Y Well-Known Member

Interesting. I'm looking for a pale yellow slim fitting OCBD if you know of a good place to get one.

14. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

Why can't this massive reatiler have a decent mobile site? So annoying.

15. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

16. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

Hmm. Right. that makes sense...and yet I don't want an app. I just want a clean mobile experience in the occasions I need to browse on the phone.

oh well. white whine.

17. dan138zig

dan138zig Well-Known Member

is it normal for uniqlo wool to have "hairs" popping out (I can't think of the term!) after only a week or I just have a lemon here?? it's $29 cardigan FYI.

18. K. Nights

K. Nights Well-Known Member

Normal. Don't expect a lot out of their knits.

19. dan138zig

dan138zig Well-Known Member

Damn, it's practically unwearable for more-than-casual occasions now.

20. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

I asked Uniqlo about the UK webstore mentioning the jeans are unsanforized, and asked if the US ones are the same. their response:

"Yes, these jeans are unsanforized as well. Because of the dye used to colour these jeans - be sure to give these a wash before wearing them, to prevent any excess of colour transfer onto your footwear and garments. These are made in a selvedge style with unsanforized denim which may shrink on the first wash. Due to the characteristics of the material, these jeans may come up smaller than the normal UNIQLO jeans.

We would like to thank you for choosing UNIQLO. You are a valued customer and we appreciate your business."